SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Because throwing the ball always means you are a leader? I get this is often the case, but when you have nothing but Freshman, they would have to be pretty exceptional in the leadership department.

I agree.  Didn't Keven Klancher start as a freshman, not sure if he was a captain that year or not...but I'm guessing not.  Or did he just have to play as a freshman due to injury, can't remember. 

Captain choices this year look good and about what I'd expect, no surprises.  At least we don't have the 2nd string QB as a captain....which happened while Kett was here. 

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Because throwing the ball always means you are a leader? I get this is often the case, but when you have nothing but Freshman, they would have to be pretty exceptional in the leadership department.

If you’re a QB you better be a leader.  Good point about all being freshman.

2 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Best of luck to UND this weird spring season. 
I'm an NDSU guy obviously, but this year is gonna be really strange.

We don't have a proven QB right now, and definitely did not look good against Central Arkansas (although it was a super weird situation for sure)

Gonna be anyone's guess what will happen in the MVFC! My assumption is that NDSU will lose a game for sure, maybe 2. They will probably not look as dominating as the past decade. 

I actually would like for UND to be more competitive, for the state of North Dakota...eventually I would think both schools will move to FBS, although UND is a bit behind in that, just based off budget, fan base, etc...

It’ll be interesting to see NDSU at home for a full slate without the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

We could see where we have fans by spring. I think majority of Americans will have been vaccinated by then and we will be returning to more normal times. I also feel there could be big crowds because people are so tired of being cooped up they will want to get out enjoy things again and i don't think people will stand for isolation after we have been vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

With a year under his belt as offensive coordinator, I'm guessing Danny has reviewed what worked well and what maybe didn't work as well and he'll likely be an even better play caller this next year than he was for the 2019 season.  I'd say he was a success and was a good choice for the position.  If our OL can actually get a push now that they have some size, that will only make his job easier.

Should be lots of good NFL playoff games in January to tied us over until we get to February and some UND football! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

With a year under his belt as offensive coordinator, I'm guessing Danny has reviewed what worked well and what maybe didn't work as well and he'll likely be an even better play caller this next year than he was for the 2019 season.  I'd say he was a success and was a good choice for the position.  If our OL can actually get a push now that they have some size, that will only make his job easier.

Should be lots of good NFL playoff games in January to tied us over until we get to February and some UND football! 

all eyes on our new d coordinator....interesting to see if he revamps everything or stick to eric's plan...

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

all eyes on our new d coordinator....interesting to see if he revamps everything or stick to eric's plan...

Yep for sure.  While we lost Bennett on the D line, I think with the other guys gaining more weight and having another year of experience, I think it could bet a net positive for the D line this year, we'll see.  I'm really anxious to see that new freshman NG getting a few snaps.  He's going to be the type of guy we need in the middle once he gets some reps and experience.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

Yep for sure.  While we lost Bennett on the D line, I think with the other guys gaining more weight and having another year of experience, I think it could bet a net positive for the D line this year, we'll see.  I'm really anxious to see that new freshman NG getting a few snaps.  He's going to be the type of guy we need in the middle once he gets some reps and experience.  

kinda fun to have fbs then fcs....lots of football to watch yet this winter/spring

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kinda fun to have fbs then fcs....lots of football to watch yet this winter/spring

Yeah, I don't think I would want this setup every year, but I'll take some UND football any way I can get it this year. Like you said, lots of football yet to watch, and that is definitely a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, I don't think I would want this setup every year, but I'll take some UND football any way I can get it this year. Like you said, lots of football yet to watch, and that is definitely a good thing.

Especially because the season would have been over by now.  Not gonna lie, it feels great, in JANUARY, being able to look forward to football season in only a few weeks!  Makes for a much less depressing winter!  This past fall however........ ughhhh.  Not worth it long term hahah  

• Upvote 1