SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology

petey23

23 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

You're not the only one.  Got a card from Mike Mannausau (Champions Club Director) this past week that talked about the excitement of the football season and the chance of getting to play in Fargo in the playoffs if we keep winning. 

I should check my PO box. Up here in the mountains they dont deliver to houses so i only check it every couple of weeks. #Firstworldproblems

A non-regionalized bracket.

1. NDSU plays winner of #16 Montana and #17 Western Illinois

8. Richmond plays winner of #9 Villanova and #24 San Diego

4. Jacksonville State plays winner of #13 Charleston Southern and #20 Lehigh

5. The Citadel plays winner of #12 Central Arkansas and #21 Liberty

2. Eastern Washington plats winner of #15 Youngstown State and #18 New Hampshire

7. Chattanooga plays winner of #10 South Dakota State and #23 St. Francis

3. Sam Houston State plays winner of #14 Cal Poly and #19 Samford

6. James Madison plays winner of #11 UND and #22 Wofford

*if NC A&T loses to North Carolina Central, then they move into the field at around #13 and teams 13-21 slide down a spot and Wofford is watching.

No Bowls which has it probably more in line with what will actually happen essentially has the teams slotted this way

1.EWU

2. NDSU

3. Jax St.

4. SHSU

5. JMU

6. Citadel

7. Chattanooga

8. C. Ark

9. Lehigh

10. Liberty

11. Charleston southern

12. Richmond

13. Cal Poly

14. YSU

15. SDSU

16. Montana

17. San diego

18. UND

19. Villanova

20. Western Ill.

21. St. Francis

22. Samford

23. Wofford

24. New hampshire

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I am pretty sure NC A&T is in the MEAC and they don't participate in the playoffs. 

Pretty sure their conference champion plays in the Celebration Bowl, however I believe the rest of the conference is technically eligible for an at-large bid. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty sure their conference champion plays in the Celebration Bowl, however I believe the rest of the conference is technically eligible for an at-large bid. 

Thanks for the clarification ,  I didn't know that. Weird conference setup . 

15 hours ago, petey23 said:

A non-regionalized bracket.

1. NDSU plays winner of #16 Montana and #17 Western Illinois

8. Richmond plays winner of #9 Villanova and #24 San Diego

4. Jacksonville State plays winner of #13 Charleston Southern and #20 Lehigh

5. The Citadel plays winner of #12 Central Arkansas and #21 Liberty

2. Eastern Washington plats winner of #15 Youngstown State and #18 New Hampshire

7. Chattanooga plays winner of #10 South Dakota State and #23 St. Francis

3. Sam Houston State plays winner of #14 Cal Poly and #19 Samford

6. James Madison plays winner of #11 UND and #22 Wofford

*if NC A&T loses to North Carolina Central, then they move into the field at around #13 and teams 13-21 slide down a spot and Wofford is watching.

No Bowls which has it probably more in line with what will actually happen essentially has the teams slotted this way

1.EWU

2. NDSU

3. Jax St.

4. SHSU

5. JMU

6. Citadel

7. Chattanooga

8. C. Ark

9. Lehigh

10. Liberty

11. Charleston southern

12. Richmond

13. Cal Poly

14. YSU

15. SDSU

16. Montana

17. San diego

18. UND

19. Villanova

20. Western Ill.

21. St. Francis

22. Samford

23. Wofford

24. New hampshire

Can't see any way Cal Poly gets rated ahead of UND.  If UND wins on SAt. they will be in top 12.

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

It would be interesting to see if they would select an at-large from the meac. By having their conference champion participate in the celebration bowl, they are acknowledging that they don't care about the fcs playoffs.

1 hour ago, KBH2010 said:

It would be interesting to see if they would select an at-large from the meac. By having their conference champion participate in the celebration bowl, they are acknowledging that they don't care about the fcs playoffs.

An at large team would probably participate. 

1 hour ago, UND92 said:

Can't see any way Cal Poly gets rated ahead of UND.  If UND wins on SAt. they will be in top 12.

I just used a general consensus of the current polls....just showing how some teams are punished and others are rewarded not based on their teams success but their location.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

An at large team would probably participate. 

Yeah I get that, but theoretically why would the committee reward a team with an invite if that team belonged to a conference that basically says we care more about a bowl game than the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

I like potential match up in this bracket for the first game, but an aweful tough match up at EWU should we win...

Pretty sure there won't be a bracket that allows UND/NDSU to not meet until Frisco.  I would rather play su than EWU because of how we match up with them.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sioux95 said:

Pretty sure there won't be a bracket that allows UND/NDSU to not meet until Frisco.  I would rather play su than EWU because of how we match up with them.

Totally agree with this. Granted you have to play the best at some point, but I agree, the matchup against NDSU is much better for us than EWU. Not a slam on NDSU obviously, just has more to do with style of play.

2 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I like potential match up in this bracket for the first game, but an aweful tough match up at EWU should we win...

zero degrees...snow flying...we can run the ball...they throw better...outdoor fb levels it out a bit...but the winner of maine v. lehigh??? really. call it a double bye....