SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

53 minutes ago, Goon said:

The source is pretty solid. You’re spitting out talking points from the left that want to deny this is actually happening. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/media-presented-far-right-grifter-andy-ngo-credible-journalist-reporting-left-wing

"Far-right writer Andy Ngo has been presented as a credible authority on left-wing violence following an attack on him at a rally in late June. Now it’s been revealed that Ngo has secretly been working alongside a violent far-right group to cherry-pick and misrepresent left-wing activism in an attempt to downplay right-wing violence."

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/

Just weeks later, however, a video surfaced on Twitter showing Ngo pal around with the Proud Boys-adjacent group Patriot Prayer.

The video shows Ngo laughing as the group plans a violent attack on antifa members at a Portland bar in May. The video surfaced as part of a lawsuit brought by the bar, accusing Patriot Prayer members of causing a riot."

So let me get this straight.  Someone criticizing Antifa for its violent tendencies just posted content from a ‘journalist’ associated with violent far right-wing hate groups?  

The  comedy just writes itself.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

So let me get this straight.  Someone criticizing Antifa for its violent tendencies just posted content from a ‘journalist’ associated with violent far right-wing hate groups?  

So you think a journalist who is  homosexual and the son of Vietnamese immigrants is some sort of secret agent for the far right? I agree with you that the comedy writes itself.

29 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So you think a journalist who is  homosexual and the son of Vietnamese immigrants is some sort of secret agent for the far right? I agree with you that the comedy writes itself.

So.  

Someone's sexual orientation and ethnicity determines that they cannot be a supporter of the far right? 

Your view of people must be one of definitive categorizations.  You really need to get out more. 

8 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So.  

Someone's sexual orientation and ethnicity determines that they cannot be a supporter of the far right? 

Your view of people must be one of definitive categorizations.  You really need to get out more. 

Don't be surprised come Nov 3.  Your description of far right will be much closer to middle of the road.

4 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Don't be surprised come Nov 3.  Your description of far right will be much closer to middle of the road.

Ah, a believer is this massive "silent majority" that keeps getting under represented in the polls.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Lol. 

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Lanny Davis

@LannyDavis
· 34m
Violent protesters lighting fires and using violence in Portland should wear @realDonaldTrump buttons. That is who they are helping.Progressives in Portland need to call them out, including the Mayor. ReTweet please. Don’t allow violent people help @realDonaldTrum

4 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Joe Scarborough

@JoeNBC
· 2h
How does breaking windows at a courthouse, setting fire to a federal building, firing guns in crowds, and committing acts of vandalism forward any cause? Actually, don’t bother because there is no good answer. It is self-destructive to any cause you promote.

30 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So.  

Define the belief system of the far right that you’re describing and the answer to your question will present itself. 

17 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ah, a believer is this massive "silent majority" that keeps getting under represented in the polls.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Lol. 

Were you not old enough to vote in 2016? You are saying the exact same things. I’m not saying it’ll work out the same way, but you’re mocking something that literally already happened Four years ago.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Define the belief system of the far right that you’re describing and the answer to your question will present itself. 

No, you seriously believe that ones sexual orientation and ethnicity defines their political and moral stance.

Yet, Roy Cohn existed.  That one was low hanging fruit. 

Hmmm....   

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

No, you seriously believe that ones sexual orientation and ethnicity defines their political and moral stance.

Yet, Roy Cohn existed.  That one was low hanging fruit. 

Hmmm....   

Let’s be clear, I don’t believe that ones sexual orientation or race define them in any way at all. In fact I believe the exact opposite.

What I’m telling you is that the belief system of the far right, DOES judge people on the above categories. In fact they make it pretty clear how they feel about minorities and homosexuals.

What an odd an example to use since Ray Cohn wasn’t openly gay and they really didn’t find out he was gay until after he died. Also, not a minority.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Were you not old enough to vote in 2016? You are saying the exact same things. I’m not saying it’ll work out the same way, but you’re mocking something that literally already happened Four years ago.

She led in polling by about 4%.  She won the popular vote by 2%.   Not a monstrous chance in a very fluid election between two seeking the office for the first time.  

Biden is up against a sitting president known by the electorate.  He's up by about 10% with 100 days to go. Incumbents have never shaken that large of a deficit before.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but it is unlikely.  

But, there isnt some massive group unrepresented in these polls. 

She led in polling by about 4%.  She won the popular vote by 2%.   Not a monstrous chance in a very fluid election between two seeking the office for the first time.  

Biden is up against a sitting president known by the electorate.  He's up by about 10% with 100 days to go. Incumbents have never shaken that large of a deficit before.  Not saying it couldn't happen, but it is unlikely.  

But, there isnt some massive group unrepresented in these polls. 

I don’t think 2020 is a year to think things won’t happen simply because they haven’t happened before. Five months ago Trump would have won in a landslide. We’ll see where he is at come November, that’s still a long ways off.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Let’s be clear, I don’t believe that ones sexual orientation or race define them in any way at all. In fact I believe the exact opposite.

What I’m telling you is that the belief system of the far right, DOES judge people on the above categories. In fact they make it pretty clear how they feel about minorities and homosexuals.

What an odd an example to use since Ray Cohn wasn’t openly gay and they really didn’t find out he was gay until after he died. Also, not a minority.

He was Jewish.  That's a minority. 

His sexual orientation was known, but not discussed, especially in those days. 

You need to sharpen up your reading comprehension skills.  Maybe you should take that test Trump "aced"? 

Lol. 

He was Jewish.  That's a minority. 

His sexual orientation was known, but not discussed, especially in those days. 

You need to sharpen up your reading comprehension skills.  Maybe you should take that test Trump "aced"? 

Lol. 

A Jewish lawyer in the 70’s at 80’s on the east coast? Not exactly the same as a openly gay Vietnamese immigrant.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

A Jewish lawyer in the 70’s at 80’s on the east coast? Not exactly the same as a openly gay Vietnamese immigrant.

I'm saving this just because the stupidity embedded within this statement could just make itself vanish. 

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I'm saving this just because the stupidity embedded within this statement could just make itself vanish. 

You got your ass kicked a lot when you were younger didn’t you.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.

Like he did in 2016? 

Lol 

Popular vote means absolutely nothing in an election.  Based on the scoreboard of how the winner is determined, yes he won in a landslide.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not really.  The idea today is that there is this "silent majority" out there that are Trump supporters but won't tell pollsters about it.  That didn't happen in any relevant fashion in 2016.  It was a very close election, the polls were pretty good, and the undecideds broke towards the challenger at the end.  That's it.  That's the full story.

This year, the polls are not close and Trump's approval ratings are terrible across all sets of information that we have.  

However, I've said it here before and will say it again.  Biden could very well lose.  Trump has a consistent level of support and there is this weird uncertainty out there about COVID and Biden's mental acuity.  What I don't think will tip the scales is the protesting/rioting.  If it were Bernie, then yes, I could see the suburban support melt away.  But Biden is more law & order than the leftist Dems.  His two top VP candidates are a former prosecutor (who the left likes to call Cop-mala) and a National Security Advisor.  Not exactly what "Antifa" would offer up.

• Upvote 1