SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

So I thought NDSU was big time college football?????? How come I couldn’t get this game on national tv? Wasn’t going to start an ESPN + subscription when the UND season doesn’t start until Feb.... 

maybe it’s good for Trey that wasn’t nationally televised ...... does he stay or does he go now?

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

16 starts against FCS competition, not one FBS game to see how he plays against the highest skill level. He may have the measurables but can he play against the best remains to be seen.

Of course. That's what makes the NFL draft a crapshoot. All of the potential draftees, regardless of the level they played at in college, have zero starts against NFL competition.

BTW - Trey didn't really play badly today anyway.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

WRONG.
Or get overly-very-extremely lucky.
A  team (that would like him) could trade up like foolish Philly did for that kid from Bismarck a few years ago? 

Yeah he's a bust.  You're an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

"Showcase Game"....talk about your all time backfires.

We've been on different sides of the coin with the should UND have played this Fall along with NDSU scheduling this one game. I'll admit that after the fact, this was not a net gain for NDSU. Far from it really. I do think there's a positive psychological value of getting up for (even if it's one) game. Extra practice / game reps. Break up a "never-ending offseason". Those were always a constant though. My expectations when they scheduled the game were most likely far fetched (Expected them to parlay into more than one Game / Thought there was a National TV audience chance). Neither of those happened. The biggest backfire though was not being able to have fans (outside of parents). That single-handily made the event not worth it. Far from crippling, more of a minor speed bump, but still losing $ on this event hurts. 

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

Haters gonna hate just because he’s a former Bison. You’d think a guy from North Dakota playing in the NFL would get support from the natives but it doesn’t work that way. He and a few others will continue to bash as this is going to be a long season with injuries piling up once again. Being he’s family I will support him until he hangs up his helmet and there are plenty of others who will do the same. With that said despite all the injuries he needs to be better no doubt 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Haters gonna hate just because he’s a former Bison. You’d think a guy from North Dakota playing in the NFL would get support from the natives but it doesn’t work that way. He and a few others will continue to bash as this is going to be a long season with injuries piling up once again. Being he’s family I will support him until he hangs up his helmet and there are plenty of others who will do the same. With that said despite all the injuries he needs to be better no doubt 

If I recall the stumbling herd faithful couldn’t stand Jimmy K playing. 

also from chicago. 
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/platform/amp/2020/10/3/21500396/chicago-bears-2021-nfl-draft-potential-target-trey-lance-lone-2020-game-video-breakdown

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

also from chicago. 
https://www.windycitygridiron.com/platform/amp/2020/10/3/21500396/chicago-bears-2021-nfl-draft-potential-target-trey-lance-lone-2020-game-video-breakdown

Yep. It is what it is. Everyone is different. I’ll support any athlete from North Dakota who makes it big time 

39 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

As a North Dakotan, I am happy for Carson. Very likable guy and the person you'd want representing our state on the NFL stage. He's also an outdoorsman. Very cool. 

• Upvote 4

I’m a huge fan of Carson Wentz and I think this is just a little bump in the road. We know he can play better and he will get back there. Question is if Philly is patient enough.

Carson is one of the best role models in the NFL and is a great representative of the sport of football and the hunting community. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I’m a huge fan of Carson Wentz and I think this is just a little bump in the road. We know he can play better and he will get back there. Question is if Philly is patient enough.

Carson is one of the best role models in the NFL and is a great representative of the sport of football and the hunting community. 

He’s missing:

WR1
WR2
WR3
WR4 is Doubtful
RG1
LG1
TE2
LT1
LT2 is questionable.

23 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

He’s missing:

WR1
WR2
WR3
WR4 is Doubtful
RG1
LG1
TE2
LT1
LT2 is questionable.

You forgot the part about how some of these players are out with “vagina pulls“ ...etc. IALTO.  Oh and how The Eags need to trade him to the Vikes ASAP and the Vikes need to get Bohl on board to be his QB whisperer.  Holy snikeys, never thought I’d say that Bozoville is turning into a bigger excuse factory than a UND FB Game thread.  I say that last part with much love in my heart. 

35 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

He’s missing:

WR1
WR2
WR3
WR4 is Doubtful
RG1
LG1
TE2
LT1
LT2 is questionable.

This is amazing. Any Qb would find this hard to overcome. Maybe why he is pressing and forcing. He does seem to be off target making questionable decisions more often.

I wish Carson well

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

He’s missing:

WR1
WR2
WR3
WR4 is Doubtful
RG1
LG1
TE2
LT1
LT2 is questionable.

Have they been out all year?  Didn’t realize their offense was that injured every game this year.  I thought I played against Goedert in fantasy this year.  Is he their 3rd TE

1 hour ago, homer said:

Have they been out all year?  Didn’t realize their offense was that injured every game this year.  I thought I played against Goedert in fantasy this year.  Is he their 3rd TE

Goedert fractured his ankle last game. He’s tightend number 2 

7 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Again, there's no reason to post obviously untrue nonsense. NDSU fans who also happened to be Viking fans generally supported Jimmy K during his NFL career, those that weren't generally didn't.  

I'm sure that more UND fans would support Wentz now if he were playing for the Vikings instead of the Eagles.

5 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

He’s missing:

WR1
WR2
WR3
WR4 is Doubtful
RG1
LG1
TE2
LT1
LT2 is questionable.

When things are going well for the team as a whole, the QB gets too much credit. When things aren't going well, the QB gets too much blame. That's what's playing out now in Philadelphia.

12 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

WRONG.
Or get overly-very-extremely lucky.
A  team (that would like him) could trade up like foolish Philly did for that kid from Bismarck a few years ago? 

I think Lance will be far better than Wentz.   At least Lance can play without getting hurt and Lance clearly has more talent than Wentz

12 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Never said that, what I did say way back just prior to his draft is that he was way over rated. On your 2nd part - you chose NDSU.
If Carson was a Viking, I would cheer him on and he would add to the diappointments of MN's season ending charges.

4 hours ago, Hawkster said:

No, but then Wentz was picked way too high.

Right, he was drafted way too high. That's why the Eagles signed him to a $128m contract after seeing him play for three years. Money talks...and Carson Wentz has probably already made more money playing football than all the UND football players in history combined. By the end of his contract, he certainly will have.