SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Penn St. Nashville 2020-21

FGHTNSX Hawkey14

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

San Diego, Orange County California, Miami, and Phoenix/Glendale could be missed in.

Sounds good. Anywhere that it can be a combination hockey trip and winter vacation should work. I don't have much desire to visit Seattle in October- April. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Where else will we get this much fan support, unless we play in visiting teams home town?

So if 5,000 fans are from each team, one teams 5,000 and we bring 10 to 12,000, what an atmosphere. That would be with over 15,000 fans? There would be some good interaction of the crowd. LV had none of this.

If you want interaction, go to an away game.  Frankly, I am glad I didn’t have to deal with more gopher fans.  Had enough bad experiences on road trips to Minneapolis to last a lifetime!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

If you want interaction, go to an away game.  Frankly, I am glad I didn’t have to deal with more gopher fans.  Had enough bad experiences on road trips to Minneapolis to last a lifetime!

Haha agreed. Gopher fans I ran into in Vegas were all quite nice, but they knew they were greatly outnumbered, haha

Seattle would be a mistake. Wrong time of year to visit, corner of the country, 3rd world traffic, I could go on. 

Here's a dark horse: Kansas City. Sprint Center is in the Power and Light District so fun is nearby. Midwest with easy access by driving or flying. Venue is top notch and begging for more utilization with no major tenant.  Only question is who should the opponent be.

I like the Chicago idea.   Good rink options,  easy fly-in destination, a lot to do in town, and we've recruited from that area in the past.    Maybe fans would get a chance to see three former Sioux playing together for the other Hawks. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see the destinations kept warm, with as few repeats as possible.

Las Vegas was fun, but I don't care if I ever go back to Vegas.

Seattle was gross last time I was there - and that was in June.  Maybe the rain in the winter would at least keep the pot smoke down?

Really looking forward to Nashville.

I like the idea of AZ.  Dallas would even appeal more to me than a cold weather destination, tbh.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Seattle was gross last time I was there - and that was in June.  Maybe the rain in the winter would at least keep the pot smoke down?

I like the idea of AZ.  Dallas would even appeal more to me than a cold weather destination, tbh.

Why not Amalie Arena in Tampa again?

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Agree with this.  It was the first trip to Vegas for my wife and I and we had a good time, but I don't see us going back any time soon.  We went to the outdoor game in Omaha (which doesn't really count as a destination game) and NYC and enjoyed both.  We're really looking forward to Nashville and I'd like to see a few more fresh destinations before we start recycling - Tampa (or elsewhere in Florida), DC, somewhere on the West Coast or AZ all sound nice.

13 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I like Seattle, but I think that would be a mistake. New York and Vegas both draw travelers on their own and offer a lot to tourists. DC (capital tourism) and Orlando (Disney, Universal, beach) would be great. Not sure Seattle would have that draw. 

I was out there for the UW football game earlier this year (admittedly a slightly different time of the year which could make a small difference) and loved it. There is a ton to do in the downtown and surrounding areas. Would definitely go back again.

I do agree to your point that it isn't NYC or DC for "tourist" destination but what is.