SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

3 hours ago, WiSioux said:

Question for those who watched the game online (I was at the rink but other end) and the rule experts... at any point in time between the "life ending" hit and the goal did we touch the puck? Does it matter? In any other instance after a delayed penalty when the offending team touches the puck play is stopped. Is there any way in a review they would say it's a penalty but you lost possession before score so play would have stopped and the goal doesn't count?

No

I think Yon plays again tonight.  He's better on the big ice. Johnny needs to play. If he isn't the extra skater he should replace Bast. Keane's skating ability could help the 4th line as well.

Bottom line UND is the better team. The Clowns got enough good breaks last night to last them for a couple weeks.

4-2 UND tonight.

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I agree with the sentiment of everyone on here about the questionable after-the-fact 5 minute major but what are everyone’s thoughts about the hit itself.

Question: did Caulfield have to hit Poehling a second or two after he had already released the shot? Seems to me that Caulfield had plenty of time to either stop or skate by Poehling without hitting him. 

Based on the interference call on St Cloud on a textbook hip check that Poolman ate in the second period, I would say two minutes for interference.  But based on not wanting to see hockey turn into basketball, neither of the plays were penalties.

1 hour ago, keikla said:

To be fair, Michaud is a really common name in some parts of the country, and I have never known anyone to pronounce it other than "Mee-show".  I find myself saying "meechaud" because I get halfway through the name and then remember it's not the Acadian pronunciation.

That being said, most of the announcing was brutal.  Pat stumbling and constantly talking over the PxP.  And the PxP got progressively worse as the game went on...

Sync up with Tim on IHeart radio. It's not that hard. Tim could make it a lot easier if he said when the first puck drop happens.(hint, hint)

2 minutes ago, Speez said:

Sync up with Tim on IHeart radio. It's not that hard. Tim could make it a lot easier if he said when the first puck drop happens.(hint, hint)

If we are not techie enough to sync with Tim, how is it done? Or what is the alternative tonight with FSN?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, keikla said:

To be fair, Michaud is a really common name in some parts of the country, and I have never known anyone to pronounce it other than "Mee-show".  I find myself saying "meechaud" because I get halfway through the name and then remember it's not the Acadian pronunciation.

That being said, most of the announcing was brutal.  Pat stumbling and constantly talking over the PxP.  And the PxP got progressively worse as the game went on...

I live in Cloquet. Everyone here calls him Westin “Mee-shod”. The whole family here pronounces it that way. Not sure why Westin is going with the other pronunciation.

45 minutes ago, mattim said:

If we are not techie enough to sync with Tim, how is it done? Or what is the alternative tonight with FSN?

I don't have FSN so I'll watch on NCHC-TV. Tim's broadcast on 96.1 the Fox on IHeart has always run at least a minute behind NCHC-TV on my system.

I stop video on TV at 1st. puck drop. I have my desktop or laptop tuned in to Tim. When he says anything close to puck drop or any action, I start video on TV.

I can usually get within a second of both being in sync. If I miss I have to wait till next stoppage to try again.

Tim talks about syncing it before every game. He needs to be more vocal about first drop to make it easier to sync.

12 minutes ago, Speez said:

I don't have FSN so I'll watch on NCHC-TV. Tim's broadcast on 96.1 the Fox on IHeart has always run at least a minute behind NCHC-TV on my system.

I stop video on TV at 1st. puck drop. I have my desktop or laptop tuned in to Tim. When he says anything close to puck drop or any action, I start video on TV.

I can usually get within a second of both being in sync. If I miss I have to wait till next stoppage to try again.

Tim talks about syncing it before every game. He needs to be more vocal about first drop to make it easier to sync.

Thanks I’ll try it tonight!