SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

Connecticut: Coronavirus testing flaw causing false positives

Scientists at Connecticut’s public health laboratory say they’ve discovered a flaw in a manufacturer’s testing system for the coronavirus that’s used by labs around the country. So far, it’s resulted in 90 people - mostly residents of Connecticut nursing homes and assisted living facilities - recently receiving false positive tests.

State public health officials are now reviewing whether nursing home residents who received false positive tests were grouped with other residents with accurate positive tests, given the state’s recommendation to cohort nursing home residents who test positive for COVID-19.

“We don’t know that yet,” said Josh Geballe, Gov. Ned Lamont’s chief operating officer, noting that a team from the state’s Department of Public Health has been reaching out to every clinician responsible for those individuals, as well as the facilities where they live, and compiling data on the situation

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Sadly the issue of masks has become a flash-point for a culture war; albeit one where the Right is slowly aquiescing to reason.   This was illustrated perfectly when Mitch McConnell started advocating for masks and needed to tell his constituency “We must have no stigma, none,”  

Agree some people have taken immovable positions due to cultural cognition, there is some right/left component amongst hard cores, but the media loves elevating a political fights.  

I don’t see the media’s version from my own  boots-on-the-ground standpoint  

Some people just think it’s sensible to wear masks, including 6 family members who have never voted for a democrat. I also have 3 family members who’ve never voted for a republican who refuse to wear masks except when required. 

Then there are those making it political which is a much smaller group than advertised..imho 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I wonder if wearing a mask will soon become unpopular since President Trump tweeted this?

Brilliant move by Trump. 

Masks are now a sign of Trump supporters.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Brilliant move by Trump. 

Masks are now a sign of Trump supporters.

Not so fast.

Trump has previously downplayed the importance of wearing masks and has only worn one a handful of times in public during the four-plus months of the pandemic.

"I think the President was making a good point that if he wears a mask, it would encourage others to wear a mask," Fauci said. "I wish he would get out of the political arena, and just understand it for what it is. It's a public health mechanism."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fauci-says-he-wasn-t-aware-white-house-coronavirus-briefings-were-returning/ar-BB170JIU?ocid=msedgdhp

On 7/19/2020 at 11:59 AM, wxman91 said:

The reason why people on the left are so comfortable calling Trump-supporters cultists is precisely because of things like your post.  You parrot talking points that I’m sure you got from the right-wing media without any critical thought at all into the issues.  

Open borders - can you point to the legislation or party platform calling for this?  Sure, there are thought pieces around, but this is actually a Libertarian, small-government argument.

Non-citizens voting - again, point to the legislation or party platform.  There are some places in the country that allow non-citizen voting in municipal elections, but that is not being proposed at state or national levels.

Felons voting - the main thrust of this has been regarding those that have served their sentence.  In FL the voters overwhelmingly voted for this (including many Rs), but the state legislature has gone against the will of the voters.  Some think that incarcerated felons should be able to vote.  Somewhere along the line we as a country decided that was a right that could be taken away.  Not everyone believes in that.

So, to your main point, there is a lot more depth to these issues than you make it seem.  And the idea that Democrats are importing people to make them D voters is indeed “fake news”.

I don’t get talking points from any media, I watch the democrats and see what they do, if you think they aren’t for open borders or having felons vote you live somewhere else.

im for the rule of law, want to come here do it legally, want to vote, stay out of trouble, want a job go find one.

open borders didn’t take legislation, Obama did it by not allowing border patrol to do their job.

how do i know this, I talk to them.  They told me once Obama was gone the moral in the border patrol went up 1000%.

in a 2 week period in Arizona there were over 300 illegals from China picked up trying to get in the country, just what we want with the virus coming from China.

how do I know this, it’s called research, something left wing media won’t report on.

don't trust my numbers, do the research yourself.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not so fast.

Trump has previously downplayed the importance of wearing masks and has only worn one a handful of times in public during the four-plus months of the pandemic.

"I think the President was making a good point that if he wears a mask, it would encourage others to wear a mask," Fauci said. "I wish he would get out of the political arena, and just understand it for what it is. It's a public health mechanism."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fauci-says-he-wasn-t-aware-white-house-coronavirus-briefings-were-returning/ar-BB170JIU?ocid=msedgdhp

If the experts opinions on masks can change and it’s acceptable, so can the presidents.  

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, homer said:

If the experts opinions on masks can change and it’s acceptable, so can the presidents.  

The experts changed their mind on masks when they saw it wouldn’t cause a shortage of ppe to the hospitals.

trump changed his mind when he was finally able to swallow his pride and admit it was the only way to save himself from political suicide.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The experts changed their mind on masks when they saw it wouldn’t cause a shortage of ppe to the hospitals.

trump changed his mind when he was finally able to swallow his pride and admit it was the only way to save himself from political suicide.

Experts have the luxury of giving advice that views public health as the only factor in their equation. Easy position to be in when all you have to do is over shoot in terms of precaution.

Politicians have a much more complicated equation to solve.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So why should the experts opinion be valued by everyone?   They lied.  Are they being honest now? 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, homer said:

So why should the experts opinion be valued by everyone?   They lied.  Are they being honest now? 

Remember when fauci wasn’t sidelined? Where’s he now? 

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I remember him saying not to wear masks.  

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Playing the Ouija board to get his next opinion?

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND... 82/3739/1. 2.2%. Active cases down too.

Oxbow, You like the stats.
You are probably watching Rt already but here’s the link. Dr Scott Gottlieb (former head of FDA) has consistently been the most reliable source throughout imo. He says Rate of Transmission plus hospitalizations are the two most important stats state and local governments should use to make decisions, rather than actual positives or % positives.

He thinks for the most part schools should open, and says the economy should open, but pause, not revert, in hot spots with very high Rt or high hospital usage. 

Some of the big population states have moved to green or are almost green. The highest red states tend to have lower populations so despite the massive numbers it can be seen as glass half full.

https://rt.live

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not so fast.

But everyone was downplaying it til recently.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

I don’t get talking points from any media, I watch the democrats and see what they do, if you think they aren’t for open borders or having felons vote you live somewhere else.

im for the rule of law, want to come here do it legally, want to vote, stay out of trouble, want a job go find one.

open borders didn’t take legislation, Obama did it by not allowing border patrol to do their job.

how do i know this, I talk to them.  They told me once Obama was gone the moral in the border patrol went up 1000%.

in a 2 week period in Arizona there were over 300 illegals from China picked up trying to get in the country, just what we want with the virus coming from China.

how do I know this, it’s called research, something left wing media won’t report on.

don't trust my numbers, do the research yourself.

You are for the rule of law but you don't want to read the legislation that makes the rules?  I posted the HR1 link.

Oh, no.  The feelings of the poor Border Control were hurt during Obama's presidency :(  I'm sure you have the same concerns for the scientists that have been sidelined by the current administration.

If we want to keep from falling too far behind China and eventually India, we need to dramatically increase legal immigration.  At least 1% of the total population per year, which is about triple of the rates now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You actually now think a mask is a sign of a Trump supporter?

Not wearing one was yesterday.  

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

But everyone was downplaying it til recently.

Ummm.

Nope.  Health care professionals, dismissed by the ignorant, have been advocating their use for a few months...at least.  

If you ignored it, maybe your orange leader will guide you down the right path.  Provided he thinks it now helps him politically. 

Lol

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic