SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

56 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ok rudy.

All-state basketball player and placed at the state meet in the long and triple jump. Not sure what there is to argue in his height or athletic ability. He knows the routes, so if he can catch and block, I don't see why he wouldn't be out there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

All-state basketball player and placed at the state meet in the long and triple jump. Not sure what there is to argue in his height or athletic ability. He knows the routes, so if he can catch and block, I don't see why he wouldn't be out there. 

just saying that seeing guys like brad and bryce blair on the two deep 5 years into bubba' regime is something i'm concerned about.

41 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He isn't fast enough.  If they need somebody to fill in and block I guess.

14 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What’s the ideal weight for a nosegaurd? I thought it should be closer to 310-315??

our backup is 250??

Depends on the guy. I think Tank played too heavy last year and guessing the staff did too since he lost a few pounds in the offseason. 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

He isn't fast enough.  If they need somebody to fill in and block I guess.

Speed is a fair concern, but he isn't going to be running deep routes. Plenty fast enough to run short and intermediate routes and be a possession type receiver. 

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Depends on the guy. I think Tank played too heavy last year and guessing the staff did too since he lost a few pounds in the offseason. 

Speed is a fair concern, but he isn't going to be running deep routes. Plenty fast enough to run short and intermediate routes and be a possession type receiver. 

we have enough "possession" receivers...we need more guys like clive!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Tank actually played too light last year. He had lost weight and was quicker but was also on skates most of the year and incapable of plugging things up like he did the year before. He’s actually up on weight this year.

5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tank actually played too light last year. He had lost weight and was quicker but was also on skates most of the year and incapable of plugging things up like he did the year before. He’s actually up on weight this year.

You're right on the first part, he was down 10lbs. Not sure who or what I was thinking about. But it looks like they have him down another 3 pounds from last year. 

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

UND needs all the big bodies up the middle they can get after last season. Would like to see heavier nose tackles. Tank Harris is by far the best on the roster but still under 300 lbs. and the backup situation is grossly underweight.

The overhaul at inside backer will definitely help this season, though. Can’t afford even one or two injures at that spot however. 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:11 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

What’s the ideal weight for a nosegaurd? I thought it should be closer to 310-315??

our backup is 250??

Thank goodness we now have a freshman nose guard at 250 to save the day.  Instead of a 3 year letterman at 310!  Give me a freakin break!

14 hours ago, SJG73 said:

Thank goodness we now have a freshman nose guard at 250 to save the day.  Instead of a 3 year letterman at 310!  Give me a freakin break!

Obviously weight isn’t everything. Morrison  (the 250 lb student-athlete you referenced) is tremendously athletic (played RB in high school). If he continues to put weight and strength on the right way, watch out. Will be fun to see how he looks this season. Like @gundy1124 said, Greer is also available for depth. Nice to be able to go 3-deep at nose.

• Upvote 2