SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

People actually watch the NBA? It’s a look at me league and has been since Jordan retired pretty much. Cannot stomach it 

I quit watching NBA after Rodman kicked a fan under the basket.  I was hoping Phil Jackson would have done something.  Instead it turn into a thug league.  I probably watched a hand full of games since.  None i

n the last 10 to 15 years.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

It's my tripping point.  I had a Great GF served in the civil war and survived.  Another Great GF had a brother that dies in the civil  war.  Many relative that served in WWI a d WWII.  I served during Vietnam and well as a brother.  It's about all that served that made this country the best ever.  Sports means nothing in comparison.

Ditto for my relatives. I want to watch a game. If you want to make a statement, buy a keg and have a party. All of these issues would seem to distract players from their focus on the game. Some college teams do not take the field until after the National Anthem. No opportunity to distract the players... good idea, IMHO. Go UND.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

You will see players taking a knee across many different sports and many different levels and if that is your tipping point you might as well start making plans to not see many sports at all. 

Personally I couldn't care less if players, coaches, or entire teams want to take a knee. I will support the athletes, coaches, and teams on the field and off and enjoy watching them perform for the teams I follow.

Any UND Football player takes a knee and it's over for me.  It's all going to hell anyway, you'll see shortly that players are 'paid' now in CA and any player can transfer at anytime because of a perceived social injustice.  It will be sickening to watch things go down the tubes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

This is a proposed realignment for FBS according to a Sports Illustrated opinion writer. Anyone notice something a little "off" 

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment

conferenceoutlook.thumb.jpg.68c3a152d807fa44e553d0885a2a7b7c.jpg

1st off, the Yankee Conference will be offensive to someone and will have to be named after a bird. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

1st off, the Yankee Conference will be offensive to someone and will have to be named after a bird. 

I think the Great Midwest Conference is offensive to some (many?/most?) at UND 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, northernraider said:

This is a proposed realignment for FBS according to a Sports Illustrated opinion writer. Anyone notice something a little "off" 

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment

conferenceoutlook.thumb.jpg.68c3a152d807fa44e553d0885a2a7b7c.jpg

Fans chanting Sun Belt, Sun Belt, Sun Belt instead of SEC, SEC, SEC would take some getting used to.

Maybe they would go with SBC, SBC, SBC?

Oh, and did I miss James Madison?

On 6/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol remember when LeBron got butthurt about the Rockets GM supporting Hong Kong?

This is a genuinely stupid idea to allow them to make political statements on the court/field. If they don't want to show up to work and do their jobs then they are only hurting themselves. 

Well the NBA and NFL are considering promoting Marxism on their courts and turf...so there is that.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Patriot League just announced no Fall Sports. 

Will consider holding them in the Spring. 

So if nobody else holds until the spring, I guess they just play themselves......no post season....and call it a season. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

It looks like most of the G5’s are trying for a full conf and non-conf season. Even if the MVFC cancels, I can see NDSU trying to put an FBS schedule together for one year.

If the MVFC cancels the season the more likely scenario is Trey transfers and takes this year off anyways. If he is a first pick in the draft like the lapdogs say then there are probably a ton of P5 teams that want him.

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Meltdown central down south on I29! There really isn’t a thing special outside of their one team. It will be a nice fall not having to listen to the bandwagoners! Hopefully they don’t lose too much sleep wondering if Trey decides to Transfer.......

Unless they changed the transfer rules for this year he won’t be able to play this year anyway. He has not graduated. He will play the fall games, if they can schedule any, and if the scouts tell him he is a top 10 pick in the draft he will skip spring and prepare for the draft.

There is no reason for him to transfer. Scouts like the offense he plays in. 

6 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Unless they changed the transfer rules for this year he won’t be able to play this year anyway. He has not graduated. He will play the fall games, if they can schedule any, and if the scouts tell him he is a top 10 pick in the draft he will skip spring and prepare for the draft.

There is no reason for him to transfer. Scouts like the offense he plays in. 

I don’t think he would transfer for this year but if it’s a wasted season why not take it off and transfer or I guess get ready for draft, but outside of the Bison lap dogs is there anyone who thinks he is a first round pick? 

1 minute ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think he would transfer for this year but if it’s a wasted season why not take it off and transfer or I guess get ready for draft, but outside of the Bison lap dogs is there anyone who thinks he is a first round pick? 

they are saying not only first round.....but first pick!