SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 hours ago, UND1981 said:

It's a good comment.  Show your support for the new name or you going to wear your Fighting Sioux stuff like the majority of the rest of us at the game tonight?

Name will grow more support once Fighting Hawk hockey jerseys come out next season. More and more Fighting Hawk gear compared to Sioux gear already at the Alerus, the REA is a different story since no Hawk jerseys are out yet.

• Downvote 3

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Name will grow more support once Fighting Hawk hockey jerseys come out next season. More and more Fighting Hawk gear compared to Sioux gear already at the Alerus, the REA is a different story since no Hawk jerseys are out yet.

I would love to see your face when they chant Sioux forever! I think of you every time, I don't know why???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DaveK said:

We get it, you like the Hawks name way more than the Sioux name. Please stop it already with this endless crusade. It is extremely disrespectful to the tradition and history of the Sioux name.

I wear my Sioux gear, I also wear Fighting Hawks gear, I even have some with just the interlocking ND and the words North Dakota on it. What is disrespectful to the tradition and history of a name that is retired? I am not burning my Sioux gear. So I shouldn't yell go Knights to my alma mater since that would be "disrespectful to the tradition and history of the Redskins name"? That's some funny stuff Dave.

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Here's the thing about that, Darell...

Erich Longlie and others like him who led the hateful crusade to kill the beloved Sioux nickname want people to accept and/or embrace the new nickname. You are doing exactly what the PC zealots want you to do. I am quite sure that they appreciate your unintentional support of their spiteful agenda.

That is why I think it is unacceptable to embrace or accept the new nickname/logo. I hope the UND football team does well, if for no other reason just to annoy the Bison zealots here in Fargo, but I do not and will not acknowledge the new nickname. I will only refer to them as North Dakota or UND out of respect for the memory of the old nickname.

I hate all this nickname changing in favor of PC names. Locally with UND, Central, Valley, West, and Wilder schools to other colleges like ULM, Arkansas St, Marquette, to the pros with the Bullets. However just because you cheer for the school's new name doesn't make you a bad person or pleasing someone else's agenda you are cheering on the athletes because they are the Fighting Hawks, and the Knights and the Wizards and the War Hawks, and Red Wolves. They will never be the Fighting Sioux, the Redskins, the Warriors, etc. That's in the past, does it suck yes. My 10 year old son asked me before the potato bowl game this year why can't UND be called the Fighting Sioux so I told him about it and he said, " that's dumb, I'm going to call them Sioux anyways". I told him go ahead but don't put down someone if they call them Hawks because it's the same team. 

I still get the comments on Facebook when I put "Go Fighting Hawks", from the "you mean go Sioux" to "you are not a fan". If I meant Sioux I would post it and the latter one is the worst. So I accept the new name and somehow that makes me not a fan of a school I have loved forever? It's a name with over 80 years of tradition and history but at the same time it's a school with 133 years of tradition and history too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

How's your face when Hawks is said over the loud speaker or in print or in the stands.

To each their own on this issue.....like the TWO guys I saw at the Ralph last night that had F-n Hawks appearal on.

Kids these days.........hateful, misinformed racist students were at it again last night.  Oh wait.........they are part of the hockey only crowd.

#siouxforever

• Upvote 1

BTW talked to someone deep within the UND athletic department last night. He said the F-n Hawks logo and brand is being forced fed to anyone and everyone that has anything to do with workings of UND athletics. 

28 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Force Fed?  It's the only brand that UND can legally use right now . . . and keeping a brand on track takes someone to mandate how and where it gets used.  "Sioux" is no longer the school brand, and is not to be used by ANY department at UND.

It may be hard to accept, but it's not hard to understand.

Not disagreeing. Never said or expect UND to use anything "Sioux" at this point. Just per my conversation last night with this individual you MUST have everything and all things FH on it. Can't get just UND on something. Can't get the interlocking ND anymore. Not everyone in the athletic department is buying into the "mandate". Just saying......... I'm just a messenger.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

How's your face when Hawks is said over the loud speaker or in print or in the stands.

This is the part you don't get....the announcement of FH doesn't bother me. The change can happen and I'm ok with it, I'm not bothered by FH, but I will wear my Sioux gear until it is wore out. You see the difference between you and me is I don't get all butt hurt when a college kid does something that I don't like or agree with! You know what, they are kids! Remember the time when kids did dumb things and everyone's life didn't derail? We used to let them learn from their decisions, (right or wrong decisions)! 

I want the booing from them to stop also, but I'm willing to let them do this at their own pace though. Equally I want you to stop whining about it every time it happens! Of course I'm assuming you're an adult?

The "let's go Sioux" chants still send chills down my spine! This season looks like another one where we will hear that chant a ton....loud and proud!

Let's go Sioux/Hawks! ;)

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not disagreeing. Never said or expect UND to use anything "Sioux" at this point. Just per my conversation last night with this individual you MUST have everything and all things FH on it. Can't get just UND on something. Can't get the interlocking ND anymore. Not everyone in the athletic department is buying into the "mandate". Just saying......... I'm just a messenger. 

What else would it have on it? It seems pretty logical that all be apparel would have the new logo and use the new wordmarks. The interlocking ND is being retired, the Sioux logo is long gone. You don't release a complete new full brand package and then continue to use old ones. And equally not surprised there are people who don't like change. It is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What else would it have on it? It seems pretty logical that all be apparel would have the new logo and use the new wordmarks. The interlocking ND is being retired, the Sioux logo is long gone. You don't release a complete new full brand package and then continue to use old ones. And equally not surprised there are people who don't like change. It is what it is. 

They sell Sioux logo items I believe twice a year.

So there's that...

When Burger King revises its logo, all of the employees just follow suit.

If you are emplyed by UND...it's maybe best to just go with it.  I think we all agree that 5% caused a disturbance for the other 95%.  But this is where we are now, and the fight was won by the 5%.

There is a lot about all of these name changes that i don't agree with, and I'm betting the majority of UND staff that is having to mandate the new logo usage wish it were still "Sioux".

it's a fight that UND admin would need to take to the NCAA.  They did.  They lost.

Internal departments pushing back will change absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

This is the part you don't get....the announcement of FH doesn't bother me. The change can happen and I'm ok with it, I'm not bothered by FH, but I will wear my Sioux gear until it is wore out. You see the difference between you and me is I don't get all butt hurt when a college kid does something that I don't like or agree with! You know what, they are kids! Remember the time when kids did dumb things and everyone's life didn't derail? We used to let them learn from their decisions, (right or wrong decisions)! 

I want the booing from them to stop also, but I'm willing to let them do this at their own pace though. Equally I want you to stop whining about it every time it happens! Of course I'm assuming you're an adult?

The "let's go Sioux" chants still send chills down my spine! This season looks like another one where we will hear that chant a ton....loud and proud!

Let's go Sioux/Hawks! ;)

Do you remember the days when if someone got offended, they got over it in like a minute and the whole world didn't end and there was no "safe space" BECAUSE NOONE NEEDED ONE!!!!!!!

SIOUX FOREVER!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

I hope that hurt someone's feelings!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fans have every right to publicly hate, love or ignore the new nickname.  

However, employees of UND who are not buying into the "mandate" need to keep there personal feelings to themselves and grow up.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillySioux said:

However, employees of UND who are not buying into the "mandate" need to keep there personal feelings to themselves and grow up.  

I know right.......how dare anyone disagree with their employer. It's unheard of in today's society.

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

They sell Sioux logo items I believe twice a year.

So there's that...

And UND would face immediate sanctions if they used any of it, so there is that. 

Releasing throwback merchandise to general public to keep trademarks active is nowhere in the same neighborhood as the athletic department issuing only gear with the current name and logo. 

Acceptance of the name is happening. Seeing more fighting hawk gear at the Ralph....and waay less booing. If the students want to chant Sioux forever....big deal. At least they are there, start to finish, making noise. But lets get rid of the whose he, he sucks !@#$, cheer....its old, lame and embarrassing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1