SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Trey a bit behind or a bit ahead of his WRs tonight.  Definitely got the arm strength though.

Stick with a nice TD. 

After a slow start he’s looked good. 2 TD passes now. That last one was a laser to his receiver for 6 

5 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I am saying I hope Toivenen makes it. I hope Olivera gets a shot at the NFL one day soon. I am just saying that saying Lance looked completely terrible and lost out there like SIOUXFAN97 said, is a biased take. The vast majority of national NFL analysts did not come away with that take. I  am not sure you could find one that did. My guess is if Lance played for the Kelly Green, SIOUXFAN97’s take would have been different.

nope to that....

I think Trey has the makings with his size and God given ability, but Stick will forever run in the Brooks Bollinger category.  Yes, good enough to be on a roster, but at the same time not a starting guy, and a backup option for teams needing some depth.  The Chargers are set for years at QB with Air Bear, so wonder how long Stick is in LA.  

29 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nope to that....

So if Lance was a UND player you would have said the same thing about Lance. That is complete BS. I think there may be a bit of envy that NDSU was mentioned multiple times on the NFL network tonight. Nobody has said he has been perfect, but lost is not remotely accurate. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think Trey has the makings with his size and God given ability, but Stick will forever run in the Brooks Bollinger category.  Yes, good enough to be on a roster, but at the same time not a starting guy, and a backup option for teams needing some depth.  The Chargers are set for years at QB with Air Bear, so wonder how long Stick is in LA.  

Yeah you are pretty spot on with that analysis. He had a pretty good half though. The other backup Daniel looks like hot trash right now. Stick has had 2 pretty good pre season games thus far. Right now I’d say it’s his job to lose from here on out 

48 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Yeah you are pretty spot on with that analysis. He had a pretty good half though. The other backup Daniel looks like hot trash right now. Stick has had 2 pretty good pre season games thus far. Right now I’d say it’s his job to lose from here on out 

Except that Chase Daniel and the new coaching staff have a long history together. It will be extremely hard for this coaching staff to cut Daniel from what I have heard from Charger beat writers.

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

So if Lance was a UND player you would have said the same thing about Lance. That is complete BS. I think there may be a bit of envy that NDSU was mentioned multiple times on the NFL network tonight. Nobody has said he has been perfect, but lost is not remotely accurate. 

IDK, There might be some truth to what he is saying because he hates our QB as well :lol:

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Except that Chase Daniel and the new coaching staff have a long history together. It will be extremely hard for this coaching staff to cut Daniel from what I have heard from Charger beat writers.

If he gets put on the practice squad I can see him getting picked up by somebody else. Another positive to keep him on the 53 man squad is he’d be a lot cheaper than Daniel 

12 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

That may be so...the Chargers may be weighing the choice of having a competent backup (in Stick) or a pseudo-assistant coach to help mentor Herbert (in Daniel).  That being said...if Stick continues to play solidly this preseason he'll get a shot with another team when the final cut roster turnover mess gets sorted out.

16 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

i've been consistent on this...giving that kind of money to a guy that played 16 fcs games against schools like st thomas and northern iowa is nutz!  

trevor was the obvious choice at 1 but the next three will be fun to watch...just think that fields should'be gone before zac and trey imo.

quite a few throws trey had last night were waaay wild....

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Trey a bit behind or a bit ahead of his WRs tonight.  Definitely got the arm strength though.

Stick with a nice TD. 

stick's td ...he was actually throwing to the guy at the goal line and overthrew him to the guy in the back of the endzone.

Wentz out again, this time for covid protocol.    Looks like Indy is already fed up with him.   One sports writer for the Colts is saying he'll help Wentz pack if he wants to leave.  Ouch.   Looks like the Bison Bust isn't wanted anywhere anymore. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7174861-McFeely-blog-Wentz-getting-destroyed-in-Indy-after-he-goes-on-COVID-19-list.-He-deserves-it.

7 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Wentz out again, this time for covid protocol.    Looks like Indy is already fed up with him.   One sports writer for the Colts is saying he'll help Wentz pack if he wants to leave.  Ouch.   Looks like the Bison Bust isn't wanted anywhere anymore. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7174861-McFeely-blog-Wentz-getting-destroyed-in-Indy-after-he-goes-on-COVID-19-list.-He-deserves-it.

you would maybe expect this on the coast but last i checked indy is landlocked in that crappy fly over country?

• 2 weeks later...