SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

24 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I was a little confused by the student section on Saturday. They would boo the Fighting Hawks and chant Sioux Forever. But yet there was a giant fighting hawks flag and several students with smaller fighting hawks flags. 

Nodak nation hands them out before games, they did the same thing last year with the interlocking nd logo on the flags, some of the smaller flags didn't get waved and the students under the big flag obviously can't tell what's on it. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, northdakota18 said:

Nodak nation hands them out before games, they did the same thing last year with the interlocking nd logo on the flags, some of the smaller flags didn't get waved and the students under the big flag obviously can't tell what's on it. 

That's what I thought when I seen the big flag opened up, they got duped! Wonder what happens at the next game?

I hope they still participate...

16 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

I wore a hawks shirt to the last game, but honestly, there hasn't been a strong unison cheer since the throws of Let's Go Sioux against the goofs in 2011 (at home, I'm not counting Scheel's arena). It's noticeable to me. When the whole arena had that going, it had some force and pop to it. Legitimately intimidating stuff. We haven't had that since some people stopped chanting Let's Go Sioux. 

Maybe we'll have to steal the Vikings new chant to regain some of that, haha. 

Largely agree with the bold, but I'll throw out one exception; 5 on 3 PK against St Cloud (McMillian broke his knee cap).  The last minute, or so, of that PK was the loudest I've heard the Ralph in a loooong time!  The chant of choice? LET'S GO SIOUX!

• Upvote 2

I disliked losing the FS name as much as anyone but I am not one to worry or fuss about something I have no control over. From a historical perspective the old teams, the 2001 Nat'l champion football team, the multiple-year championship hockey teams, the Phil Jackson BB teams will always be the FS. But Studsrud and Santiago and company are Fighting Hawks in my mind, as unimaginative as the name selection was. So is Boeser. I've moved on because there is no going back. I like the logo which somewhat mitigates the disastrous name selection.

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

Largely agree with the bold, but I'll throw out one exception; 5 on 3 PK against St Cloud (McMillian broke his knee cap).  The last minute, or so, of that PK was the loudest I've heard the Ralph in a loooong time!  The chant of choice? LET'S GO SIOUX!

Yup, this was crazy loud. I get chills just remembering this.

Not to get too poetic, but it felt like the crowd willed UND to clinch the Penrose Cup that year.

Of course, it would've been nice to have Macmillan for the stretch run that year too.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2016 at 9:58 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I know this is blasphemy, but, the new logo looked really good on the REA center ice display. Yes, better than the Brien logo. The center ice display never had the resolution to do justice to something so intricate as the Brien logo. The new logo looked clean and sharp. 

I finally seen what you are talking about in this post! I was looking at the score last weekend and the background just came into view to me, it was so weird, just like they just turned it on...to me anyway!

Yes it does look cool! I see it all the time now!

I just hope the jersey's look good next year, we shall see.

Grand Forks Heraldo must be having a slow news day...Printing another "cursed logo" letter...must have had some extra column inches to fill today.:glare:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4138114-letter-fighting-hawks-end-unds-logo-curse

Don't disrespect the accomplishments of those teams with your b.s.  Logos don't win championships; teams do!

11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Grand Forks Heraldo must be having a slow news day...Printing another "cursed logo" letter...must have had some extra column inches to fill today.:glare:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/4138114-letter-fighting-hawks-end-unds-logo-curse

Don't disrespect the accomplishments of those teams with your b.s.  Logos don't win championships; teams do!

And here I thought it was because I started using Dove soap. Huh. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Just another disgruntled gopher fan is all he is. He tries to sound smart but he fails bad. His article proves that he knows nothing about UND and just wants to take a jab at UND for winning a NC in hockey.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:35 AM, Oxbow6 said:

BTW talked to someone deep within the UND athletic department last night. He said the F-n Hawks logo and brand is being forced fed to anyone and everyone that has anything to do with workings of UND athletics. 

brad berry on this list?

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

brad berry on this list?

Its really unfortunate that the mens hockey team isn't embracing the name name and logo like the other teams.  Actually what is more disappointing is Faison not controlling the situation.  You see other teams, football mainly so far, decked out in Fighting hawks gear.  from their helmets to t shirts, to sweatsuits, etc.  The hockey team still continues to avoid wearing or referencing the new name and logo at all costs.  Still wearing the interlocking ND on all their  stuff.  The very least they could do would be to follow what the womens team is doing and put the logo on their helmet.  But they can't even do that.  It UND and the athletic department (Faison) want to get this logo out and visible, and move towards more people seeing it and accepting it, have the most high profile team at the school be using it as much as possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Its really unfortunate that the mens hockey team isn't embracing the name name and logo like the other teams.  Actually what is more disappointing is Faison not controlling the situation.  You see other teams, football mainly so far, decked out in Fighting hawks gear.  from their helmets to t shirts, to sweatsuits, etc.  The hockey team still continues to avoid wearing or referencing the new name and logo at all costs.  Still wearing the interlocking ND on all their  stuff.  The very least they could do would be to follow what the womens team is doing and put the logo on their helmet.  But they can't even do that.  It UND and the athletic department (Faison) want to get this logo out and visible, and move towards more people seeing it and accepting it, have the most high profile team at the school be using it as much as possible.

I understand the jerseys because they already ordered the ones for this year, but I agree why they couldn't add the logo to the helmets. When will the hawk screech enter the REA during game time? Lets play old time Fighting Hawk hockey (enter screech). 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

They actually have to order UND's football jerseys in November/December of the prior year.  So I give the hockey team a pass on the jersey thing.  It will come.

Berry has been wearing the new gear just like the other coaches on campus.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

They actually have to order UND's football jerseys in November/December of the prior year.  So I give the hockey team a pass on the jersey thing.  It will come.

Berry has been wearing the new gear just like the other coaches on campus.  

pic?

42 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I understand the jerseys because they already ordered the ones for this year, but I agree why they couldn't add the logo to the helmets. When will the hawk screech enter the REA during game time?

Hopefully never...that would get annoying after about the 3rd time.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Hopefully never...that would get annoying after about the 3rd time.

Imagine after every start of a power play, at the end of a penalty kill and elsewhere during the game. Lots of possibilities, being experimented during the last football game. 

38 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Imagine after every start of a power play, at the end of a penalty kill and elsewhere during the game. Lots of possibilities, being experimented during the last football game. 

Maybe as people are leaving the building. :)

• Upvote 2