SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 FB Attendance

Time to start this thread.  SiouxFan100 had this thread started 6 months earlier last season. The MVFC comes to UND to play Football!

Purchased my season tickets (same as last year - section 215), haven't heard much.
Hopefully there will be fans in the stands, including students in class and in their student section. 
Corona could still have it's say this fall, but hoping for increased attendance over last year. Total attendance slipped some last year from the previous year.
Reserved seats now include sections 214 and 213, some great opportunities here for excited fans.

• Upvote 1

I'd say attendance would definitely be up this year with us being in the MVFC and more season tickets available in good spots.  However with the Covid situation....I'd say almost for sure will be lower than last year.....possibly significantly lower.  I guess we'll see what the world is like come September.  

• 3 months later...
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 FB Attendance

North Dakota and Alerus Center developed these game day procedures and worked with university, local and state officials as well as the NCAA guidelines to mitigate risk for attendees, student athletes and staff.
https://knoxradio.com/2021/02/05/und-home-football-attendance-will-be-limited-to-4000/

40 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Masks be required.

Season ticket holders who requested should get tickets in the mail soon.

If available, additional tickets will go on sale at 10 AM on Tuesday.

No tailgating.

1st home game is Feb. 20th - Southern Illinois.

As long as your in your seat drinking , no masks needed !!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

Fargodome is at 50% capacity

Alerus is at 32% capacity

Explain the science behind that decision?  I just hope that they don't overprice the tickets like the Ralph so we don't even reach the 4,000.

I can explain that science.... check out MN and the COVID response...10 people can worship in a church. That is the little country church AND the Cathedral of St. Paul.

If we can’t finally see a home game in the Alerus, is there such a thing as an over priced ticket?

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

I can explain that science.... check out MN and the COVID response...10 people can worship in a church. That is the little country church AND the Cathedral of St. Paul.

If we can’t finally see a home game in the Alerus, is there such a thing as an over priced ticket?

I have to dress outside if I want to play in my mens league hockey game tonight.  But Wal-Mart.... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

5 hours ago, Riverhawk said:

Explain the science behind that decision?  I just hope that they don't overprice the tickets like the Ralph so we don't even reach the 4,000.

Because the GF county health officer and deb Swanson from public health run this city to include UND and GF public schools.  We are the California of ND! 

On 2/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Masks be required.

Season ticket holders who requested should get tickets in the mail soon.

If available, additional tickets will go on sale at 10 AM on Tuesday.

No tailgating.

1st home game is Feb. 20th - Southern Illinois.

I'm out then on the mask wearing, so phony that most think these "giant" virus molecules get caught in these masks that 99% of the time are not worn correctly, wrong material, and are taken down to eat/drink.  Messaging Alerus right now!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I'm out then on the mask wearing, so phony that most think these "giant" virus molecules get caught in these masks that 99% of the time are not worn correctly, wrong material, and are taken down to eat/drink.  Messaging Alerus right now!!

Just have a beer or beverage/snack in hand so whenever they question you,  you are good to go.  In watching games at the Betty on tv, there are quite a few fans who are not wearing their mask.  I'd hope the Al handles it similarly.

• Upvote 2

On 2/6/2021 at 3:30 PM, ND1 said:

Because the GF county health officer and deb Swanson from public health run this city to include UND and GF public schools.  We are the California of ND! 

On 2/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, Riverhawk said:

Explain the science behind that decision?  

The plans that UND put together with the Betty, REA and the Alerus Center all take into account making sure that "groups" are at least 6 feet apart in all directions. There is not a way to accomplish what the CDC recommends as appropriate social distancing and also be at 50% capacity. The logistics don't work. This isn't commentary on any of the political portions of why/what they are doing, that is just the reasoning behind how the determinations were made.

I remain confused how NDSU seems to be making up their own rules for capacity as the ND Smart Restart plans allows for up to 75% Max Occupancy or 7,500 attendees, whichever is fewer for a Tier 1 Events (which football games at the Fargodome are specifically mentioned) under the Green/Low Risk Level.

• Upvote 1