SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

• Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hayduke1

• Oxbow6

• BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

• The Sicatoka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people who need to be tested are health care workers, the elderly, and those with underlying health conditions.  If you are young (under 50) and healthy and are taking up a test kit, crowding

This country is being bright to its knees by fear....not the virus. Recovery from getting the virus is a couple weeks. Recovery of society from this hysteria will be years.

It’s sad that about half the country still believes outlets like msnbc and cnn.  You would think after they lied everyday for 3 years about Russian collusion, people would get the hint of what their t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What assisted living facilities have shown masks to be ineffective?

Approximately 77% of MN Covid deaths have been in nursing/long term care homes.  Places where even for "milder" outbreaks like flu outbreaks masks are worn by staff and visitors are restricted.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2020/07/21/mn-gov-walz-battle-plan-coronavirus-deaths-in-long-term-care/amp/

Ineffective?

31 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Approximately 77% of MN Covid deaths have been in nursing/long term care homes.  Places where even for "milder" outbreaks like flu outbreaks masks are worn by staff and visitors are restricted.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2020/07/21/mn-gov-walz-battle-plan-coronavirus-deaths-in-long-term-care/amp/

Ineffective?

Since 77% of MN Covid deaths have been in long term care facilities, you've deemed masks ineffective?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Since 77% of MN Covid deaths have been in long term care facilities, you've deemed masks ineffective?

It is a twisted kind of logic, isn't it? 

Lol

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

With those numbers and one death in MN under 20 plus the effectivenes  of masks which are "proven to work" there should be no reason Walz won't reopen all school in MN face to face.......right?

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It's the one place where mask wearing has been 100% compliant, or at least closest to it.  

Shouldn't have been any deaths or at least a very low number of masks work.  

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

With those numbers and one death in MN under 20 plus the effectivenes  of masks which are "proven to work" there should be no reason Walz won't reopen all school in MN face to face.......right?

Walz lost me when he ordered the third precinct to be abandoned. What do do with schools, I don’t have the answer.

22 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

It is a twisted kind of logic, isn't it? 

Lol

Shows that frail/elderly/already sick people are vast majority that are affected. 

Unfortunately for you, real logic does seem twisted to you. 

Just now, homer said:

Fauci said they don’t and he’s the expert correct?

You apparently have problems with keeping up on things.

The South lost the Civil War in case you weren't sure.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

What percentage of covid deaths are 80 plus in mn? 

We are talking nursing homes so inevitably some of those are over 80.  Don't change the subject though, if masks work why have nursing homes been hit so hard with the high level of mask compliance they have there? (And those are real masks....not cut off tshirt sleeves).

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

We are talking nursing homes so inevitably some of those are over 80.  Don't change the subject though, if masks work why have nursing homes been hit so hard with the high level of mask compliance they have there? (And those are real masks....not cut off tshirt sleeves).

Throw in the fact 16% of all positives in ND are healthcare workers.

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Walz lost me when he ordered the third precinct to be abandoned. What do do with schools, I don’t have the answer.

If masks are as effective and are "proven to work" to the extent as some here and national experts claim reopening  schools should be a no brainer.

Totally with you on your first comment.

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

You apparently have problems with keeping up on things.

The South lost the Civil War in case you weren't sure.

Nope, I’m keeping up.  Just wanted to be sure that you are perfectly fine with a leader changing their opinion on mask effectiveness from early on until now.  

Now that we have established that.  You should also be good with a person being perfectly fine to go to school, a restaurant or vote in person if they wear a mask.  No reason to lock things down further since “the experts” say masks are the answer.  

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

It's a mask.  It's proven to work.

Get over it, snowflake. 

Lol

Masks may have been proven to help, but they are not 100% full proof! Especially the way some people wear them!

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Well my September wedding might look a little weird with masks (at least the reception will be)

oh well. 

It will more than likely be the most questionable decision you have ever made to even do it in the first place so dont worry about it.  (from a married man)

• Upvote 1
Just now, UND1983 said:

It will more then likely be the most questionable decision you have ever made to even do it in the first place so dont worry about it.  (from a married man)

My dad tried to warn me for many years.

I just didn't listen... lol!

• Like 1

A hospitalized patient in OH was tested 15 times over the hospital stay. Each day a positive test came back on this individual it was added to the daily "positive test" numbers.

Yesterday over half of people in ND tested who were tested before. Not sure why. If someone tested positive Friday in Bismarck, retested positive again yesterday is he/she add back in the new daily positive cases? Be interesting to know. 

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A hospitalized patient in OH was tested 15 times over the hospital stay. Each day a positive test came back on this individual it was added to the daily "positive test" numbers.

Yesterday over half of people in ND tested who were tested before. Not sure why. If someone tested positive Friday in Bismarck, retested positive again yesterday is he/she add back in the new daily positive cases? Be interesting to know. 

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Positive Cases: Number of unique individuals who test positive for COVID-19 from state and private labs.

According to the ND DOH website, no.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So over half of all tests performed in ND have been on individuals that had been already tested.

If I were to take a guess, yes. I know most long term care facilities in GF are testing at least weekly. Higher risk units up to twice/week right now.

• Upvote 1
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic