SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 FB Recruiting

Nodak78

QB Trey Feeney is just what UND needs. A high-end local recruit that has a ton of potential.  Ultimately, it comes down to wins, but I think he will help UND football grow in popularity. He is a competitive student-athlete, it sounds like; in other words, someone you can build your offense and your entire team around. 

I have a lot of faith in Danny Freund building this offense. I agree that this offense will be explosive in a couple years. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:26 AM, UND Fan said:

The coaches are staying busy...

DE Drew Hughes, 6'3", 270, LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy), IL  Has offer from Miami (OH)

RB Sam Scott, 6', 215, Omaha (North), NE  Has offers from UNI & USD

Hughes will play at Ball State. 

On 5/28/2020 at 9:34 PM, Dustin said:

I rooted so hard against Kevin Feeney....this May take some getting used to! 

I always rooted for Kevin a little bit since he was a Bismarck kid. I remember seeing him on the sidelines at Bismarck High Games standing on the track behind the team throwing 25-30 tight spirals when he was like 4-5 years old.

And I am sure it will be a little family/alma mater confusion as his brother Steve who played at UND has one of his sons playing Baseball for NDSU. His other son is a pitcher for North Carolina State.

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

Seriously?!  Wow, that would seem like a pretty good get for UND, then.

On the news tonight, they said 24/7 sports ranked him as the top running back coming out of the state.  If that’s the case, hopefully they can hold on to him.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

On the news tonight, they said 24/7 sports ranked him as the top running back coming out of the state.  If that’s the case, hopefully they can hold on to him.

Wonder if Army and Air Force wanted him at LB but UND said they'd use him at RB.  Looks like a powerful runner who has some speed.  Might be a little like Brady O.....which is a good thing!

54 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Imagel

Jaden Norby.  4th commit for the Hawks.

UND 360 sees him as a perfect TE fit for Danny's offense. I think he can slide into the role Cloyd had this last year. Looks like they have very similar sizes.

This feels like we're doing a franchise draft on Madden and going all offense.  Would like to see some guys on D, but it's still way too early to say how the overall class will look.  I do like the guys we've gotten so far tho. Let's keep it rolling.