SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

With the booing of a new nickname, maybe they should've chosen "Phantoms" so it would make some sense. :D

With the Boo-Berry ghost as the logo and mascot. I'm in........much better than what we are stuck with.

But in all serious Franken Berry is the Best. Cereal. Ever!

1 hour ago, tnt said:

If they do put it on the field then, I cry foul that they didn't ever have the old logo on the field!  Maybe I should start a conspiracy theory being that all of the people that were purported to want the Fighting Hawks nickname are the ones that are booing it at the games.  I think the vote was rigged!! ;)

Is that a Fighting Hawk pun?

Watching the hockey game on TV I heard them say Fighting Hawks and didn't hear any booing. I heard they gave every freshman a free Fighting Hawks tee shirt that was smart. The next generation will adapt - they have no choice. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Watching the hockey game on TV I heard them say Fighting Hawks and didn't hear any booing. I heard they gave every freshman a free Fighting Hawks tee shirt that was smart. The next generation will adapt - they have no choice. 

Typically the student attendance hasn't been that good for exhibition games since that game isn't included in their season ticket packages.  That theory will be tested out on Friday.

12 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Watching the football game on tv I heard a few Sioux forever chants and I witnessed only one at the hockey game!

Maybe the hockey fans/students have moved on faster with nickname change than the football fans/students have? :lol::ohmy:

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Watching the football game on tv I heard a few Sioux forever chants and I witnessed only one at the hockey game!

Maybe the hockey fans/students have moved on faster with nickname change than the football fans/students have? :lol::ohmy:

As someone who was at both games, your last statement would be an early front-runner for a preposterous statement tournament. There was only one Sioux Forever chant at the football game (at least that had anything behind it), and it was at the very end. There were multiple Sioux chants at the hockey game with most, but not all, of them coming from/starting in the student section.

I will say that it was amusing to watch people become so conflicted during the hockey game due to how much often they used the Fighting Hawks during the game and they didn't have enough time to figure out whether to boo or cheer. I was very impressed with how much both the logo and name were incorporated during the game.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

As someone who was at both games, your last statement would be an early front-runner for a preposterous statement tournament. There was only one Sioux Forever chant at the football game (at least that had anything behind it), and it was at the very end. There were multiple Sioux chants at the hockey game with most, but not all, of them coming from/starting in the student section.

I will say that it was amusing to watch people become so conflicted during the hockey game due to how much often they used the Fighting Hawks during the game and they didn't have enough time to figure out whether to boo or cheer. I was very impressed with how much both the logo and name were incorporated during the game.

It was meant to be funny, or a funny type of trolling....

I was talking Sioux forever chants, there was one at the hockey game, (at least that had anything behind it)! I'm not talking let's go Sioux chants, you're dreaming if you think those are going to stop anytime soon. 

You can say the Fighting Hawks name wasn't booed because "people were conflicted" all you want. But my opinion is it wasn't booed because the use of the name was perfectly done by the REA and they went right on to the next thing too fast for any response. Which I thought was great! I'm not gonna join the crowd of people with their panties in a bunch because some YOUNG college kids are trying to feel cool. But I did enjoy the lack of booing. 

I'm ready for it to move forward, at least the childish stuff to end,  but I will always keep and wear my Sioux gear with pride.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I didn't see many UND fans wearing FH merchandise at the Manitoba game as compared to what I saw at the UND football game vs.USD.

Much more common to see people wearing jerseys at hockey games than football games, where t-shirts and polos are more popular.  Not saying this explains the entire discrepancy (or even a majority of the difference), but I'm sure it plays a part.

I am going to say this knowing that most will disagree strongly

I have lots of Sioux gear & hats but never one Jersey if I had spent what I have on Jersey's I'd have several

Always felt the Jersey's were for the players & did not want to honor just one or two & they get dated pretty fast - 

On 10/3/2016 at 10:00 AM, jdub27 said:

I will say that it was amusing to watch people become so conflicted during the hockey game due to how much often they used the Fighting Hawks during the game ... 

I know this is blasphemy, but, the new logo looked really good on the REA center ice display. Yes, better than the Brien logo. The center ice display never had the resolution to do justice to something so intricate as the Brien logo. The new logo looked clean and sharp. 

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I am going to say this knowing that most will disagree strongly

I have lots of Sioux gear & hats but never one Jersey if I had spent what I have on Jersey's I'd have several

Always felt the Jersey's were for the players & did not want to honor just one or two & they get dated pretty fast - 

Couldn't you just leave the jersey generic w/o a name on the back if you "did not want to honor just one or two"?

On 10/2/2016 at 7:28 PM, CMSioux said:

There is no "adapt" . . . the new students coming in were never Fighting Sioux.  There's really no transition for them (and good for them, they are the lucky ones in all of this).

Not trying to be jerk.  That read like I was trying to correct you:blush:  I'm just saying that the new generation will be Fighting Hawks from day one.

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know this is blasphemy, but, the new logo looked really good on the REA center ice display. Yes, better than the Brien logo. The center ice display never had the resolution to do justice to something so intricate as the Brien logo. The new logo looked clean and sharp. 

th?id=OIP.M2c7cb59becf00a56a20aa63fa46e8633o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=332&h=179

• Upvote 1