SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

California's Got The Most Coronavirus Cases, Yet the Media Keeps Bashing Red States

I'm not going to get into the weeds of these numbers and the way that Wuhan Virus cases are counted in general. The numbers that the media is using position California as having a worse crisis than any of the red states, especially Florida, that the media has been hounding. And yet the way that the media covers the pandemic in California and Florida or Texas is dramatically different.

If having a large caseload is evidence of a failure of governance, a position that the media takes in red or reddish states like Florida, then why has the coverage of Governor Newsom's actions been so totally uncritical. And considering the epicenter in Los Angeles County, can't the media find any policies by government officials to criticize? Surprisingly they can't. Yet the same media that gives Newsom a pass has been frantically hammering DeSantis. But you know they're following the science. The political science.

If we had anything resembling honest and objective coverage of this crisis, it would begin with an admission that there's still a lot we don't know and that different parts of the country may be seeing spikes at different times. This artificial wartime narrative in politicians get praised for getting the virus under control (at least if they're the governors of blue states where the virus wiped out enough of the elderly and vulnerable nursing home populations) while red state governors get blasted for not getting it under control is fake. And that's even without taking issue with the reporting methodology or any of the deeper criticisms of the tallies.

5 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Give 5 examples on what Biden or Hilary won’t have done differently in the situation. 

Enlighten me.

Easy to put blame in an unprecedented time  Leadership as a whole hasn’t been great. Politics has made this a mess  

I would be interested in this as well. Dr. Fauci said in mid April that President Trump followed every suggestion that Dr. Fauci and his team recommended. 

So what plan would Hillary and Biden have implemented to go against what Fauci and his team recommended?

1 hour ago, dynato said:

Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein's Connection, Explained

Do this picture next with that same logic

Two rich guys that ran in the same circles in the 90's. 

Eventually had a 1 way falling out over the actions of 1 of them leading to him being banned from the others properties.

I know libs would like to see Trump caught up in what comes out from the Maxwell case it she stays alive long enough. 

The SDNY was sitting on the case and trying to squash it but libs seem to think that Trump would in effect remove and replace those at the SDNY with prosecutors that would move the case forward if he was caught up in it himself. 

Brilliant logic.

32 minutes ago, homer said:

So per capita works when comparing states but doesn’t work when comparing countries.  Got it. 

You really aren't helping the other cult members out at all.

The USA is at #4 and rising.  This data is based on 2.6 million cases reported July 1st.  We are over 4 million now. 

Got it?

Another set of stats show that in deaths per million, we are in the top 10.  

That could rise also.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21176/covid-19-infection-density-in-countries-most-total-cases/

54 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

You really aren't helping the other cult members out at all.

The USA is at #4 and rising.  This data is based on 2.6 million cases reported July 1st.  We are over 4 million now. 

Got it?

Another set of stats show that in deaths per million, we are in the top 10.  

That could rise also.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21176/covid-19-infection-density-in-countries-most-total-cases/

Are all countries counting deaths the same as the US?  

Positive cases vs amount of tests.  No country has tested nearly as much as US has.  That’s not a bad thing

12 minutes ago, homer said:

Are all countries counting deaths the same as the US?  

Positive cases vs amount of tests.  No country has tested nearly as much as US has.  That’s not a bad thing

Tests overall, yes.  That appears to be true.  However, it hasn't been done in a manner to actually give good data for health experts to determine a true, nationwide course of action.  That needs to happen.

Tests per capita, we are #4.

Screenshot_20200726-151501_Chrome.jpg

For the people that think that Portland Riots are peaceful demonstrations check out these tweets. i

Andy is a brave reporter that has done a good job covering Antifa in Portland. 

This is an assault, several agents, mostly peaceful, eh?

Yep, peaceful. 

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

For the people that think that Portland Riots are peaceful demonstrations check out these tweets. i

Yep, peaceful. 

Right wing propagandist.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

So what are you saying? These videos  don’t exits and are just used to cause a stir? You’re a flippin’ idiot. Just a real meat head. 

I'm saying the source is questionable, Archie Bunker.  

38 minutes ago, Goon said:

Yep, peaceful. 

It is time for the water cannons 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Andy Ngo doctored the videos? You don’t even believe that. Just admit you are being confronted with evidence that goes against your belief system and won’t accept it.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Just admit you are being confronted with evidence that goes against your belief system and won’t accept it.

I just question the source.   Although, I must admit you are an expert in denying reality. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

I just question the source.   Although, I must admit you are an expert in denying reality. 

Question the source? It’s a video. Either you believe what you’re seeing or you don’t.

What does the source have to do with it? Are these not videos of Portland?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

The source is pretty solid. You’re spitting out talking points from the left that want to deny this is actually happening. 

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

The source is pretty solid. You’re spitting out talking points from the left that want to deny this is actually happening. 

What exactly was happening?  Even if the videos were taken in that context?

Looks like a guy had a gun pulled on him so he pulled one on the other guy.  Ok. 

Some folks tried to tear down a fence.  Probably wasn't successful.

"Something" hit a federal officer, or not one...who knows?  

Laser pointers brandished at some officers by some people.  

Hmmm.

Not good, but not exactly earth shattering actions by a minority of folks involved in a heated protest escalated by the Trump Administration. 

That's only if this is taken in the context presented by a discredited source.