SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

That was a head scratcher defensively.  The film won't be kind to a few guys.

If you're SCSU you are ecstatic with two points at home against #1, and if you're UND you are shaking your head with a tie on the road.

Duluth lost, so now it's a 9 point lead. 

Yon can go ahead and graduate anytime.  Your top end guys gotta take over games, I get it.  But on the low end, and I know there’s a lot of haters in here, I’ll take Casey Johnson over Yon any day of the week.  Tomorrow night’s effort needs to be a bit more inspired.

Would have been nice to get that extra point, as I assume if Duluth somehow made up the 9 points, they would have more wins, which I assume would be the next tie break after head to head.  Maybe, since we didn’t play them four times there are other tie breaks.  We would really need to crumble for those scenarios to unfold, so not too concerned, but each point puts us closer. 

30 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

This just in: Huskies to raise another banner tomorrow for getting 2 of 3 points against #1 team. 

Seriously though, they need to reconsider those banners hanging in that high school rink...

I think the banners are ok.  They got lots of them except no nattys.  I wonder if they have a banner for most one and dones in the nat'l tourney?

8 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Was Tychonick a healthy scratch or was he sick or something? I certainly have liked the way Tychonick has been playing the last few weeks and I think he would be especially valuable on big ice. It would be any easy move in my mind to get him in for Bast. Gabe has been alright but he is clearly been the bottom defenseman in pretty well every game he has played since returning from injury. Way more turnovers and giveaways from him than we are used to seeing.

Schloss pregame confirmed Johnny was a healthy scratch

Side note, I just had to erase a pretty long post about the five minute major call, because I hadn't fully grasped that it didn't have to do with contact to the head. I don't know if I still fully comprehend what happened. Someone please help me. The officials reviewed the call, they determined at that time that it wasn't contact to the head, based on one of the two camera angles that was very definitive. So far so good. The major call for interference is unbelievably frustrating, no doubt, but I understand it. Completely different situations, but unfortunately the circumstances of what happens after a hit carry a lot of weight (i.e. Kawaguchi "penalty" earlier that game). Shame on him, but Poehling sold the hell out of it. I put less blame on the officials. What an ***hole Poehling is. I would love to be able to read the officials minds when they see him 100% right after he's taken down the tunnel, for what couldn't have been more than a minute. 

I know St. Clould fans don't care and Poehling cares even less what we think, but I would be embarrassed if this situation was reversed and a UND player pulled that. 

Edit: I'm going to somewhat walk this back. It's clear Poehling wasn't actually hurt, but do we think he was maybe a little shaken up right away? Not saying he didn't milk it, because I think he did, but let's say the first 10 seconds or so he was shaken up. I would be very interested to hear what SCSU fans think. You try your hardest to be unbiased, but I might be in this situation without really knowing it. @The Exiled One , thoughts on the play? 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Side note, I just had to erase a pretty long post about the five minute major call, because I hadn't fully grasped that it didn't have to do with contact to the head. I don't know if I still fully comprehend what happened. Someone please help me. The officials reviewed the call, they determined at that time that it wasn't contact to the head, based on one of the two camera angles that was very definitive. So far so good. The major call for interference is unbelievably frustrating, no doubt, but I understand it. Completely different situations, but unfortunately the circumstances of what happens after a hit carry a lot of weight (i.e. Kawaguchi "penalty" earlier that game). Shame on him, but Poehling sold the hell out of it. I put less blame on the officials. What an ***hole Poehling is. I would love to be able to read the officials minds when they see him 100% right after he's taken down the tunnel, for what couldn't have been more than a minute. 

I know St. Clould fans don't care and Poehling cares even less what we think, but I would be embarrassed if this situation was reversed and a UND player pulled that. 

Edit: I'm going to somewhat walk this back. It's clear Poehling wasn't actually hurt, but do we think he was maybe a little shaken up right away? Not saying he didn't milk it, because I think he did, but let's say the first 10 seconds or so he was shaken up. I would be very interested to hear what SCSU fans think. You try your hardest to be unbiased, but I might be in this situation without really knowing it. @The Exiled One , thoughts on the play? 

I just watch the highlights and Nick gets hit and sells it well and puts his head on the ice, looks up when they score and put his head back down,  I don’t even know what to say about that. I’m getting sick off this shyt. Get hit  and lay down like you’re hurt.  I almost wish our guys would do that, but it wouldn’t be the right thing to do. 

23 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I just watch the highlights and Nick gets hit and sells it well and puts his head on the ice, looks up when they score and put his head back down,  I don’t even know what to say about that. I’m getting sick off this shyt. Get hit  and lay down like you’re hurt.  I almost wish our guys would do that, but it wouldn’t be the right thing to do. 

He could have sold it better. Throwing his gloves and stick maybe gets a game misconduct with the 5.

Question for those who watched the game online (I was at the rink but other end) and the rule experts... at any point in time between the "life ending" hit and the goal did we touch the puck? Does it matter? In any other instance after a delayed penalty when the offending team touches the puck play is stopped. Is there any way in a review they would say it's a penalty but you lost possession before score so play would have stopped and the goal doesn't count?

2 hours ago, AJS said:

There must be some coaching involved with this type of theatrics, not necessarily coaches saying “fake like you are hurt”, but at least coaches not telling players to not do it. I don’t know when I’ve seen a Sioux player fake an injury or maybe I just can’t see it through the green glasses many of us wear. Poehling last night was pathetic, as was another player Involved with the Gucci hit, and even worse Perunovich acting like he needed his arm amputated at the end of the last Duluth game and when his sales job didn’t work he was miraculously healed well enough to finish the game. I wonder if refs could look at these injuries on film afterwards and sanction that team/player for trying to pull a fast one or else just give out awards for best actors/actresses? With the 5 minute last night, they cannot review and just give a two minute so it looked to me like they really stretched to make it into a five totally sold by Miss Poehiling’s acting ability!

9 minutes ago, mattim said:

There must be some coaching involved with this type of theatrics, not necessarily coaches saying “fake like you are hurt”, but at least coaches not telling players to not do it. I don’t know when I’ve seen a Sioux player fake an injury or maybe I just can’t see it through the green glasses many of us wear. Poehling last night was pathetic, as was another player Involved with the Gucci hit, and even worse Perunovich acting like he needed his arm amputated at the end of the last Duluth game and when his sales job didn’t work he was miraculously healed well enough to finish the game. I wonder if refs could look at these injuries on film afterwards and sanction that team/player for trying to pull a fast one or else just give out awards for best actors/actresses? With the 5 minute last night, they cannot review and just give a two minute so it looked to me like they really stretched to make it into a five totally sold by Miss Poehiling’s acting ability!

This is the reason why I don’t care for Miss Coach Sandy anymore.  The Bulldogs are the gophers of the NCHC 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Question for those who watched the game online (I was at the rink but other end) and the rule experts... at any point in time between the "life ending" hit and the goal did we touch the puck? Does it matter? In any other instance after a delayed penalty when the offending team touches the puck play is stopped. Is there any way in a review they would say it's a penalty but you lost possession before score so play would have stopped and the goal doesn't count?

rule 8.1 paragraph 4. 
Play should have stopped for an injured player when his team had control of the puck since he was in a high danger area. 

also they will say play was stopped for a goal. But it continues to say that the injured player must remain off the ice until the completion of the next faceoff. 

2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

maybe the guys on the ice should flop and moan after every goal in protest to the snowflake extravaganza that college hockey is trending towards....

What's next?  5 minute major for too many men?

I mean, c'mon refs.  If you see a penalty, call it.  This review then 5 is getting old.  I get protecting players from medically dangerous plays, but last night that "penalty" looked to me like "og well, that's hockey".

9 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

maybe the guys on the ice should flop and moan after every goal in protest to the snowflake extravaganza that college hockey is trending towards....

The sad thing about this it’s no longer keep your head up or you’re gonna get smoked now it’s keep your head down so when they hit you lay on the ground act really hurt, hold your head and maybe they’ll get a major

• Upvote 1