SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 FB Attendance

Just now, TheFlop said:

See this is the flip side of the unwavering "just comply and be happy we are giving you something" attitude that exists.  You can force someone to wear a mask in a store.....or a stadium.....but you can't force someone to want to go to that store or stadium.  The price paid for a ticket absolutely comes into play.  Is it worth the hassle and decreased experience if you are paying $25 for a ticket?  Maybe.  Is it worth paying more for that "experience" than what you would have paid for a normal experience one year earlier?  Absolutely not.  This is where the common sense comes into play.  Yes enforce it in the concourse, lines, etc......but when people are already spaced out and sitting with people they know be smart enough to not hassle a family of 4 that paid $400 to watch a game about putting masks up in between bites. 

They already paid for the ticket, which means they agreed to comply with the rules that came with it which have been absolutely clear from the beginning. I'm not sure what line of thinking you have where you assume the venues can just change the plans that were OK'd and agreed upon after the fact just because. That's not how it works at all.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, jdub27 said:

They already paid for the ticket, which means they agreed to comply with the rules that came with it which have been absolutely clear from the beginning. I'm not sure what line of thinking you have where you assume the venues can just change the plans that were OK'd and agreed upon after the fact just because. That's not how it works at all.  

By obtaining a driver's license and driving on the roads in North Dakota you agree to follow the rules of the road......doesn't mean that officers pulling you over everytime you are only 1mph over the speed limit is necessary......or that it will result in roads that are significantly safer.  

So rules are rules and they must always be followed no matter what?

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You don't think things like that were discussed and proposed while they were literally putting together dozens of plans based on unknown factors? The current rules are what was agreed to get the most number of people into the events as they could and now they have to follow through on their end.

The mental gymnastics required to think the people in charge of the facilities (who by the way have giant holes in their budget) are trying to make things as difficult for fans as possible is truly amazing.

by the some of the posts on here describing the mask police...no i don't think there was much of a discussion.

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

By obtaining a driver's license and driving on the roads in North Dakota you agree to follow the rules of the road......doesn't mean that officers pulling you over everytime you are only 1mph over the speed limit is necessary......or that it will result in roads that are significantly safer.  

you beat me to it.....would people be happy if they automatically got a 100 dollar speeding ticket every time they went 26 in a 25mph zone?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Please provide the "absolutely clear" details of when it's appropriate to slide your mask down, under what circumstances and for how long is reasonable when at UND sporting event before one is reprimanded. I missed that part somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

This past weekend's series at the Ralph we had tickets in Sec 115. The usher in corridor between 115 and 116 must have been Schlossman's uncle. He came into our section on Friday no less than 8 times to tell groups of 2 or 4 individuals who were together and paid $80+ a pop to put masks up. A father and a 5-6 year old son were 6 rows below us. Not once but twice this Barney Fife a$$clown went down to those two which on the 2nd episode the dad got a little  heated. Hopefully he told the guy to F off. 

*Hopefully I used the word episode in its proper context for dagies 

Oh, I think you did this time.   When I asked about it last time I'm pretty sure the point flew right over your head.

36 minutes ago, dagies said:

Oh, I think you did this time.   When I asked about it last time I'm pretty sure the point flew right over your head.

It didn’t but I'm glad you pointed out my incorrect use of a word grammer wise. Must have been a slow day of moderating for you.....and if it's a really slow day feel free to wield that big stick on those with punctuation and spelling issues.

• Like 1

I would hope the usher's use common sense.  If a family is sitting together, with no one else within six feet, and they aren't receiving a complaint, they need to let it go.  I plan to go to the game, I will bring my mask and use when needed (ie going to the bathroom, consessions, etc).  Otherwise I will sip a drink throughout the game.  If there are people outside of my four tix, that are uncomfortable with that, I will work it out/Go sit somewhere else since it sounds like there will be plenty of options).  The usher's don't need to police unless they are getting complaints about it.  

Just now, dmksioux said:

I would hope the usher's use common sense.  If a family is sitting together, with no one else within six feet, and they aren't receiving a complaint, they need to let it go.  I plan to go to the game, I will bring my mask and use when needed (ie going to the bathroom, consessions, etc).  Otherwise I will sip a drink throughout the game.  If there are people outside of my four tix, that are uncomfortable with that, I will work it out/Go sit somewhere else since it sounds like there will be plenty of options).  The usher's don't need to police unless Schlossman complains about it.  

fixed

It reminds me of the ushers when the Ralph first opened and asked to see a ticket stub -- in the upper deck mind you!   My hands were full of concessions, so I put them on the ground, pulled out my ticket stub to show them, then told them if I was going to steal someone's seat, it would be in the lower deck.  Use some common sense is right. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

I didn't know speeding had the ability to spread to the car next to you or exponentially other cars on the road.
And what happens when you don't follow the rules of the road that you agreed to, even if it is for 1 mph over? There are consequences.
We're not talking about all rules, we're talking about what venues agreed upon, during a pandemic, in order to have the maximum amount of fans. Why don't you send Jody Hodgson an email and suggest they just use "a little common sense" and see what his response is. I'm sure he'd be happy to share what they've had to do to get to this point and why things are they way they are. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Please provide the "absolutely clear" details of when it's appropriate to slide your mask down, under what circumstances and for how long is reasonable when at UND sporting event before one is reprimanded. I missed that part somewhere. 

The details were released prior to tickets being sold, which you are completely aware of. But I guess you could get multiple tubs of Super Nachos and just eat constantly all game but try not to go all Karen on the usher when his definition of what is reasonable is different than yours. Because that's actually the real issue. I mean, kids figure it out all day in school, shouldn't be too hard for grown adults who can afford tickets that are $80+ a pop to comprehend how to get a handle on it even if they don't agree in principal.

• Upvote 1

Attended both men’s bb games this past weekend.  Removed my mask after walking thru the concourse and not one word was said to me.  Even sat down the row from the UND president who appears to be wearing 2 masks now... good lord.  Appears certain ushers are enforce things more than others . 

48 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I didn't know speeding had the ability to spread to the car next to you or exponentially other cars on the road.
And what happens when you don't follow the rules of the road that you agreed to, even if it is for 1 mph over? There are consequences.
We're not talking about all rules, we're talking about what venues agreed upon, during a pandemic, in order to have the maximum amount of fans. Why don't you send Jody Hodgson an email and suggest they just use "a little common sense" and see what his response is. I'm sure he'd be happy to share what they've had to do to get to this point and why things are they way they are. 

Now you are reaching.  Speeding has the opportunity to cause harm just like coming in close contact with someone carrying Covid-19.  The common sense part that you are struggling with is being able to recognize is that speeding 26 in a 25 has very minimal (if any) effect on the probably of serious injury.  However going 50 in a 25 is a different deal.  Similarly, standing shoulder to shoulder with 2000 people in the concourse isn't the best idea right now.......but a small group of 4 sitting with their mask down in a large arena spaced out from the next person offers minimal if any extra risk (much like speeding 26 in a 25).  

As for your continued obsession with "Ask Jody, Ask Jody"....frankly I don't care what he has to say on the topic.  At the end of the day I'm spending my money elsewhere until the product is back to normal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can I get the "absolutely clear" mask guidelines to pass along to the father who's night appeared to be ruined with his young son because of some overzealous usher about masks not once but twice.

He and his young son were seated with no one close to 6 feet of them. He's trying to enjoy a beer plus some food all the while trying to keep a young boy engaged for the evening. If anyone thinks he's coming back to any UND sports event this year......then tack on all his buddies he told about his experience.

• Upvote 2

On 2/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Still lots of tickets for next weekends game (and the other games as well).  So what is keeping people from buying tickets?  Is it the obvious answer of COVID and people not wanting to be in crowds?  The ticket price? The fact that the atmosphere will be pretty dead?  Just surprised that so many tickets still remain.

I signed up to watch the February games on Midco, it doesn't justify making the drive when there is no tailgating and there is still the risk of COVID. 

6 hours ago, ND1 said:

Attended both men’s bb games this past weekend.  Removed my mask after walking thru the concourse and not one word was said to me.  Even sat down the row from the UND president who appears to be wearing 2 masks now... good lord.  Appears certain ushers are enforce things more than others . 

Even Dan Hammer got a but chewing from the ushers for not wearing his mask! Nobody gets a pass 

I guess keep your beer to your lips and they can’t say anything!

Hopefully it's just me, but I'm seeing very little advertising or excitement for this game.  I hate to compare it to our friends from the south, but I'm seeing about one UND sports update to every 4 NDSU (not saying they should be equal).  Are there no local TV stations in GF anymore?  I don't care if you have to give tickets away, there should be no reason for not filling the 4000 capacity.  If football is a revenue sport for the University, in my mind they are getting a failing grade.

2 minutes ago, Riverhawk said:

Hopefully it's just me, but I'm seeing very little advertising or excitement for this game.  I hate to compare it to our friends from the south, but I'm seeing about one UND sports update to every 4 NDSU (not saying they should be equal).  Are there no local TV stations in GF anymore?  I don't care if you have to give tickets away, there should be no reason for not filling the 4000 capacity.  If football is a revenue sport for the University, in my mind they are getting a failing grade.

Tickets just went on sale for Bison games this morning at 8am.  Not exactly flying off the shelves.  Lots of tickets still available for the opener this weekend as well as the other games including NDSU and SDSU.  I wouldn't assume the lack of ticket sales equates to lack of interest for the program.  Just a really odd year in unprecedented circumstances.  

On 2/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, Oxbow6 said:

It didn’t but I'm glad you pointed out my incorrect use of a word grammer wise. Must have been a slow day of moderating for you.....and if it's a really slow day feel free to wield that big stick on those with punctuation and spelling issues.

the fact you think that was all about grammar and punctuation/spelling means you did miss the point.  I won't respond on this further to avoid sidetracking this thread about football attendance any further

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, dagies said:

the fact you think that was all about grammar and punctuation/spelling means you did miss the point.  I won't respond on this further to avoid sidetracking this thread about football attendance any further

We can carry this on via PM if you want.  Oh wait....nevermind.

• Like 1

When I still had FB season stubs I was at a game and we were literally the only people in the bottom four rows of a section. 

I crossed my leg (calf on knee) and had the side of my foot resting on the chair in front of me. The usher told me to get my feet off the seats. :huh:

This was after watching kids from other sections literally run on seat bottoms and over rows (and into me twice) for most of halftime. 

They lost a FB season ticket holder that day. 

• Upvote 1

I was at the Saturday (DU@UND) game. I saw my usher motion to one person about a mask. 

I don't blame REA. I don't shoot the messenger. 

I blame us for not asking, no DEMANDING, the folks making public policy, for REA and everywhere (meaning our public officials), for firm metrics and dates. 

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Why?

I want a full house of UND fans. 

• Upvote 1