SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

49 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Every center cheats on the draw...it’s kind of like offensive line holding in the NFL...to what degree 

What does he do specifically...I'm just asking for the uninformed...like me.

27 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I haven’t watched Washe specifically, but generally speaking it’s about not standing square, keeping your stick slightly above the ice, putting your stick into the red dot, not honoring the attacking player first stick on ice rule, etc.  

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Why the hate? or is it envy. The kid is going to be in the NHL someday, hopefully not too soon.

Schloss tweeted that Pinto lead NCHC rookies goals, points, ppg, gwg, sog, faceoff wins, and faceoff win percentage. Also first among rookie forwards in +/-. Whoever didn't have him on their ballots should be embarrassed. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Schloss tweeted that Pinto lead NCHC rookies goals, points, ppg, gwg, sog, faceoff wins, and faceoff win percentage. Also first among rookie forwards in +/-. Whoever didn't have him on their ballots should be embarrassed. 

Brink of DU actually had a higher ppg average than Pinto in NCHC games.

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

But does ppg stand for points per game or power play goals? ???

Well the stat Schloss posted must be power play goals...

Brink - 17 pts in 16 league games (.94 points per game)

Pinto - 19 points in 23 league games (.83 points per game)

4 hours ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Would guess Gabinet and the Omaha gang would likely have left Pinto off their ballots.

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Dave Berger in a reply to Schloss said both voters were from Omaha.

Not sure if that's true or not, but looking at some of the ballots over the years there have been a few tragedies for a couple different players. 

Gabinet doesn’t have to worry about retribution since he doesn’t have the talent to make all league teams anyway, thanks to his coaching.  

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Gabinet doesn’t have to worry about retribution since he doesn’t have the talent to make all league teams anyway, thanks to his coaching.  

I wonder how much rope Gabinet gets? I know it’s only his second or third season but how many below average seasons will he get? (As many as the CC coach?).