SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

Well... I think the players have every right to kneel if they please. Just like we have every right not to support und athletics if they support it. I don't think any of us have the right to tell young men what they can and cannot support. The matter of BLM is people wanting to be treated equal not to be more powerful than others, by no means is it a political movement. And if you think it is...yikes. I have the utmost respect for our military but I also have respect for people willing to fight for what is right. Sometimes we have to put ourselves in others shoes. And open our minds to different opinions and outlooks. 

Word behind the scenes is the donor situation is much worse than has previously been posted on this board. NDSU is losing some major money over this. "Good riddance" they'll say, until NDSU has to start dropping sports and pulling scholarships of student athletes because they can't fund them.

This would be a problem at every major institution in the country, you can't allow NDSU football or any other athlete to make political statements, whether you agree or disagree. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Word behind the scenes is the donor situation is much worse than has previously been posted on this board. NDSU is losing some major money over this. "Good riddance" they'll say, until NDSU has to start dropping sports and pulling scholarships of student athletes because they can't fund them.

This would be a problem at every major institution in the country, you can't allow NDSU football or any other athlete to make political statements, whether you agree or disagree. 

Any word on what businesses are pulling their support?

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Bingo........UND better handle this better if it somehow wants to pop up this spring.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yup.......but it's irrelevant to the bigger picture.  

Publishing the company's names here just will feed into the "they are racist" narrative.

I'll be putting my local financial  support  more to these businesses moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Until it goes public, I'll have to keep it to myself, but it's the big names you would think of when you think of large NDSU donors from what I've heard.

Just now, Bison06 said:

Until it goes public, I'll have to keep it to myself, but it's the big names you would think of when you think of large NDSU donors from what I've heard.

Got to know the room you're trying to convey a message to and NDSU gets a big fat "F" on this one.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Got to know the room you're trying to convey a message to and NDSU gets a big fat "F" on this one.

When you are stuck in an echo chamber you assume the whole world agrees with your message and are emboldened to speak out without consequence. NDSU is learning pretty quickly that the people who pay their bills don't want that message conveyed on their dollar.

I support many parts of the message that Mr. Lance and others are speaking up about, I disagree with other parts, but that doesn't matter. I don't think it's appropriate to make political statements as an NDSU student athlete and apparently I'm not alone. I would be just as adamant about not wanting them to speak about it on NDSU time if it was a message I fully supported.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

do a google search and try to donate some money and see where that link goes......

haha, where do you think the donations go?! Black Lives Matter is not a political movement. Why don't you do some research to better your understanding of basic human rights and equality... that's what it is. 

Just now, SiouxForeverandEver said:

haha, where do you think the donations go?! Black Lives Matter is not a political movement. Why don't you do some research to better your understanding of basic human rights and equality... that's what it is. 

soooo you didn't see where the money goes?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxForeverandEver said:

sigh...BLM means two things.

One is a phrase that everybody agrees with, if you don't then you are a racist fool.

Two, it is absolutely a political movement with stated goals that include EQUITY, not equality and "disrupting the nuclear family" and supporting the 1619 project. All of which are highly debatable topics.

Just now, Bison06 said:

sigh...BLM means two things.

One is a phrase that everybody agrees with, if you don't then you are a racist fool.

Two, it is absolutely a political movement with stated goals that include EQUITY, not equality and "disrupting the nuclear family" and supporting the 1619 project. All of which are highly debatable topics.

Well if you believe it is a political movement I suppose that is your opinion. I believe the name itself spells out what it stands for... Equality not equity. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

Well if you believe it is a political movement I suppose that is your opinion. I believe the name itself spells out what it stands for... Equality not equity. 

You'd be wrong if you think the organized group BLM is simply about the phrase Black Lives Matter. When you think about it, it's actually an incredibly clever name to call a group. Disagreeing with their stated views immediately paints someone as a racist. 

Check out where Act Blue leans politically.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

You'd be wrong if you think the organized group BLM is simply about the phrase Black Lives Matter. When you think about it, it's actually an incredibly clever name to call a group. Disagreeing with their stated views immediately paints someone as a racist. 

I don't think I am wrong. Actually I know I'm not wrong. If you don't agree with treating everyone as equal what does that make a person?

2 minutes ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

I believe donations given to the movement are given back to the black community. Do you disagree?

Somewhere in Moorhead Faith Shields-Dixon is laughing uncontrollably at that statement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

I don't think I am wrong. Actually I know I'm not wrong. If you don't agree with treating everyone as equal what does that make a person?

Are you incapable of understanding what I posted above or just purposely ignoring it?

BLM means two things.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

I believe donations given to the movement are given back to the black community. Do you disagree?

This is the most 2020 statement ever. Facts aren't debatable or able to be disagreed with. BLM money goes through ActBlue Charities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActBlue#:~:text=ActBlue is a nonprofit technology,empower small-dollar donors".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

This is the most 2020 statement ever. Facts aren't debatable or able to be disagreed with. BLM money goes through ActBlue Charities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActBlue#:~:text=ActBlue is a nonprofit technology,empower small-dollar donors".

Wikipedia??? Never learned your reliable sources in high school huh

• Downvote 1