SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Oxbow6

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Just now, BrandonH61 said:

Why are you here picking fights with UND fans on a UND message board during a game??

Who's picking a fight? I'm asking questions to the people who seem to think the NCHC is working against UND.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Don’t think there was embellishment but turning your back to someone late when someone is bearing down on you shouldn’t be rewarded.  At some point players have to be responsible to keep themselves safe, and that type of thing could get you  some life long regret if someone is going faster and a little further from the boards.  Foolish to compromise your own safety like that.

I 100% agree but the way the rules are written right now, that hit is five and a game automatically. Should the St. Cloud player do a better job at protecting himself? Sure. Should Pinto be smarter there and not throw a hit at a guy 4 feet off the boards? Yes.

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Who's picking a fight? I'm asking questions to the people who seem to think the NCHC is working against UND.

Asking the same question over and over and over seems a bit extreme. We get the point. The board is biased. Get over it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I 100% agree but the way the rules are written right now, that hit is five and a game automatically. Should the St. Cloud player do a better job at protecting himself? Sure. Should Pinto be smarter there and not throw a hit at a guy 4 feet off the boards? Yes.

There is a point when you are committed to a hit, it isn’t as easy to reverse tracks as you seem to think, thus putting your safety in peril.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

There is a point when you are committed to a hit, it isn’t as easy to reverse tracks as you seem to think.

That's fine. Commit to the hit early and take a penalty. 

See a guy coming at you, turn your back, lower your head, jump into the boards. Should get a call.

I don't remember any 5 minute majors in all the years and all the hours that I spent playing pond hockey.......

1 minute ago, bcblues said:

I don't remember any 5 minute majors in all the years and all the hours that I spent playing pond hockey.......

The majors in Minnesota youth hockey went through the roof after the two kids broke their necks. Which happen to be about the same age the the poehling sisters. 

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I know.  Just getting frustrated we with this game/weekend.

I was told that the NCHC was formed with the idea that officiating would improve significantly...

• Upvote 4

I completely understand and agree with the fact that the players have to be protected.  But when the rules are being gamed to the point where the players are putting themselves into dangerous situations with the hope of drawing a penalty, something needs to change.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was told that the NCHC was formed with the idea that officiating would improve significantly...

And then they put Don Adams in charge......

Our guys must really be strong. Any time a Clown is touched, he goes down. 

1 minute ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Finally. Can all breathe easy now. For a bit at least.

Not a bit.