SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 FB Attendance

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The plans that UND put together with the Betty, REA and the Alerus Center all take into account making sure that "groups" are at least 6 feet apart in all directions. There is not a way to accomplish what the CDC recommends as appropriate social distancing and also be at 50% capacity. The logistics don't work. This isn't commentary on any of the political portions of why/what they are doing, that is just the reasoning behind how the determinations were made.

I remain confused how NDSU seems to be making up their own rules for capacity as the ND Smart Restart plans allows for up to 75% Max Occupancy or 7,500 attendees, whichever is fewer for a Tier 1 Events (which football games at the Fargodome are specifically mentioned) under the Green/Low Risk Level.

could someone at the heraldo maybe ask about the "ndac rule"?....i'm sure schloss would love to accuse burgum of having blood on his hands...."how dare you."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

The plans that UND put together with the Betty, REA and the Alerus Center all take into account making sure that "groups" are at least 6 feet apart in all directions. There is not a way to accomplish what the CDC recommends as appropriate social distancing and also be at 50% capacity. The logistics don't work. This isn't commentary on any of the political portions of why/what they are doing, that is just the reasoning behind how the determinations were made.

I remain confused how NDSU seems to be making up their own rules for capacity as the ND Smart Restart plans allows for up to 75% Max Occupancy or 7,500 attendees, whichever is fewer for a Tier 1 Events (which football games at the Fargodome are specifically mentioned) under the Green/Low Risk Level.

They always do whether it's Title 9, Ben Newman and his amazing speeches (supplements), Best Buy cover-ups, or seating capacity.  It's called the will to win and frankly we should learn from it.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

They always do whether it's Title 9, Ben Newman and his amazing speeches (supplements), Best Buy cover-ups, or seating capacity.  It's called the will to win and frankly we should learn from it.

100%.

Their AD mentioned earlier that for them to break even (I'm not sure exactly what term he used), they needed around 10K in the seats for Football games this Spring. That's what they are going to get. 

As a UND fan it was one of the hardest pills I've had to swallow, but a few years ago I finally came to terms that the two Universities just don't seem to have the same mindset. It's incredibly frustrating, but it just is. Just another example. 

12 minutes ago, AJS said:

100%.

Their AD mentioned earlier that for them to break even (I'm not sure exactly what term he used), they needed around 10K in the seats for Football games this Spring. That's what they are going to get. 

As a UND fan it was one of the hardest pills I've had to swallow, but a few years ago I finally came to terms that the two Universities just don't seem to have the same mindset. It's incredibly frustrating, but it just is. Just another example. 

Why?  Because SU has fans that want to go to their games and get full houses.  Do you really think you could draw more than 4000?  Hasn't worked so well for the Ralph.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison Dan said:

Why?  Because SU has fans that want to go to their games and get full houses.  Do you really think you could draw more than 4000?  Hasn't worked so well for the Ralph.

That's pretty interesting theory considering the amount of tickets that were still available for the NDSU/UCA game this fall before they pulled the plug with saving face as part of the reasoning.

40 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

They always do whether it's Title 9, Ben Newman and his amazing speeches (supplements), Best Buy cover-ups, or seating capacity. 

19 minutes ago, AJS said:

I don't really disagree with either of these, I just don't quite understand the constant ability to ignore guidelines with minimal blowblack. 

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

That's pretty interesting theory considering the amount of tickets that were still available for the NDSU/UCA game this fall before they pulled the plug with saving face as part of the reasoning.

I don't really disagree with either of these, I just don't quite understand the constant ability to ignore guidelines with minimal blowblack. 

LOL - if your AD thought FB could draw more than 4000 he'd be upping the capacity.

58 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

LOL - if your AD thought FB could draw more than 4000 he'd be upping the capacity.

I already explained why the UND related facilities have the capacity they do. But I noticed you didn't address why NDSU wasn't even close to selling out their fall "showcase" game at a significantly reduced capacity.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I already explained why the UND related facilities have the capacity they do. But I noticed you didn't address why NDSU wasn't even close to selling out their fall "showcase" game at a significantly reduced capacity.

Don't know maybe the pandemic?  How many years has it been since the Alerus had a full house?   Why did you cancel a  big money game at KS last fall?  KS did play that weekend. 

Truth is there aren’t many teams that can compete with what su has recently done in football. On the field success along with fan and admin support. 

That said, I enjoy my school and love UND football and UND sports. It has given me many years of fun. In the up times and down years.

and I like Busch light but don’t chew - yuck chewing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Truth is there aren’t many teams that can compete with what su has recently done in football. On the field success along with fan and admin support. 

That said, I enjoy my school and love UND football and UND sports. It has given me many years of fun. In the up times and down years.

and I like Busch light but don’t chew - yuck chewing

I have Busch Light in my fridge. It was an attempt to stoke the flames of a 127 yr old rivalry as we head into a season. Sarcasm, satire, smack, whatever. Didn't expect anyone to view it as an editorial. 

On 2/8/2021 at 2:53 PM, Bison Dan said:

A.) I think NDSU has had some fan enthusiasm concerns as well the past couple years.

B.) I ain't gonna dump on anyone for bad attendance this year. A big part of attending games in person is the atmosphere and energy. That isn't really attainable when capacity is substantially limited. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm sorry. Were they out of Old Milwaukee Light and Keystone Light? :huh:  :D  

Full disclosure: There's Grain Belt Nordeast in my garage fridge. 

Good man! When I drive up north I always stock up on Grainbelt. Last fall my dad said I looked like a bootlegger.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm sorry. Were they out of Old Milwaukee Light and Keystone Light? :huh:  :D  

Full disclosure: There's Grain Belt Nordeast in my garage fridge. 

After reading that post, now I know why I prefer Whiskey over beer. :) :)