SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

Can’t wait for the 30th! Even with the year we had last year the hype for this season for me is damn never, if not more, then the levels it was before last season started. Having Harris back is huge, the qb competition going on and all the other buzz around this team is great! Got the tailgate rig out last weekend to do some touch up repairs and some upgrades! Really excited about that. Was gonna ask what everybody thinks about a couple of ge changes they’ve made to tailgating this year? They changed the layout of the lots up and I do like that, our spots are a lot closer now which I like! Not a fan of the lot opening up 5 hours before game, I like it last year where you could come early! 

Go Hawks!

• Upvote 2

throw last year away...this team should be bigger/faster/better than the team that pissed away the richmond game...i see us as the favorite against sam houston state...50 rushes 350 yds (200 for jon...150 for brady) on the ground...pound the rock

35-10 und

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

throw last year away...this team should be bigger/faster/better than the team that pissed away the richmond game...i see us as the favorite against sam houston state...50 rushes 350 yds (200 for jon...150 for brady) on the ground...pound the rock

35-10 und

Wow, I thought I was optimistic about the season. The only disagreement I have is that we will be the favorite at Sam Houston. An away game against a top 5 team, definitely not the favorite, but certainly winnable. I've said it before, NDSU basically handed over the blueprint on how to beat Same Houston. We have the talent to do so, as long as we utilize it.

Should be a fun game for sure.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I saw or heard an interview with Rudy or Bubba that they were going to have all three running backs on the field at once.  Anyone else catch that?  

Last year this time those same rumors were floating around, then the 2017 season started and we got, well, yeah.

I'll believe it when I see it. 

12 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Anybody else concerned that JJ may actually murder somebody this year? The dude is fucking big

As sad as it will be watching John and Brady graduate, it could be quite consoling to watch JJ hammer out 15-20 carries a game in 2019.  Also nice to see Weah has looked good, and hopefully they can still add a quality RB recruit to this upcoming class.

9 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

As sad as it will be watching John and Brady graduate, it could be quite consoling to watch JJ hammer out 15-20 carries a game in 2019.  Also nice to see Weah has looked good, and hopefully they can still add a quality RB recruit to this upcoming class.

Maybe Warren Taylor can watch some youtube videos on Running Back, and fill in there next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, Nodak78 said:

I check the mail today no tickets.  Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.  I rec'd my tailgate pass.  I'm pumped.

FB tix and CClub cards came in the mail today.  Tailgate passes a couple week ago...……...Can't wait.

• Like 1

FYI - Maybe someone else has posted this already, but the Sam Houston web site shows a 6 PM start time for the 9/15 game in Huntsville. The UND site hasn't been updated yet. I'm hoping to combine business with pleasure and make the trip to Huntsville. Because football. In Texas.

• Upvote 1

http://southland.org/news/2018/8/9/football-southland-conference-announces-tv-selections-for-first-four-weeks.aspx

Conference play kicks into full gear on September 15. Week 3 features Nicholls-McNeese on Cox Sports Television, which will be available on ESPN3 outside CST territory. ESPN+ will carry Northwestern State-Lamar and Central Arkansas-Southeastern Louisiana. ESPN3 will have exclusive coverage of Abilene Christian at Houston Baptist, while Sam Houston’s home game vs. North Dakota will be available on ESPN3 throughout most of the country. KXMB will carry the game in the Bismarck market, while other local affiliates in the Dakotas will be announced closer to game time.

Great news!

• Upvote 3