SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Police getting shot and killed by thugs and criminals? Yup.....we will agree on that one.

Oh trust me I think Bubba should make a statement this spring. Wear officer Holte stickers in support of the fallen blue , but also make a statement about equality at the same time to show this country that it is ok to support both causes because that is truly human decency! Divided we fall...

2 hours ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

Thank you, but I have done plenty of research. I consider myself mindful and open-minded. So I appreciate your opinions and I hope you could consider to do the same to mine. 

Your opinions suck because you obviously are blind to the truth put right in front of you. Can’t make it any easier for you...

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Oh trust me I think Bubba should make a statement this spring. Wear officer Holte stickers in support of the fallen blue , but also make a statement about equality at the same time to show this country that it is ok to support both causes because that is truly human decency! Divided we fall...

That’s a slippery slope and I think it best to not allow student athletes to even go down this road.

1 hour ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

If someone were to ever use Wikipedia to quote or summarize in college they would be a laughing stock by their peers and professors. 

This is actually not true at all. Wikipedia is a very reliable source for legit science as usually only the pros post and update and fraudulent posts are removed more quickly than in the past.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Just heard from reliable source that 3 prominent Fargo companies with ties to Teammakers let them know they are in talks together about pulling their financial support......total loss from the 3 would be well north of $100K.

Not surprised. I know about 10 who will not be donating what they did in the past.

I don't think I am wrong. Actually I know I'm not wrong. If you don't agree with treating everyone as equal what does that make a person?

You are wrong.  Uninformed as well.

• Upvote 3

If someone were to ever use Wikipedia to quote or summarize in college they would be a laughing stock by their peers and professors. 

I used Wikipedia regularly in college to find sources on topics. The more "common" the thing you are looking up, the more likely it is to have plenty of good sources in the footnotes.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

But social justice and inequality are not a political issue. It’s human decency we all should have....

You see, this is what causes like BLM/Antifa etc do.

You find a snappy name that everyone can get behind, and you use the name as a shield against criticism. Black Lives Matter? Great! Anti-fascists? Great!

Its similar to what Congressmen do when they name their bills. You give it a name that sounds like everyone could get behind it, and then those folks will write letters demanding an answer why their congressman voted against it, "HOW COULD YOU NOT SUPPORT THE ANTI-RACISM BILL?" Well the reason he voted against the Bill might have something to do with the provisions in the bill that had nothing to do with racism.

a9a.jpg

Once people see the goals/objectives of BLM they are much less likely to be supportive of the cause, because that cause is pretty unpalatable to a lot of people and has very little to do with police brutality or equality or whatever. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am glad we won’t have to face Lance. Trouble is, for all I know, they have a better one coming up.

Zeb will do until the Omaha kid gets to Fargo. He is blowing up this year and will probably get some FBS offers, but I would bet he will stay with his commitment. Zeb has a really strong and accurate arm, just not nearly as athletic as Lance. He has NFL aspirations too. 

On 10/5/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bison Dan said:

You really don't know much about FB do you.    Having 6 guys blocking 7-8  isn't easy.  Missouri state with a new coach looked  better, you better not over look them.  

Be interesting to see how quick Bobby P. can get them competitive in the MVFC. 

30 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Zeb will do until the Omaha kid gets to Fargo. He is blowing up this year and will probably get some FBS offers, but I would bet he will stay with his commitment. Zeb has a really strong and accurate arm, just not nearly as athletic as Lance. He has NFL aspirations too. 

I hate to stay on an actual football topic, this thread has been fun!!

But....how fast/slow is Zeb?

It seems the dynamics change without the "go to" QB run in the SU offense.

Thanks for the insight.

NDSU's combination of high end starters and incredible depth has had them on a different level than every other FCS team not named James Madison for years. Looking strictly offensively, having your 1st Round / All-American LT & QB both opt out of Spring Football is such a huge blow. It's outrageous really. Depth Depth Depth, so as the roster stands now, they'll be fine offensively, but I do think this might be one of the 1st years where potential depth issues might arise if the injury bug hits certain positions. 

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Morning paper says Trey Lance officially announced he is forgoing his 2 final years at NDSU and will enter the draft...spring ball out. He will prepare for the draft.

Smart move by him. That's generational wealth that he would be potentially leaving on the table if he returned and got injured.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Smart move by him. That's generational wealth that he would be potentially leaving on the table if he returned and got injured.

College will always be there.  Get drafted, get paid and hopefully have a long career.  Good for him.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He’s a pretty bright kid so it wouldn’t surprise me if he is close to graduating already. 

Bright??  I heard he had ANTIFA and the names of a bunch of felons on his shoes.  Doesn't sound too bright.

Just now, gundy1124 said:

Bright??  I heard he had ANTIFA and the names of a bunch of felons on his shoes.  Doesn't sound too bright.

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. You may disagree with his political stance, but it's lazy and destructive if we always assume an opposing viewpoint is as a result of lack of intelligence. Seek to understand before trying to be understood, a really smart man said that about 2000 years ago.

46 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. You may disagree with his political stance, but it's lazy and destructive if we always assume an opposing viewpoint is as a result of lack of intelligence. Seek to understand before trying to be understood, a really smart man said that about 2000 years ago.

However, ANTIFA is a pretty well known commodity at this point. Supporting anti free speech thugs who beat up people with bike locks is really poor form. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

However, ANTIFA is a pretty well known commodity at this point. Supporting anti free speech thugs who beat up people with bike locks is really poor form. 

I never said I agree with him, in fact, I vehemently disagree with him. I'm just saying him holding a view that I find incorrect doesn't make him unintelligent as was suggested. Uninformed or misinformed? Sure.