SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season
On 11/13/2020 at 10:06 PM, tnt said:

With those and the added cushion of the hair, we should significantly reduce the risk of concussion.:wink:

I’m not criticizing the “helmet pads”, but I don’t think we have conclusive evidence that the “helmet pads”, with or without the hair, reduce concussions. We can reduce head trauma by stopping the stupid helmet to helmet celebratory head banging. No studies on what effect that has. 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Would have been nice if they could have streamed the 50 play scrimmage, given us something.  Seems like there was so little coverage of fall camp.  Miller maybe couldn't even go to practice though due to them not letting people in due to Covid? 

Always love the 360 write ups. 

One of my big takeaways, and what made me optimistic on the Defensive side of the ball, is their thought that the defensive line was the biggest question mark. My thought being it will be better than last year, still a work in progress, but only losing 1 guy, there should be a lot of improvement. 

I didn't even think about how this year not counting toward eligibility would completely change how teams went about recruiting. Unless "seniors" are very open and honest this could really throw a wrench into a team. On the other, if your seniors are open and honest this could really help a program build up. Hoping this is something our program using to propel straight to the top of the MVFC.

3 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I didn't even think about how this year not counting toward eligibility would completely change how teams went about recruiting. Unless "seniors" are very open and honest this could really throw a wrench into a team. On the other, if your seniors are open and honest this could really help a program build up. Hoping this is something our program using to propel straight to the top of the MVFC.

In my opinion it’s not only what returns but his summer will likely see more available transfers than ever before.  If you have holes, there will be opportunity to fill them with grown men looking to play another year as 6th/7th?? year seniors.  

16 hours ago, coltssiouxfan said:

So only 1000 of us are gonna be let into football.... I wonder who will be the lucky few to get in? 

Where did you see only 1000?

Champion club members will get priority depending on what status they are. Then they'll go by season ticket holders.

31 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Where did you see only 1000?

Champion club members will get priority depending on what status they are. Then they'll go by season ticket holders.

The numbers for attendance was announced Tuesday.  The 1000 tickets allowed for both football and hockey will be distributed first to parents of players, in football, that chews up quite a few, I don't know if they will provide tickets to opposing teams parents this year (they normally do).  After parents it's the companies that have trade agreements with the athletic dept. IE All the Rydell vehicles driven by the athletic dept are traded out for mostly tickets to sports.  There are quite a few others that trade services with athletics for tickets. Rydell is probably the biggest. After the trade outs, any tickets left will go to the top Champions Club contributors.