SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 FB Attendance

37 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I was at the Saturday (DU@UND) game. I saw my usher motion to one person about a mask. 

I don't blame REA. I don't shoot the messenger. 

I blame us for not asking, no DEMANDING, the folks making public policy, for REA and everywhere (meaning our public officials), for firm metrics and dates. 

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Why?

I want a full house of UND fans. 

Couldn't agree more.
Anyone who thinks the people running the arenas that have been sitting empty (thus making zero money) are clamoring for less fans and making it as inconvenient for the ones they do get must be really listening to Fauci and have 4 masks on since it is clearly restricting airflow to their brain.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Couldn't agree more.
Anyone who thinks the people running the arenas that have been sitting empty (thus making zero money) are clamoring for less fans and making it as inconvenient for the ones they do get must be really listening to Fauci and have 4 masks on since it is clearly restricting airflow to their brain.

Psssst....we're done talking about masks now.....let it go.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Big Green said:

When was the last time before yesterday that football home attendance was greater than hockey home attendance?  I was pleasantly surprised as many fans turned out for football after seeing the struggles hockey has had.  

I've been a season Tix holder for hockey since 2006.  I wasn't one of the chosen ones to get my Tix for this year which bummed me out.  When the singles went on sale for the first hockey game at $100 a pop, it didn't take me long to say no thanks.  I have no interest in being gouged that bad by a program I have supported loyally for 25+ years.  For me, and probably many others, hockey is somewhat of a social event.  I go just as much for the environment as I do for the product on the ice.  I'm a fair weather hockey fan, one of many I suspect.  It wasn't worth it to me to spend $400 a night for my family to just get in the door, before concessions and all that.

I did get my seats for football and am thankful for it.  I don't know what single game seats are going for, but they'd have to be a small fortune for me to stay away.  

I think the for the most part, the majority of people that go to UND football games want to watch football.  The majority of people that go to UND hockey games treat it like a night club, and the game itself is secondary almost.  With all that has gone on the last year, people aren't necessarily ready to incur the expense of "clubbing" at the Ralph.  But it is more economical and relaxing to enjoy a good old football game at the Alerus.

My humble opinion anyways......

I do worry about attendance at football one, two, or three years from now.  Are we going to come back from this Covid crap?  10,000 in the Alerus has been a big deal during the DI era.  Can we get there again?  I hope so.  I will be one of them......

• Upvote 3

When was the last time before yesterday that football home attendance was greater than hockey home attendance?  I was pleasantly surprised as many fans turned out for football after seeing the struggles hockey has had.  

Just a guess, one reason could be more football season ticket holders got their tickets than hockey.

37 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I've been a season Tix holder for hockey since 2006.  I wasn't one of the chosen ones to get my Tix for this year which bummed me out.  When the singles went on sale for the first hockey game at $100 a pop, it didn't take me long to say no thanks.  I have no interest in being gouged that bad by a program I have supported loyally for 25+ years.  For me, and probably many others, hockey is somewhat of a social event.  I go just as much for the environment as I do for the product on the ice.  I'm a fair weather hockey fan, one of many I suspect.  It wasn't worth it to me to spend $400 a night for my family to just get in the door, before concessions and all that.

I did get my seats for football and am thankful for it.  I don't know what single game seats are going for, but they'd have to be a small fortune for me to stay away.  

I think the for the most part, the majority of people that go to UND football games want to watch football.  The majority of people that go to UND hockey games treat it like a night club, and the game itself is secondary almost.  With all that has gone on the last year, people aren't necessarily ready to incur the expense of "clubbing" at the Ralph.  But it is more economical and relaxing to enjoy a good old football game at the Alerus.

My humble opinion anyways......

I do worry about attendance at football one, two, or three years from now.  Are we going to come back from this Covid crap?  10,000 in the Alerus has been a big deal during the DI era.  Can we get there again?  I hope so.  I will be one of them......

Could not agree more about hockey games in a normal year..  You could go up to the bar areas during a game at REA and ask 100 people the score and I'd bet 60 percent wouldn't know. :lol:  

• Like 1

Maybe if the Ralph didn’t treat you like you were watching a game in North Korea they would have more fans .. they need to relax a bit over their !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, LH Golfer said:

Little off topic here, but will the pregame diversity, sorry if that term offends anyone, video be made available on this site?

No diversity measures on this site, just experts and non-experts.  I am in the expert category.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, ND1 said:

Maybe if the Ralph didn’t treat you like you were watching a game in North Korea they would have more fans .. they need to relax a bit over their !

Al > Betty > Ralph

Hockey averaging just over 2200 for 6 games.

Cleared my schedule  to make trip back to the AL Saturday. Had a blast last game. 

Been to all 6 home hockey games so far.....might be done of this year.

49 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

South Dakota will be at the Alerus Thursday, kickoff 5:00 PM

Anyone remember the Potato Bowl comeback in 2016.

47 - 44

I remember that game very well. We we’re getting asses handed to us, and earlier in the day the Bison had a huge win over Iowa(?).  It was a very low point in the day when when we losing bad and NDSU had already made football headlines. Had we not come back, I think we would have started the season 0-3, but instead it was first of nine straight wins. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dustin said:

I remember that game very well. We we’re getting asses handed to us, and earlier in the day the Bison had a huge win over Iowa(?).  It was a very low point in the day when when we losing bad and NDSU had already made football headlines. Had we not come back, I think we would have started the season 0-3, but instead it was first of nine straight wins. 

That team had guts. And some serious playmakers.