SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

20 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Who said anything about being ok with what anyone said.  Was trying to be helpful and let DMKsioux know he no longer has to live in the wreakage of the future.  The furure has happened, the hockey program has been compromised.  DMK does not need to wait to stop supporting UND.  He can now send his Jefferson to the cult of his choie.

I wasn’t aware of any games played by the hockey team yet.  

Everyone needs to chill out.  I'm against kneeling, but if Trump/conservatives/Fox didn't make it such a big issue and keep bringing it up whenever it happens, it wouldn't get the media attention that it currently does, and athletes would stop doing it, or at least we would hear about it less.  Kind of like when trolls on a message board are ignored - if they don't incite a reaction, they will stop doing it.  And in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that big of a deal.  Can we get back to football?

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

... didn't make it such a big issue and keep bringing it up whenever it happens, it wouldn't get the media attention that it currently does, and athletes would stop doing it, ... - if they don't incite a reaction, they will stop doing it.  

True.
You must be a parent. ;) 

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m saying If you’re ok with athletes making any political statements, you have to be ok with a player making an extreme political statement that you would disagree with.

Pro-choice? Would you be ok with an athlete putting a pro life message on his uniform?

Anti 2nd amendment? Would you be ok with a student athlete putting an NRA sticker on his helmet.

Its a pretty easy statement to understand. Either all political statements are ok for student athletes to make or none of them are. Which is it for you?

Which is it for you?  i don't GAF.  Just didn't know why you needed to equate supporting China (why would any athlete do that?) to supporting the equal rights of black people in America.  

Just now, UND1983 said:

Which is it for you?  i don't GAF.  Just didn't know why you needed to equate supporting China (why would any athlete do that?) to supporting the equal rights of black people in America.  

You are unbelievably dense. 

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Unbelievably?  Like no chance at all, bro?

Why even comment if you’re purposely derailing a perfectly civil and easy to understand discussion? What do you get out of that? I little giggle to yourself?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I disagree with the word childish here. Too complex an issue to just write it off as that.

I know but I am a loss of words on how to describe what is ok with some and very offensive to others.... really a needless fight.....

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

... on his own time.

I'm all for that. 

Exactly what I said in the original post.  Do it on your own time.  You start wearing BLM (a marxist organization) on your shoes during a game or protesting by kneeling for the national anthem, put out a promo video for BLM, I lose interest.  

We already have a thread devoted to this so hopefully we get back on topic.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

That’s not the complex issue. 

i thought we were talking about whether or not the team should be out on the field for the playing of the national anthem and if they are that all of them should stand at attention?

and the answers are yes to the first and hell yes to the second.

• Upvote 2

Well... I think the players have every right to kneel if they please. Just like we have every right not to support und athletics if they support it. I don't think any of us have the right to tell young men what they can and cannot support. The matter of BLM is people wanting to be treated equal not to be more powerful than others, by no means is it a political movement. And if you think it is...yikes. I have the utmost respect for our military but I also have respect for people willing to fight for what is right. Sometimes we have to put ourselves in others shoes. And open our minds to different opinions and outlooks. 

15 minutes ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

Well... I think the players have every right to kneel if they please. Just like we have every right not to support und athletics if they support it. I don't think any of us have the right to tell young men what they can and cannot support. The matter of BLM is people wanting to be treated equal not to be more powerful than others, by no means is it a political movement. And if you think it is...yikes. I have the utmost respect for our military but I also have respect for people willing to fight for what is right. Sometimes we have to put ourselves in others shoes. And open our minds to different opinions and outlooks. 

you sure about that?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

On their own time and their own dime, support whatever cause they want to support.  Taking advantage of a platform, provided them by taxpayers/donors (scholarship/venue/etc), who don't always support the same beliefs, is not ok. 

That's the difference.  They can be a social justice warrior, get the Herald to print stories about their causes, whatever. 

Come Saturday, play the darn game, that's it.  

Does it matter whose time it is on when they are using the program’s platform to further their agenda?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

On their own time and their own dime, support whatever cause they want to support.  Taking advantage of a platform, provided them by taxpayers/donors (scholarship/venue/etc), who don't always support the same beliefs, is not ok. 

That's the difference.  They can be a social justice warrior, get the Herald to print stories about their causes, whatever. 

Come Saturday, play the darn game, that's it.  

Trump campaign seems to be short of cash.

Send your Jefferson to his campaign.

• Upvote 1