SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I 100% agree but the way the rules are written right now, that hit is five and a game automatically. Should the St. Cloud player do a better job at protecting himself? Sure. Should Pinto be smarter there and not throw a hit at a guy 4 feet off the boards? Yes.

There is a point when you are committed to a hit, it isn’t as easy to reverse tracks as you seem to think, thus putting your safety in peril.

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

I don't remember any 5 minute majors in all the years and all the hours that I spent playing pond hockey.......

The majors in Minnesota youth hockey went through the roof after the two kids broke their necks. Which happen to be about the same age the the poehling sisters. 

I completely understand and agree with the fact that the players have to be protected.  But when the rules are being gamed to the point where the players are putting themselves into dangerous situations with the hope of drawing a penalty, something needs to change.

• Upvote 1