SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

44 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

It was encouraging to see him back out on the ice right away, although he looked like he was in pain and was only out there for a few seconds.

Yeah, that was the one thing last year that we didn't have to deal with too much; players sitting out with injuries.

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

There is going to be a big push to give two auto bids to each conference.

19 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Don't know how you can justify that for the AHA or 4-team ECAC.

I am fine with the regular season champion and tournament champion(if different from regular season champion) being given bids from the Big 10, NCHC, WCHA, and Hockey East but Atlantic Hockey and ECAC(this season) should only receive 1. And if a team wins both regular season and tournament that should not guarantee that conference a second bid.

Thinking out loud.  With this season bring waived as far as years counting against eligibility, would it not make sense to bring in a d man at the break?  Sprinkle in a few games plus a semester of practicing against Gooch, Pinto, Gaber etc?  

Kid would still get four years and we would be less green on defense next year if we have some departures? 

Just now, Wilbur said:

Thinking out loud.  With this season bring waived as far as years counting against eligibility, would it not make sense to bring in a d man at the break?  Sprinkle in a few games plus a semester of practicing against Gooch, Pinto, Gaber etc?  

Kid would still get four years and we would be less green on defense next year if we have some departures? 

Exactly what I have been saying. I have to imagine the only reason they wouldn't do this, is they assume the players would get more game time experience elsewhere.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Exactly what I have been saying. I have to imagine the only reason they wouldn't do this, is they assume the players would get more game time experience elsewhere.

Or UND is biding their time...waiting for the right moment to reinstate MM to the team and say he’s learned his lesson and that he’s on a proper path of being a good person. That’s under the assumption he’s still enrolled as a student at UND.

Haven’t seen any news that he’s playing hockey anywhere else other than rumor that he was gonna go to KHL.

13 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Or UND is biding their time...waiting for the right moment to reinstate MM to the team and say he’s learned his lesson and that he’s on a proper path of being a good person. That’s under the assumption he’s still enrolled as a student at UND.

Haven’t seen any news that he’s playing hockey anywhere else other than rumor that he was gonna go to KHL.

He’s not at UND. He went home the day they kicked him off the team. He’s not getting back on the team. It was a school decision, not a decision made by Brad Berry. 

12 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

He’s not at UND. He went home the day they kicked him off the team. He’s not getting back on the team. It was an Armacost decision, not a decision made by Brad Berry. 

FYP

Yeah MM won't ever suit up for UND. That story is done ... right, wrong, or indifferent.

At this point, I'm just curious what, if any, actions this team is taking to continue getting better. Its an exciting year to be a UND fan. Just too bad we couldn't have seen last year through as well.

19 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

He’s not at UND. He went home the day they kicked him off the team. He’s not getting back on the team. It was a school decision, not a decision made by Brad Berry. 

You you you mean thankfully were kind enough to offer him the opportunity to continue his education and development after being removed from the team, while lighting up intramural hockey and getting a four year degree right?:lol:

Not trying to start the dumpster fire again, but hopefully he gets a chance somewhere after watching Kareem Hunt get back on the field for a love tap to a female.  

Well I was not selected to get a single ticket this year, darn it.

But I have decided to donate my entire ticket package cost to the U for the assistance they will need in this challenging year.

And I would encourage other to do the same, if they are able.  It was not an easy decision.

• Upvote 4

On 12/23/2020 at 12:53 PM, LuvHockey said:

Well I was not selected to get a single ticket this year, darn it.

But I have decided to donate my entire ticket package cost to the U for the assistance they will need in this challenging year.

And I would encourage other to do the same, if they are able.  It was not an easy decision.

I too was not high enough on the food chain.  I was hoping they would divvy up tickets so that season ticket holders could at least attend “a game” but that doesn’t appear to be the way they did it.   Understandable, I suppose as it would have been tough to manage. 

It will now be interesting to see how much tickets inflate in the secondary market.  I also wonder if any road games will feature ticket options.  I am guessing the Colorado schools will not not allow fans of any kind this year.