SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am really wondering how big of a bid UND would put up.  Faison will most likely look at the attendance of this Saturdays game as a measuring stick for a playoff game.  Keep in mind that the first round is over Thanksgiving.  If we only get 8000 to a game where we could win a Big Sky title and the weather is going to be in the 50's, how many are we going to get on Thanksgiving Saturday when the weather is in the 30's or less.  

Last year there were several donors you ponied up private money.  Don't remember the exact amount, but it was substantial.  I would guess Faison is hitting up the same alumni and bidding something similar.

3 hours ago, ND1 said:

For the first round espn releases the rights to whomever, meaning Midco could and I assume would televise it.  After the first round ESPN maintains all rights to programming 

Pretty sure ESPN keeps everything to themselves now, especially since they have ESPN3 to put all the games on. I don't think they let anyone else in on showing the games any more.

2 minutes ago, NeutralObserver said:

Pretty sure ESPN keeps everything to themselves now, especially since they have ESPN3 to put all the games on. I don't think they let anyone else in on showing the games any more.

No kidding now that ESPN is showing college hockey regular season games. 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am really wondering how big of a bid UND would put up.  Faison will most likely look at the attendance of this Saturdays game as a measuring stick for a playoff game.  Keep in mind that the first round is over Thanksgiving.  If we only get 8000 to a game where we could win a Big Sky title and the weather is going to be in the 50's, how many are we going to get on Thanksgiving Saturday when the weather is in the 30's or less.  

I thought I read that bids were due earlier in the year. If true, Saturdays attendance shouldn't affect the bid amount.

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And most of the Students will be home for Turkey?

I am thinking there is a pretty good chance the NAU game will have no bearing on who we play in the first round of the playoffs.  Win or lose, we probably play sdsu with the winner going to Fargo.  Sounds D's ridiculous, but that's what you get with regionalization.

Edited by Sioux95

59 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

I am thinking there is a pretty good chance the NAU game will have no bearing on who we play in the first round of the playoffs.  Win or lose, we probably play sdsu with the winner going to Fargo.  Sounds D's ridiculous, but that's what you get with regionalization.

That's very possible, win/lose/draw.  

For the 1st round take out the top 8 and rank the remaining teams 1-16.  UND vs. SDSU could be 1 vrs 2 or something similar, and that makes no sense.  The conference reps need to make their case against regionalization.

I liked the bracket a few weeks ago that had us playing Western Illinois at home in the first round.  One bye week at the end of the regular season for some rest and a winnable home game to get that first playoff win.  However if we end up 9th or 10th and have to go to SDSU or Montana that totally blows.  Given that I'm hoping we can get a seed, get a nice rest and deal with potential rust and get a home game.  

14 minutes ago, Dustin said:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161108092241785793504

Goes away from regionalization, and it appears to be the best bracket I've seen.

For the first round, yes. (Assuming a win Saturday) UND will be one of the top unranked teams, arguably somewhere around 9-12. Sending them to Fargo to face the top seed for a second round game definitely strays away from what a true bracket should look like. Not that it is going to change but yeah, San Diego would be an excellent first round game for UND.

57 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I like this one. I have come to the realization that unless we are a top 8 seed, we will see NDSU in the second round.

You're not the only one.  Got a card from Mike Mannausau (Champions Club Director) this past week that talked about the excitement of the football season and the chance of getting to play in Fargo in the playoffs if we keep winning.