SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Well that’s good news. 

Is it?

What is the status of Blaisdell? Will he be back or is this a sign his injury is worse than we know.

No matter what, adding Jamernik is a sign we won’t see much of 21 and 13 going forward. 

45 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is it?

What is the status of Blaisdell? Will he be back or is this a sign his injury is worse than we know.

No matter what, adding Jamernik is a sign we won’t see much of 21 and 13 going forward. 

I am going with yes. Could be worse not having him and 21 and 13. 

6 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is this a case of a prospect coming in early or a new to fold scenario?  My apologies if this is in the Herald, I don't subscribe.

Jamernik was scheduled to arrive in the fall, so he’s not new. The AJHL is on pause, with no guarantee of starting back up, might as well get him on campus. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is it?

I think Blaisdell must have had a setback. Originally it sounded like Berry thought he’d be back before the end of the pod. That didn’t happen. 

But we were short a forward all season so adding Jamernik gives us additional reinforcements at forward. 

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is it?

You don’t think Keane will be playing?

On 12/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, tnt said:

You don’t think Keane will be playing?

I think we've seen 13, 20, and 21 all that we're going to from here out (unless injuries dictate otherwise).

I suspect 4 will be the travel (7th) defenseman and 11 and TBD* will battle for 12/13th forward. 

*Jamernik have a jersey number yet? It'll be 5, 6, 7, or 27, based on available.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think we've seen 13, 20, and 21 all that we're going to from here out (unless injuries dictate otherwise).

I suspect 4 will be the travel (7th) defenseman and 11 and TBD* will battle for 12/13th forward. 

*Jamernik have a jersey number yet? It'll be 5, 6, 7, or 27, based on available.

Jamernik will be 27. I'm surprised it took so long for this to get out. I had heard about him coming in over a week ago. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Agreed with 13. It became apparent that he can't be a guy that plays regular minutes. Also with you with 20. You could make an argument that currently, 20/4 are in a similar boat. I'm not talking long term of course, just currently. I also think that with just a little more experience, 4 a month from now would separate himself from 20. I hope if given a full roster that 4 is the extra more times than not, over a forward. We need to make sure there's a 7th guy with experience if needed.

I'm not with you with 21 though. I think he's in the mix with a few others.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Agreed with 13. It became apparent that he can't be a guy that plays regular minutes. Also with you with 20. You could make an argument that currently, 20/4 are in a similar boat. I'm not talking long term of course, just currently. I also think that with just a little more experience, 4 a month from now would separate himself from 20. I hope if given a full roster that 4 is the extra more times than not, over a forward. We need to make sure there's a 7th guy with experience if needed.

Agree with you on 21. He is also someone you can plug in on the PK, so he helps us there as well. 

41 minutes ago, AJS said:

I think Keane plays the way Berry likes, and I agree he will be in the mix. Although it may not be every game, I think he will get a chance here and there, if for no other reason than to hold other guys accountable who don't play with passion.   I would guess that he might be here next year as well, as they will be replacing some guys.