NFL

SiouxFan100

On 7/30/2021 at 10:17 PM, Irish said:

Is Wentz made of glass?

On 7/31/2021 at 9:27 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

gf hockey might disagree....show me your w2

And, gf hockey can
Support the local Pubs
Send text without spell or grammar check / everyone still understands his message
Hit the ground without personal injury

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Too many silly fights at NFL games in the stands. I don’t remember it used to be like this. I don’t think this is happening at college games. 

I've never understood the whole "we cheer for different teams let's fight!" at NFL games. 

I do enjoy the videos though. "SUNS IN 4!" guy is a legend. 

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

it'll be interesting to watch trey and fields....trey with the long bomb to start off the game and after that looked totally lost....fields looked good.  

I'd say Lance has a future in the NFL.   I didn't see the game Saturday night but from what I've read on line it sounds like he did pretty good considering he was playing with second team.   It appears for now the 40's won't let him use his greatest strength, which is his running ability.

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

I'd say Lance has a future in the NFL.   I didn't see the game Saturday night but from what I've read on line it sounds like he did pretty good considering he was playing with second team.   It appears for now the 40's won't let him use his greatest strength, which is his running ability.

after his first td it was bad...really bad...stared down two wr's that should've been easy int's (which is why db's are failed wr's)....threw some flat foot horrible passes and didn't get rid of the ball when the blitz came (boy this NFL stuff is much much much faster than u of st thomas?) and got sacked about 4 or five times....

On 8/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

after his first td it was bad...really bad...stared down two wr's that should've been easy int's (which is why db's are failed wr's)....threw some flat foot horrible passes and didn't get rid of the ball when the blitz came (boy this NFL stuff is much much much faster than u of st thomas?) and got sacked about 4 or five times....

Take off your Kelly Green glasses. Lance played well considering he is being handcuffed by being told to stay in the pocket and not to run, plus having very little to no time to throw. He had at least 3 passes that were blatant drops. It certainly wasn’t perfect but he was not lost out there.

Fields was given the freedom to take off and run if he wanted which made his stay line look much better. If and when the 49ers decide to play Lance in the regular season, the playbook will open up and he can use his legs to his advantage.

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, Kab said:

Anyone know if Travis played in Vegas?

I see they cut 6 players today, looked like defensive players and signed 1 defensive player 

On 8/16/2021 at 4:24 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no stat line but i saw he posted a pic of what looked like live action tho?

Travis 1 catch for 22yds.  

Here are the stats

Here is the receiver box stats for Seahawks vs Denver.

sea.png&h=100&w=100Seattle Receiving
  REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
John Ursua 3 34 11.3 0 13 3
Cade Johnson 3 34 11.3 0 17 7
DeeJay Dallas 3 27 9.0 0 16 3
Aaron Fuller 2 25 12.5 0 13 4
Travis Toivonen 1 22 22.0 0 22 5
Alex Collins 2 17 8.5 0 10 2
Cody Thompson 1 15 15.0 0 15 2
Connor Wedington 2 13 6.5 0 10 3
Josh Johnson 1 7 7.0 0 7 1
Rashaad Penny 1 6 6.0 0 6 2
Darece Roberson 2 5 2.5 0 3 2
Cam Sutton 1 4 4.0 0 4 2
TEAM 22 209 9.5 0 22 36

Just now, Nodak78 said:

Travis 1 catch for 22yds.  

Here are the stats

Here is the receiver box stats for Seahawks vs Denver.

sea.png&h=100&w=100Seattle Receiving
  REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
John Ursua 3 34 11.3 0 13 3
Cade Johnson 3 34 11.3 0 17 7
DeeJay Dallas 3 27 9.0 0 16 3
Aaron Fuller 2 25 12.5 0 13 4
Travis Toivonen 1 22 22.0 0 22 5
Alex Collins 2 17 8.5 0 10 2
Cody Thompson 1 15 15.0 0 15 2
Connor Wedington 2 13 6.5 0 10 3
Josh Johnson 1 7 7.0 0 7 1
Rashaad Penny 1 6 6.0 0 6 2
Darece Roberson 2 5 2.5 0 3 2
Cam Sutton 1 4 4.0 0 4 2
TEAM 22 209 9.5 0 22 36

I hope he can hook on to a practice squad somewhere at the very least 

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You're right, it was closer to 5. You left out the 2 passes that defensive backs dropped. 

We will have to wait and see how Tommy “the gun” Schuster does in 4 years in his first NFL preseason game. Maybe he will look like a seasoned pro .

23 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

We will have to wait and see how Tommy “the gun” Schuster does in 4 years in his first NFL preseason game. Maybe he will look like a seasoned pro .

Tommy with nothing gun like as far as arm strength goes....:lol:

I'm hoping Trey makes it.  Is the learning curve a bit more for him than a guy like Fields because he spent a year running from Fighting Hawk linebackers while Fields was running from Alabama linebackers??  Probably.  I think in the long run Trey has a better shot to make it based on his head coach's offensive scheme (and it isn't Chicago).

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

What does that have to do with absolutely anything? 

If you're going to feel the need to run lm around the internet defending someone by tossing out hypotheticals, then don't be surprised when someone responds in kind. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Tommy with nothing gun like as far as arm strength goes....:lol:

I'm hoping Trey makes it.  Is the learning curve a bit more for him than a guy like Fields because he spent a year running from Fighting Hawk linebackers while Fields was running from Alabama linebackers??  Probably.  I think in the long run Trey has a better shot to make it based on his head coach's offensive scheme (and it isn't Chicago).

I’ll take Kyle over Nagy any day.

I hope to catch some of the game tonight to see how he does in week 2 in preseason.

53 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What does that have to do with absolutely anything? 

If you're going to feel the need to run lm around the internet defending someone by tossing out hypotheticals, then don't be surprised when someone responds in kind. 

I am saying I hope Toivenen makes it. I hope Olivera gets a shot at the NFL one day soon. I am just saying that saying Lance looked completely terrible and lost out there like SIOUXFAN97 said, is a biased take. The vast majority of national NFL analysts did not come away with that take. I  am not sure you could find one that did. My guess is if Lance played for the Kelly Green, SIOUXFAN97’s take would have been different.

45 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I’ll take Kyle over Nagy any day.

I hope to catch some of the game tonight to see how he does in week 2 in preseason.

Kyle Shanahan has a fabulous offensive mind.  Nagy had a pretty good athlete with Trubisky and couldn't do squat with him.  I see the same fate for Fields.  The 49ers have a good o-line and they can pound the rock.  Not a Jimmy G fan at all.  Gotta be traded at some point because I can't see him making 24 million with Trey in year two.

• Upvote 1