SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

5 minutes ago, burd said:

One D man I loved for his pure defensive performance but who flew pretty much under the radar was Matt Jones.   Not close to JBD's talent level but really good at his job. 

Agree

26 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Anybody remember Nick Naumenko?  He could control a game from the blue line.   We have had so many great defenseman over the years.  Hard to remember all of them.  Last few years with Ladue, Stecher, Tucker and Colton Poolman -  we have been lucky to see all of them over the years. I enjoyed the  physical guys like McWilliams, Smaby, Greene, Schneider too. 

I know one guy who loves him some Nick Naumenko :D @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Curtis Murphy- stood maybe 5'9" with skates on and would stand up anybody at the blue line........leverage and knew how to use it.

He and Glen Klotz were the two best hip checkers I can remember.  Of course if you hip check someone now and send them flying, it would be a penalty for tripping or interference or something of the sort.  Maybe it has become a lost art for a reason.  

2 hours ago, tnt said:

He and Glen Klotz were the two best hip checkers I can remember.  Of course if you hip check someone now and send them flying, it would be a penalty for tripping or interference or something of the sort.  Maybe it has become a lost art for a reason.  

5min major for interference if they lay on the ice and grab their head!  :) 

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Awesome stuff. Love this team.

Give Keaner an A next year. That's what I want in a leader. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, burd said:

Coach Berry got a little emotional about that one too. 

If you've ever seen the baseball movie "Eight Men Out" when Joe Jackson requests to not play in the World Series game #1:

Pinto: I don't really feel like playing today, Coach.
Berry: You'll play, Pinto!  You'll play! 

9 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

Curtis Murphy- stood maybe 5'9" with skates on and would stand up anybody at the blue line........leverage and knew how to use it.

I still remember him and a much bigger opponent meeting face to face at speed behind the net, the big guy bounced backward, Curt didn't budge an inch.  He was fun to watch, and yes he had that hip check down to a science.

I was bored last night so I was just messing around with CHN's pairwise tool that lets you modify game outcomes.

If Canisius had swept us again this year, we'd still be #3 in the pairwise.

Of course, none of us would still be around to see it.  :p

52 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

I was bored last night so I was just messing around with CHN's pairwise tool that lets you modify game outcomes.

If Canisius had swept us again this year, we'd still be #3 in the pairwise.

Of course, none of us would still be around to see it.  :p

Not hard to imagine that drama.   :D

On 3/4/2020 at 8:32 AM, burd said:

One D man I loved for his pure defensive performance but who flew pretty much under the radar was Matt Jones.   Not close to JBD's talent level but really good at his job. 

I still remember watching his brother when he looked like he was going to go into the penalty box to get a guy. Ref stopped him, put him in his own box, and I don't think he sat down or stopped yelling across the scorekeeper for the full 2 minutes. Good stuff!