SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

59 minutes ago, Beaumont said:

The Defense will play big! You have the best Secondary in the conference! They will fill the gap left open by seniors left. UND finishes 10-1 with a Victory over NDSU! Not a Surprise win! Nor upset! UND will beat NDSU straight up! I said that!! Your Defense will step up and will be respected!! Mason is going to lead the Charge!! And They will follow his lead! UND has no Stress! People counting them out already!! 10-1

Is this guy on drugs?

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Weather doesn't seem to be a factor for hockey.  I think the schedule is actually pretty good, and it absolutely isn't the schedule's fault if attendance is bad.

Drake - at home for the first game of the season
Sam Houston - traditional power early in the season - huge game for both programs
UC Davis - top 10 FCS team
Montana State - top 25 FCS team with large fan base
UNC and SUU - should be important games with playoff implications.

Sets up to be a quality schedule, IMO.  If there is poor attendance, it will either be because the team isn't in the playoff picture, or because we have a lousy fan base.

Schedule goes home, away, home, away, home, away, away, home, away, home, home.  Seems pretty balanced in that department too.  

Edit: you missed the Oct 5 home game.

What you are missing is that twice there are three weeks between home games, that just creates a gap for keeping the casual fans interest. 

7 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Last season if we score 1 more TD in every game we go 9-2 and the 2 losses would have been to #9 FBS Washington and NAU to finish the season.  1 frickin' TD and we had a disaster at OC.

Ifs and buts...candy and nuts.

2 hours ago, Beaumont said:

The Defense will play big! You have the best Secondary in the conference! They will fill the gap left open by seniors left. UND finishes 10-1 with a Victory over NDSU! Not a Surprise win! Nor upset! UND will beat NDSU straight up! I said that!! Your Defense will step up and will be respected!! Mason is going to lead the Charge!! And They will follow his lead! UND has no Stress! People counting them out already!! 10-1

I like the way you think

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

I can find 7 wins in our schedule, finding 8 wins is tough. 

Exactly.  At first I was ok with two bye weeks, since we had....three years in a row I think without a bye week during the season.  But I'm thinking if we had an easy game scheduled, we could have gotten to 8 wins and given the strength of our schedule been in the playoffs.  If we go 7-4 I'm not sure what will happen, with most teams playing 12 games I wonder how that is going to play out come playoff time.  We can't have any bad losses this year, and need to knock off a few of the top teams we play.  

50 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

i get it, but the point was if we have an average OC last season we are 10-1 and hosting lots of playoff games.  

Yep. The only difference between UND missing the playoffs and making a run at the title was a bad offensive coordinator. 

33 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yep. The only difference between UND missing the playoffs and making a run at the title was a bad offensive coordinator. 

Hey, you're catching on!  Glad you finally see it.

i think a lot of people might be a little delusional about danny being OC....do you really think that a first year OC at ANY level is gonna just be an offensive wizard in the BSC against veteran DC's???  Bubba was one (or two) year too late to make a change...the schedule is brutal next year.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think a lot of people might be a little delusional about danny being OC....do you really think that a first year OC at ANY level is gonna just be an offensive wizard in the MVFC against veteran DC's???  Bubba was one (or two) year too late to make a change...the schedule is brutal next year.

Good point 

I am looking for improvements not miracles 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think a lot of people might be a little delusional about danny being OC....do you really think that a first year OC at ANY level is gonna just be an offensive wizard in the MVFC against veteran DC's???  Bubba was one (or two) year too late to make a change...the schedule is brutal next year.

We're playing a big sky schedule this year. 

On 6/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, geaux_sioux said:

How many screen passes did you count in their career? We’ve covered this topic pretty well on this board. John may have been drafted with Freund as OC. Instead he was asked to pound the A gap when the other team knew exactly what was coming. So, yea, squandered.

Yes oh great NFP mind. Because the last time I checked, NFL offenses use screens like .001 percent of the time. Really hampered John's NFL career.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think a lot of people might be a little delusional about danny being OC....do you really think that a first year OC at ANY level is gonna just be an offensive wizard in the BSC against veteran DC's???  Bubba was one (or two) year too late to make a change...the schedule is brutal next year.

I’m probably gonna let him prove what level of OC he is. I know he’s better than Rudy though, because he has a pulse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I mean, there have been first year offensive coordinators in the NFL that were younger than Danny is that have had success against coordinators with decades more experience, so I guess I'm not sure what age has to do with it one way or another. By no means am I comparing his talent level to that, without a doubt he has to prove it (just responding to your "any level" comment), but he has said all the right things, he isn't stuck to a system and is going to put players in the best spot to succeed and create mismatches. Talk to him for a few minutes, his football knowledge is off the charts. If they can put together consistent O-Line play, the offense is going to be damn fun to watch. 

• Upvote 2