SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 FB Attendance

19 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm sorry. Were they out of Old Milwaukee Light and Keystone Light? :huh:  :D  

Full disclosure: There's Grain Belt Nordeast in my garage fridge. 

Nordeast is not good. 

Be better. Hold yourself accountable. 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I now consider bud and coors light to be a “premium” beer. I actually like the cheap beers mentioned here. 

I would say that both of those beers are way better than Busch and Keystone Light. 

21 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm sorry. Were they out of Old Milwaukee Light and Keystone Light? :huh:  :D  

Full disclosure: There's Grain Belt Nordeast in my garage fridge. 

At one point I was looking for a “new” beer... my doctor and a friend/chemical dependency counselor both recommended Nordeast... it is a good beer for the rare times I drink beer

Still lots of tickets for next weekends game (and the other games as well).  So what is keeping people from buying tickets?  Is it the obvious answer of COVID and people not wanting to be in crowds?  The ticket price? The fact that the atmosphere will be pretty dead?  Just surprised that so many tickets still remain.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Still lots of tickets for next weekends game (and the other games as well).  So what is keeping people from buying tickets?  Is it the obvious answer of COVID and people not wanting to be in crowds?  The ticket price? The fact that the atmosphere will be pretty dead?  Just surprised that so many tickets still remain.

I thought the same... UND marketing need to step up!!

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Probably a combination of all of those, and the fact that it is February and below zero.  I'm very glad there will be football next week and we are having a season, but it just feels odd.  I think there was an article last fall somewhere about how FCS should always play in the spring so they can be showcased.  Screw that, football is for the Fall, I wouldn't want this every year.  Hopefully all of the tickets will be spoken for though, come next Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

All of this, plus that fact you are going to need to wear a mask.  

On 2/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

"But Officer...I always eat my popcorn one-half kernel at a time."

Seriously, though.  Can we establish a pact with the camera/Jumbotron people not to out or shame the maskless?

On 2/12/2021 at 3:40 PM, ND1 said:

Much like the hockey and bb games, once seated no one cares if your wearing a mask. Very little enforcement 

This past weekend's series at the Ralph we had tickets in Sec 115. The usher in corridor between 115 and 116 must have been Schlossman's uncle. He came into our section on Friday no less than 8 times to tell groups of 2 or 4 individuals who were together and paid $80+ a pop to put masks up. A father and a 5-6 year old son were 6 rows below us. Not once but twice this Barney Fife a$$clown went down to those two which on the 2nd episode the dad got a little  heated. Hopefully he told the guy to F off. 

*Hopefully I used the word episode in its proper context for dagies 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This past weekend's series at the Ralph we had tickets in Sec 115. The usher in corridor between 115 and 116 must have been Schlossman's uncle. He came into our section on Friday no less than 8 times to tell groups of 2 or 4 individuals who were together and paid $80+ a pop to put masks up. A father and a 5-6 year old son were 6 rows below us. Not once but twice this Barney Fife a$$clown went down to those two which on the 2nd episode the dad got a little  heated. Hopefully he told the guy to F off. 

*Hopefully I used the word episode in its proper context for dagies 

With 3 seats between each pair of seats as well as an empty row in front and behind you, I would hope they "mask police" wouldn't get too bent out of shape if people aren't religiously wearing their mask correctly at all times.  But......of course that will likely not be the case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

A severely degraded experience is the reason.  No tailgating (it could be 35 and sunny pregame) and the real risk of mask police breathing down your neck.  Also, youth travel sports like basketball and hockey are in full swing which doesn't help since people have busy schedules.  Finally, the last part that people don't want to talk about is the total lack of buzz surrounding the program as they trot out old slow and steady Bubba for yet another season of guaranteed mediocrity.  

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Curious what the ticket price has to do with anything? Are you immune from possibly spreading Covid if you paid a certain amount for tickets? Or you should just get special privileges because you have a 1099 that look like gfhockey's?

If you don't want to wear a mask, don't go. It is literally as simple as that and it has nothing to do with whether you agree with it in principal or not. Is it incovenient? Absolutely, but nowhere near as inconvenient as the amount of work that UND and the REA (plus the Betty and Alerus) put into being able to have the amount of fans that they currently can, which was a mind-numbingly ridiculous amount just so they put something towards the giant holes in their budgets. A huge part of the deal was people had to agree to wear masks. Somehow people blowing a gasket because the workers (who are literally just doing what they are required to in order to keep their part-time jobs) are actually enforcing it, because again, they have to. That's up there with yelling at the grocery store worker who asks you to put a mask on. Somehow kids can sit in school all day, 5 days a week wearing a mask but a couple hours to enjoy a sporting event is just too much for some people.

how about some common sense or old fashioned middle ground....in your seats your free to not wear your dirty ass face diaper...if you use common areas...concessions...bathrooms you put it on...kinda like at the gym.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Curious what the ticket price has to do with anything? Are you immune from possibly spreading Covid if you paid a certain amount for tickets? Or you should just get special privileges because you have a 1099 that look like gfhockey's?

If you don't want to wear a mask, don't go. It is literally as simple as that and it has nothing to do with whether you agree with it in principal or not. Is it incovenient? Absolutely, but nowhere near as inconvenient as the amount of work that UND and the REA (plus the Betty and Alerus) put into being able to have the amount of fans that they currently can, which was a mind-numbingly ridiculous amount just so they put something towards the giant holes in their budgets. A huge part of the deal was people had to agree to wear masks. Somehow people blowing a gasket because the workers (who are literally just doing what they are required to in order to keep their part-time jobs) are actually enforcing it, because again, they have to. That's up there with yelling at the grocery store worker who asks you to put a mask on. Somehow kids can sit in school all day, 5 days a week wearing a mask but a couple hours to enjoy a sporting event is just too much for some people.

Not wanting to wear a mask? Where'd that come from? Having someone watching fans as to how long their masks were down between bites of food or drinks of a beverage then deciding to be the mask police is exactly what happened. No one I saw had their masks off as you suggest. What I witness this past weekend by some wannabe enforcer was embarrassing. He was coming my way once until I held up an almond and put it in my mouth but if you think that's what fans want to pay for you can easily explain why there were hundreds of unsold tickets  both nights.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how about some common sense or old fashioned middle ground....in your seats your free to not wear your dirty ass face diaper...if you use common areas...concessions...bathrooms you put it on...kinda like at the gym.

#theyhaveto

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

You don't think things like that were discussed and proposed while they were literally putting together dozens of plans based on unknown factors? The current rules are what was agreed to get the most number of people into the events as they could and now they have to follow through on their end.

The mental gymnastics required to think the people in charge of the facilities (who by the way have giant holes in their budget) are trying to make things as difficult for fans as possible is truly amazing.

• Upvote 1