SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

9 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Sad to hear of the passing of Irv Cross, but damn...seeing some of those old 'NFL Today' promotional cast photos takes me right back to my childhood.

I was endlessly fascinated by, and will never forget, Jimmy "The Greek."  What a personality he was.  And Irv was the perfect, smooth and mellow antidote to Brent Musburger, who has to be the most universally unloved, "why's he always pulling for the other team?" CFB sportscaster of all time.

Sports on TV without much in the way of gimmick or hype.  Seems so quaint and pure in retrospect.

I also dearly miss halftime highlights on Monday Night Football, when there was no other way to see what happened around the league the day before.  Now get off my lawn!

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Sad to hear of the passing of Irv Cross, but damn...seeing some of those old 'NFL Today' promotional cast photos takes me right back to my childhood.

I was endlessly fascinated by, and will never forget, Jimmy "The Greek."  What a personality he was.  And Irv was the perfect, smooth and mellow antidote to Brent Musburger, who has to be the most universally unloved, "why's he always pulling for the other team?" CFB sportscaster of all time.

Sports on TV without much in the way of gimmick or hype.  Seems so quaint and pure in retrospect.

I also dearly miss halftime highlights on Monday Night Football, when there was no other way to see what happened around the league the day before.  Now get off my lawn!

This post brought a smile to my face. 

:)

I do remember the half time highlights So right about the only way to see them.

Ugh. Getting old

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 4:22 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

49ers traded up to the third pick yesterday and basically said, we're taking Mac Jones with the 3rd pick. 

There is some speculation that they traded up to take Lance from NDSU too.   Time will tell

2 hours ago, Hawkster said:

There is some speculation that they traded up to take Lance from NDSU too.   Time will tell

That wouldn't be a bad spot for him to land.  I truly think he needs to go to a place where he can sit for a year (a la Mahomes) and then turn him loose. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Lance to the 49ers

He couldn't have gone to a better place. 

Go crazy Marshall. 

I would think Lance will be a better success story than Wentz in the NFL.  Even though Lance was a Bison I'm still cheering for the guy and wishing him the best of luck.   Wentz though has never impressed me

39 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Spielman trades first round pick. No surprise there.

Didn't get a great return either. Gave back a 4th and got 2 3rd rounders. Should've been able to get 34 from the Jets. Think Spielman just loves to trade and took whatever was there.

10 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Didn't get a great return either. Gave back a 4th and got 2 3rd rounders. Should've been able to get 34 from the Jets. Think Spielman just loves to trade and took whatever was there.

The return equated to an extra 4th round pick in excess of what it "should" have been and he still got his guy at 24. Seems pretty savvy to me.
Plenty of ammo to move up into the 2nd round and get a guy they had on their 1st round big board.

• Upvote 1