SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 10/2/2016 at 7:28 PM, CMSioux said:

Watching the hockey game on TV I heard them say Fighting Hawks and didn't hear any booing. I heard they gave every freshman a free Fighting Hawks tee shirt that was smart. The next generation will adapt - they have no choice. 

There was booing but I think the band and announcer was trying to drown it out. And when the announcer said Fighting Hawks, some people were saying Sioux after the Fighting, me being one of them! And a loud Home of the Sioux!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

Whatever you decide, let me know.  I don't wanna double up...

If I go with the Fighting Sioux sweater with my last name on it you'll be safe........................................

8 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

There was booing but I think the band and announcer was trying to drown it out. And when the announcer said Fighting Hawks, some people were saying Sioux after the Fighting, me being one of them! And a loud Home of the Sioux!

So what is your end game here?  How long do you plan on booing the Fighting Hawks name and still yelling "Sioux" at every game?  A year?  5 years?  10 years?  The rest of your life?  I am sure you get satisfaction for being one of those fans who is a hardcore Sioux Forever fan and feel good about not conforming to political correctness and the evil NCAA.  But is that going to be how you attend UND sporting events from now on?  There is already 2 banners with the Fighting Hawks name on it. Future banners will have the Fighting Hawks name and logo on them.  Soon the logo will be at center ice.  Jerseys are going to have the logo on it in one way or another.  Students and fans will be wearing more and more Fighting Hawks apparel at the games and the Sioux Shop will be full of Fighting Hawks merchandise that people will be buying.  Fans will be cheering the new name.  Are you still going to be that bitter fan that refuses to adapt and refuse to accept change?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know this is blasphemy, but, the new logo looked really good on the REA center ice display. Yes, better than the Brien logo. The center ice display never had the resolution to do justice to something so intricate as the Brien logo. The new logo looked clean and sharp. 

What center ice display are you referring to?

52 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I may be incredible slow here but are you referring to the scoreboard?

Just trying to figure out which display you're referring to.

Yes, the upper portion. They had the new logo on it a couple times between commercials during stoppages. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I don't boo the name but I still yell Sioux and I will never yell Hawks, it doesn't feel right to me and I will not buy Hawks merchandise.

I feel the same.  My guess is next year's hockey jersey may have FH on shoulder pad.

2 hours ago, 77iceman said:

There is no "adapt" . . . the new students coming in were never Fighting Sioux.  There's really no transition for them (and good for them, they are the lucky ones in all of this).

Not trying to be jerk.  That read like I was trying to correct you:blush:  I'm just saying that the new generation will be Fighting Hawks from day one.

I disagree. While the new students may never have attended the university as a Fighting Sioux how many are local kids raised wearing the old logo? Getting Sioux gear for birthdays and Christmas for years 

I know it is not quite the same but I was raised in Madison. In elementary school we sang UW's school song weekly in choir. I never attended UW but many would consider me raised a Badger.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I don't boo the name but I still yell Sioux and I will never yell Hawks, it doesn't feel right to me and I will not buy Hawks merchandise.

Many feel that way, like they do at Marquette, Dartmouth, Stanford etc. But you can yell Sioux til the day you die, it will eventually just get drowned out by the thousands of cheers for the Hawks.

• Downvote 4

5 hours ago, 77iceman said:

There is no "adapt" . . . the new students coming in were never Fighting Sioux.  There's really no transition for them (and good for them, they are the lucky ones in all of this).

Not trying to be jerk.  That read like I was trying to correct you:blush:  I'm just saying that the new generation will be Fighting Hawks from day one.

Plus where are most Students going to get Sioux stuff - not enough online to make Freshmen want to purchase

I do think there should be a Sioux Gear site here to sell any & all Fighting Sioux stuff to the right people

I really don't understand the need for people to be proud of the fact that they are going to boo the new nickname and logo and refuse to wear any Fighting Hawks merchandise ever.  Declaring to the day they die to wear Sioux merchandise and only refer to UND as the Fighting Sioux.  Do you think that you are standing up to the man or not backing down to political correctness?  Because I hat to tell you, you are a big part of the problem.  You want a divided fanbase, keep doing what you are doing.  You want people outside of the UND community to talk about the division between fans over the new name instead of the success of our teams, keep doing what you are doing.  If your goal is to drag on the nickname issue for decades, just keep booing the name at sporting events and refuse to accept the Fighting Hawks name as UND's nickname.  You are doing more harm than good.  I get it.  We lost a great name.  But there are certainly more important things you could be fighting than a new nickname of your favorite college teams.  End rant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:18 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

I really don't understand the need for people to be proud of the fact that they are going to boo the new nickname and logo and refuse to wear any Fighting Hawks merchandise ever.  Declaring to the day they die to wear Sioux merchandise and only refer to UND as the Fighting Sioux.  Do you think that you are standing up to the man or not backing down to political correctness?  Because I hat to tell you, you are a big part of the problem.  You want a divided fanbase, keep doing what you are doing.  You want people outside of the UND community to talk about the division between fans over the new name instead of the success of our teams, keep doing what you are doing.  If your goal is to drag on the nickname issue for decades, just keep booing the name at sporting events and refuse to accept the Fighting Hawks name as UND's nickname.  You are doing more harm than good.  I get it.  We lost a great name.  But there are certainly more important things you could be fighting than a new nickname of your favorite college teams.  End rant.

OK you can lead us forward.  Wear your new FH jersey (or Tshirt) and FH hat to the UND hockey game tonight. Show us all your incredible dance moves on the Dance for your Dinner promo (to be captured on the big screen at the Ralph)!! 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

OK you can lead us forward.  Wear your new FH jersey (or Tshirt) and FH hat to the UND hockey game tonight. Show us all your incredible dance moves on the Dance for your Dinner promo (to be captured on the big screen at the Ralph)!! 

Can't defend your actions.....make stupid comment.  ;)

• Downvote 1