SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

I do know we have a couple key OL really beat up right now and three weeks off starting yesterday will be huge for them. Stockwell and Dan Bell didn't play in the second half against UNC. These guys need some rest and fortunately this bye (it's bye not buy) week to end the regular season is turning into a blessing in disguise.

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seeing the Bison's streak of Championships end would be fantastic.  Having UND be the ones that do it would be even better!!

Sort of funny because you really couldn't write a better script. I am not saying it will happen but holy nuggets would that be movie quality.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Too bad our only path leads through Fargo. That said, there are many teams dealing with key injuries. Who knows what may happen!

Like others are alluding to, this actually best case scenario for even more excitement surrounding UND football. The game itself would be a good story line; a UND win would be a great story line. 

6 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Sort of funny because you really couldn't write a better script. I am not saying it will happen but holy nuggets would that be movie quality.

I wonder what NDSU fans would do with their tickets if UND beat NDSU and made it to Frisco?  Think many would just go anyway and cheer for/against UND?

19 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I wonder what NDSU fans would do with their tickets if UND beat NDSU and made it to Frisco?  Think many would just go anyway and cheer for/against UND?

I think a fair amount would still go because football in Texas in January is ideal. I also think a fair number would sell them on sites like Hubspot. I would make the trip in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

What is the tv availability for the playoffs? ESPN3 for the first round or even second round? Or is everything on ESPN and ESPN2? ESPNU?

For the first round espn releases the rights to whomever, meaning Midco could and I assume would televise it.  After the first round ESPN maintains all rights to programming 

52 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Too bad our only path leads through Fargo. That said, there are many teams dealing with key injuries. Who knows what may happen!

OK I want to change my first message to:

Pretty exciting that our only path leads through Fargo. That said, there are many teams dealing with key injuries. Who knows what may happen!

49 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Seeing the Bison's streak of Championships end would be fantastic.  Having UND be the ones that do it would be even better!!

I was hoping for us to the end the streak next year after Bison get #6 this year.   A year earlier would be great but probably not realistic.  I think Bubba is another year away (maybe 2) from having equal talent on the field as the Bison.

21 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I was hoping for us to the end the streak next year after Bison get #6 this year.   A year earlier would be great but probably not realistic.  I think Bubba is another year away (maybe 2) from having equal talent on the field as the Bison.

Schmidt vs Polasek is a huge advantage for UND. 

3 hours ago, AJS said:

In all reality a seed would be gigantic for UND, a true game changer. It's ridiculous that a spot or two is a difference between getting a first round bye / home game in the second round or playing at SDSU / Montana week 1!

Couldn't agree more. It really is a bad setup. I just hope Faison bids high so UND at least has a shot at a home game if they don't receive a top 8 seed -- you have to give UND football a chance at least. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Couldn't agree more. It really is a bad setup. I just hope Faison bids high so UND at least has a shot at a home game if they don't receive a top 8 seed -- you have to give UND football a chance at least. 

Home football playoff games is the reason why UND is no longer the Fighting Sioux.

get-r-done Faison

I am really wondering how big of a bid UND would put up.  Faison will most likely look at the attendance of this Saturdays game as a measuring stick for a playoff game.  Keep in mind that the first round is over Thanksgiving.  If we only get 8000 to a game where we could win a Big Sky title and the weather is going to be in the 50's, how many are we going to get on Thanksgiving Saturday when the weather is in the 30's or less.  

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

I am really wondering how big of a bid UND would put up.  Faison will most likely look at the attendance of this Saturdays game as a measuring stick for a playoff game.  Keep in mind that the first round is over Thanksgiving.  If we only get 8000 to a game where we could win a Big Sky title and the weather is going to be in the 50's, how many are we going to get on Thanksgiving Saturday when the weather is in the 30's or less.  

If we play at home over Thanksgiving I will hop on the Denver to Devils Lake flight Wednesday night, have thanksgiving with the family, hunt pheasants Friday, then head to GF Saturday morning. Thanksgiving is on Thursday so unless you are traveling really far I don't understand the low attendance. Students probably gone so that must factor in.

As far as revenue generators students are a non-factor - they should make a Thanksgiving family ticket package - after the dinner is eaten it would be much better to be at a live football game than watching the Detroit Lions game.