SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

On 2/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, dustnyou said:

This is exactly the biggest problem with the REA atmosphere. Exciting plays on the ice with crowd loud and on their feet followed by an advertisement rather than replays, music, etc. The commercialization kills the atmosphere. Didn’t have this at the old Ralph. 

This public service announcement was brought to you by Acme Tools, The Donut Hole, and Hugo’s. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And the announcement of the announcement was brought to you by RydellCars.com

They used to use the big screen to get the crowd into it, the best one I can remember was a game against CC. Two CC players went to the penalty box, the screen showed two girls with long hair take off their helmets sitting next to each other in the penalty box, so if you looked at the screen you’d of thought it was the two players who just received penalties. I get that the arena wants to generate funds, but they should also worry about generating enthusiasm! 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, mattim said:

They used to use the big screen to get the crowd into it, the best one I can remember was a game against CC. Two CC players went to the penalty box, the screen showed two girls with long hair take off their helmets sitting next to each other in the penalty box, so if you looked at the screen you’d of thought it was the two players who just received penalties. I get that the arena wants to generate funds, but they should also worry about generating enthusiasm! 

There used to be a lot of that stuff with the penalty box...like playing "allllll byyyy my-self" or putting 2 guys in there on the kiss cam

I think the beer song has been overplayed at the new Ralph.  It used to be like a play once after a big game moment late in the third period and the whole crowd got into it.  Now if they score you can almost guarantee after the next stop they'll play it.

The band marching in the hallway is a cool thing.  Adds some between periods atmosphere. 

The "Blue Face Ice Cream Kids" (they sit right behind us) is kind of fun. The student section Saturday started chanting "Ice Cream Kids" to "Let's Go Sioux" at one point.

But I'm sure like the "Beer Lady" the Ice Cream Kids will get cut out too due to someone b**ching about child exploitation.

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think the beer song has been overplayed at the new Ralph.  It used to be like a play once after a big game moment late in the third period and the whole crowd got into it.  Now if they score you can almost guarantee after the next stop they'll play it.

The band marching in the hallway is a cool thing.  Adds some between periods atmosphere. 

The beer song is played after all goals and in the hallways... so...

Hahaha maybe you got used us not scoring a lot the past two seasons. I'll take it around 4 times a game, for sure :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The "Blue Face Ice Cream Kids" (they sit right behind us) is kind of fun. The student section Saturday started chanting "Ice Cream Kids" to "Let's Go Sioux" at one point.

But I'm sure like the "Beer Lady" the Ice Cream Kids will get cut out too due to someone b**ching about child exploitation

Promoting childhood obesity. 

5 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

"in Heaven There is No Beer" is only played after a goal is scored. That is our goal song. Has been for a long time.

Maybe I drank too much during my time at UND.  I can't remember it being played that much.  I'm probably wrong. :lol:

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

The beer song is played after all goals and in the hallways... so...

Hahaha maybe you got used us not scoring a lot the past two seasons. I'll take it around 4 times a game, for sure :D

I just can't remember them playing it that much as a student, or as a kid at the old Ralph.  I'm probably wrong. ;)

On 2/10/2020 at 12:43 PM, Big Green said:

Yes, The last couple games I've been to there has been a graphic up on the scoreboard "Let go Hawk" trying to get the "Lets go Hawks" cheer going.  I few people chant "Lets go Sioux" but that is about it.

I really like the "Go Hawks Go" video display/cheer starter that was displayed during the Denver series. In my opinion, it's far better than "Let's Go Hawks" for two important reasons:

1. "Let's Go Hawks" is too similar to "Let's Go Sioux", and therefore leads to competition to see whether Hawks or Sioux can be louder.

2. "Go" is a much better ending word for a cheer - it echoes and resonates like "Sioux" does since it ends with a vowel.

I encourage everyone to give it a try the next time it comes up - a louder arena is always a better arena.

Here's to hockey!

Dave

• Upvote 1

CHR "wins needed to likely end at PWR" updated for this week (thanks @jimdahl

It's down to two teams for PWR1*, and one of them would have to win out. Seems UND is in the driver's seat.

It's down to three teams for PWR2, and one is the near lock for PWR1 and one would have to win out (Cornell). Seems Mankato is the likely PWR2. 

Cornell seems likely PWR3 as it only needs a win to get there. The competition has to go perfect (or 5 of 6 in UMD's case). 

PWR4, the last regional 1 seed, is where the the next couple weeks will bring clarity. 

*Shouldn't there be a "President's Trophy" type award for the team that ends the regular season at PWR1? 

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

CHR "wins needed to likely end at PWR" updated for this week (thanks @jimdahl

It's down to two teams for PWR1*, and one of them would have to win out. Seems UND is in the driver's seat.

It's down to three teams for PWR2, and one is the near lock for PWR1 and one would have to win out (Cornell). Seems Mankato is the likely PWR2. 

Cornell seems likely PWR3 as it only needs a win to get there. The competition has to go perfect (or 5 of 6 in UMD's case). 

PWR4, the last regional 1 seed, is where the the next couple weeks will bring clarity. 

*Shouldn't there be a "President's Trophy" type award for the team that ends the regular season at PWR1? 

Your Sicatoka Honorary President's Trophy award winners since 02-03:

image.png.b8714b23214edcf6a31243c4a77a6dac.png

2 time winners: BC, Minnesota, Quinnipiac, St. Cloud.  UND would join that group this year.

• Upvote 1