Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Meanwhile, in other news, the ten-year Treasury hit a new record low today. Stock brokers jumping out of windows. 

They've been saying that about the yield every day for the last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2019-2020 wish list:  put away the black jerseys for a while.  Let’s not embarrass our tradition anymore by breaking them out for “must-win” games 20 times a year.

I'm going to miss Jones on this team.  He was only with the team for two years, but he sure played the game the right way. Always hustling. Best of luck to the seniors going out.  On to 19

As a season ticket holder for both football and hockey I can tell you that you are delusional and have some odd ax to grind.  What do you think happens to fans? - It's not "wow, an article about Ryan

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Screenshot_20200305-171336.png

 

SMH

But the TV with the attractive talking head reading her corporate-approved script said the coronavirus was real, deadly & out of control, so it must be true. Obviously, because we all know that the TV & Google are synonymous with Truth, never agendas.

 

Substitute flu for corona.

 

Fear porn.

 

Question everything. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/05/bracketology-time-ticking-down-on-which-teams-will-qualify-for-2020-ncaa-hockey-tournament/

Both predict UND in Loveland along with #6 DU.
That makes no sense to me.  The first bracket attempt had this in Albany:

1 North Dakota
8 Massachusetts
9 Clarkson
16 Atlantic Hockey champion

But then they wanted to move Cornell to help attendance, so it ends up as this in Loveland:

1 North Dakota
6 Denver
11 Ohio State
16 Atlantic Hockey champion

Seems to be screwing over the potential #1 overall just to marginally help out attendance in Albany (do Cornell fans even travel?), which potentially sets up a stronger 2nd round opponent for the #1 overall seed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brianvf said:

https://www.uscho.com/2020/03/05/bracketology-time-ticking-down-on-which-teams-will-qualify-for-2020-ncaa-hockey-tournament/

Both predict UND in Loveland along with #6 DU.
That makes no sense to me.  The first bracket attempt had this in Albany:

1 North Dakota
8 Massachusetts
9 Clarkson
16 Atlantic Hockey champion

But then they wanted to move Cornell to help attendance, so it ends up as this in Loveland:

1 North Dakota
6 Denver
11 Ohio State
16 Atlantic Hockey champion

Seems to be screwing over the potential #1 overall just to marginally help out attendance in Albany (do Cornell fans even travel?), which potentially sets up a stronger 2nd round opponent for the #1 overall seed.

Albany and Allentown are close to the same distance from Cornell. 
 

CHN seems to think Albany is the spot for UND as you can put a 1/16 and 8/9 matchup there. That puts Cornell in Allentown. And if it’s not much of a travel difference, well...

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Screenshot_20200305-171336.png

 

SMH

Guys bear hug, hit, scrap, sweat on each other, go cage to cage talking big kid college talk.....etc...

By the time we get to the handshake line its probably too late. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Guys bear hug, hit, scrap, sweat on each other, go cage to cage talking big kid college talk.....etc...

By the time we get to the handshake line its probably too late. :lol:

Sneezing on the goalie might just get you a misconduct.  :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4988522-UND-takes-Penrose-Cup-outright-with-victory-over-Omaha-to-close-regular-season

 

Quote

Playing without Hobey Baker Award candidate and leading scorer Jordan Kawaguchi, who was injured in the first period of Friday’s game, UND used two goals and an assist from defenseman Jacob Bernard-Docker and goals by Westin Michaud, Poolman and Cole Smith to seal the victory.

There's better news yet: Berry said Kawaguchi will definitely be back this season.

"One-hundred percent," Berry said. "I wouldn't rule him out for next weekend here. He made tremendous improvements over the last 24 hours."

Heal up for next weekend Gooch.
Bring on the Tigers, let's do this!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring break starts Friday after classes are over. Should be lots of tickets available with students heading home/off to spring break. IF....IF you are a season ticket holder don't be an a** clown and try to make a killing selling your tickets if you can't use them. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Spring break starts Friday after classes are over. Should be lots of tickets available with students heading home/off to spring break. IF....IF you are a season ticket holder don't be an a** clown and try to make a killing selling your tickets if you can't use them. 

the students are wimps!  We found places to stay so that we could stick around for this series!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Playoff time is finally here! My take on this team is that depth is their strength. I know they have tried to add a little fire to the Pinto-Michaud line by moving Weatherby there but I don't think that moved the needle enough from Caulfield to keep it together. Again I feel depth is our strength and having a lineup of Guch(hopefully this weekend!)-Adams-MishMash, Michaud-Pinto-Caulfield, Smith-Senden-Hain, and Blaisdell-Weatherby-Bowen (Yon) and rolling 4 lines can really wear down teams. I think this lineup gives us our best shot moving forward and you can always move Weatherby up to the Pinto line when shortening the bench. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I Ranger said:

So Playoff time is finally here! My take on this team is that depth is their strength. I know they have tried to add a little fire to the Pinto-Michaud line by moving Weatherby there but I don't think that moved the needle enough from Caulfield to keep it together. Again I feel depth is our strength and having a lineup of Guch(hopefully this weekend!)-Adams-MishMash, Michaud-Pinto-Caulfield, Smith-Senden-Hain, and Blaisdell-Weatherby-Bowen (Yon) and rolling 4 lines can really wear down teams. I think this lineup gives us our best shot moving forward and you can always move Weatherby up to the Pinto line when shortening the bench. 

I do not think they are putting Caulfield back on that line.  I also don’t think Weatherby is going off that line. It was the only line they didn’t change on Saturday night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 7:16 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Spring break starts Friday after classes are over. Should be lots of tickets available with students heading home/off to spring break. IF....IF you are a season ticket holder don't be an a** clown and try to make a killing selling your tickets if you can't use them. 

 

On 12/8/2016 at 1:45 PM, Oxbow6 said:

All about supply and demand........pretty simple.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I do not think they are putting Caulfield back on that line.  I also don’t think Weatherby is going off that line. It was the only line they didn’t change on Saturday night. 

I agree.....you don't need a lot of minutes from your fourth line in the National tournament with all of the TV timeouts. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I agree.....you don't need a lot of minutes from your fourth line in the National tournament with all of the TV timeouts. 

I agree but we will still roll four lines and I don't think there was any difference in that line inserting Weatherby over Caulfield. I could argue it was better in previous weeks with Caulfield . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I agree but we will still roll four lines and I don't think there was any difference in that line inserting Weatherby over Caulfield. I could argue it was better in previous weeks with Caulfield . 

Considering Caulfield didn’t even make the trip to Omaha, I think it is obvious he’s fighting for a spot on the 4th line. You can have your opinion, but it seems unlikely to happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, as15 said:

So does Pinto beat out Bobby Brink for NCHC Rookie of the Year?  You can easily make a case for either of them.

NCHC

Pinto  23 games  19 points  (11 goals, 8 a)  .83 ppg  +/-  +10

Brink  17 games  16 points  ( 6 goals, 10 a)  .94 ppg  +/-  -1

OVERALL

Pinto 33 games  28 points (16 goals, 12 a)  .85 ppg  +/-   +19

Brink  28 games  24 points  (11 goals, 13 a)  .86 ppg  +/-  +1

Overall, it looks pretty even if you look at points per game although Brink does have the advantage in conference games.  Pinto has a decided advantage in +/- (if you care about that) and a slight advantage in blocked shots (11 to 8).  As a center, Pinto took over 500 draws, winning 61% of them; Brink only took 11 draws this year, winning 27% of them.

Pinto was NCHC rookie of the week 3 times; Brink won the award 2 times.  While both are dynamic players, the role Pinto played for UND this season was bigger than what Brink did for DU.  (IMO) 

I'm casting my vote for the guy in green.;)

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

NCHC

Pinto  23 games  19 points  (11 goals, 8 a)  .83 ppg  +/-  +10

Brink  17 games  16 points  ( 6 goals, 10 a)  .94 ppg  +/-  -1

OVERALL

Pinto 33 games  28 points (16 goals, 12 a)  .85 ppg  +/-   +1

Brink  28 games  24 points  (11 goals, 13 a)  .86 ppg  +/-  +19

Overall, it looks pretty even if you look at points per game although Brink does have the advantage in conference games.  Pinto has a decided advantage in +/- (if you care about that) and a slight advantage in blocked shots (11 to 8).  As a center, Pinto took over 500 draws, winning 61% of them; Brink only took 11 draws this year, winning 27% of them.

Pinto was NCHC rookie of the week 3 times; Brink won the award 2 times.  While both are dynamic players, the role Pinto played for UND this season was bigger than what Brink did for DU.  (IMO) 

I'm casting my vote for the guy in green.;)

 

I tend to agree with you, and I think most voters will.  It is very close, but Pinto's goal totals and the fact that he plays center very effectively puts him over the top.  How many times this year has he taken and won a key defensive zone draw?  Pretty rare to trust a freshman like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Brink was -1 in conference and +19 overall?

UPDATED....I had them switched around...Brink was -1 in conference and +1 overall.  Pinto was +10 in conference and +19 overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...