SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

zero degrees...snow flying...we can run the ball...they throw better...outdoor fb levels it out a bit...but the winner of maine v. lehigh??? really. call it a double bye....

I'd take that, might be a little rust after two weeks off. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

All of Izzo, McFeely, Kolpack, and Peterson thinks UND will get a seed.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.  McFeeley thinks UND is one of 5-6 teams that could make it to Frisco.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.   Izzo thinks UND and Wichita are headed to MVFC.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.  McFeeley was gushing about UND's defense.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.

Perfectly stated !

4 minutes ago, mj23 said:

NDSU Quality wins

#12 SDSU

#14 Charleston Southern

#15 Youngstown State

#19 Western Illinois

EW Quality Wins

#17 Montana

#20 Cal Poly

I'm not seeing much to warrant them having a higher seed.

EW has a better quality loss vs. NDSU......you don't know how this works, yet??

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

All of Izzo, McFeely, Kolpack, and Peterson thinks UND will get a seed.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.  McFeeley thinks UND is one of 5-6 teams that could make it to Frisco.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.   Izzo thinks UND and Wichita are headed to MVFC.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.  McFeeley was gushing about UND's defense.  Kolpack critical of UND's schedule.

Did Jeffrey mention that he doesn't like UND's gray pants as well??? ;)

11 minutes ago, mj23 said:

NDSU Quality wins

#12 SDSU

#14 Charleston Southern

#15 Youngstown State

#19 Western Illinois

EW Quality Wins

#17 Montana

#20 Cal Poly

I'm not seeing much to warrant them having a higher seed.

It's really pretty simple. EW has lost one FCS game to NDSU in OT and on the road. NDSU lost one FCS game to SDSU at home. EW has a better FBS win because Washington St. is having a better year than Iowa. 

1 or 2, to me it doesn't matter where you put either ndsu or eastern. I think both are better choices than Jax or Sam.

The committee may not see it this way, but tell me who you beat?  I'm not interested in debating the merits of your loss.

Make the case of how good you are based on who you beat.

Just now, Matt said:

1 or 2, to me it doesn't matter where you put either ndsu or eastern. I think both are better choices than Jax or Sam.

The committee may not see it this way, but tell me who you beat?  I'm not interested in debating the merits of your loss.

Make the case of how good you are based on who you beat.

That's not how the committee works.  They also look at the quality of losses. 

1 minute ago, homer said:

That's not how the committee works.  They also look at the quality of losses. 

I'm well aware of the track record of last year's committee and this year's rankings as well, and I know this much:  anyone that says they have any idea of how the committee will vote is lying.

You need only look at what they did to Sam to figure that out

9 minutes ago, mj23 said:

I also agree with this, both them should be 1 & 2 no doubt.  Sam Houston doesn't deserve a top 5 seed IMO

I totally agree with you on Sam, and yet the committee ranked them at 1, then dropped them all the way to 5 with a win? #schizo #MakingItUpAsWeGo

Using last weeks rankings, a seed does look good for us. Chattanooga lost so we should be up to 9 this week because I don't see a win over USD, who we also have a win over being enough for Sdsu to jump us. And next week uca and Shsu play each other and the loser should for sure not be seeded. This will be Sammys only real opponent this year and uca is on the cusp of a seed as is. I don't see sdsu jumping us with a win over a sub .500 UNI team    . It looks good for us but obviously the committee is incompetent so it should be a tense selection show. But if uni beats sdsu we should be pretty locked into the 8 seed. 

Just now, mj23 said:

This is why they need to look at the strength of schedule a bit more too.  Sam has played 0 quality opponents thus far.  CA is gonna be their only tough game of the season and it's a home game. 

Agreed, which is why i say "tell me who you beat?". If you want a high seed you'd better have some good answers to that question.

The UND team that I watched in the 2nd half Saturday needs to be the UND that plays both halves in each game come playoff time. I get UND was down 21 points and Rudolph needed to dial up the pass plays but I thought overall his play calling Saturday was really, really good. This team can pass the ball, which in turn will open up the run. It is obvious though this team is not built for 3rd and 7 or 8.  I thought there was balance and some unpredictability even down 21. Kudos to Rudolph. 

1 hour ago, mj23 said:

I agree.  That's why I think NDSU should be ahead of EW.  head to head win plus they have 3 (not 4 lol) quality wins to EW's 2 and they both have a big FBS win. 

One team has a win against an FBS team that is 8-2, the other against a team that is 6-4.  I think the former is a bit bigger than the latter.