SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

True, but even if they don't sport the new logo, who cares?  I am sick of the booing too, but each person is going to come to terms with the new logo in their own time, so to paint those that aren't gung ho about it as the bad guys isn't helping either.  

And it seems like those that have moved on, bought the merchandise, and cheer Go Hawks, will probably be given dirty looks or maybe words will be exchanged. I just hope whether you are wearing Fighting Sioux or Fighting Hawks we can all agree to cheer on UND, after all we are there to cheer on the players not to go all political about a nickname/logo. Time will heal this issue and this is the first full year of having a new name and more and more people are accepting it slowly, but if the REA refuses to call the team Fighing Hawks or fail to display the logo beyond this season, then there is a problem.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

And it seems like those that have moved on, bought the merchandise, and cheer Go Hawks, will probably be given dirty looks or maybe words will be exchanged. I just hope whether you are wearing Fighting Sioux or Fighting Hawks we can all agree to cheer on UND, after all we are there to cheer on the players not to go all political about a nickname/logo. Time will heal this issue and this is the first full year of having a new name and more and more people are accepting it slowly, but if the REA refuses to call the team Fighing Hawks or fail to display the logo beyond this season, then there is a problem.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"Now that the dust has settled ..."?

UND, The Feckin' Hawks & their New York logo are just ignoring the dust, hoping no one notices that the dust ... is not settled.

We had a very good logo by a regional arist, Native American & North Dakotan. I'm guessing the new logo firm didn't settle for the same $2000 the last artist was paid. 

1 minute ago, iluvdebbies said:

No, you would find a way to continue it. BTW.....Fighting Hawks is going to be on the championship banner hanging in the Ralph.

continue it?  i was hard core Fighting Sioux forever, then Roughriders, and now i've accepted the name (totally pc and generic) and logo(actually think its kinda nice..no beaks, claws, or chicken legs is all i wanted)...actually somewhat like it with all the rebranding...its the people that stillh ave not moved on that will continue this nonsense.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

No, you would find a way to continue it. BTW.....Fighting Hawks is going to be on the championship banner hanging in the Ralph.

I'm fairly certain that it was tweeted out that the Interlocking ND was going to be on the banner since that was the logo at the time of winning the championship.

9 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Well, ... yes. The nickname had been official adopted before Quinnipiac was dispatched. Thus, the team on the ice was officially the ... Fighting Hawks. 

How many teams can claim they won a championship within six (four?) months of adopting a new nickname. 

9 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Exactly!!! He keeps blaming the REA! Why? These decisions are made by UND with the logo on the ice,  etc. It has been stated many times. Talk about people not able to let it go! 

On ice logo matches the jersey logo,  which were purchased prior to having a hawk logo. This is the last year of the interlocking ND at center ice.

Hockey haters gotta hate. Hope they are not keeping their season tickets,  there are plenty of others waiting to get them. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

continue it?  i was hard core Fighting Sioux forever, then Roughriders, and now i've accepted the name (totally pc and generic) and logo(actually think its kinda nice..no beaks, claws, or chicken legs is all i wanted)...actually somewhat like it with all the rebranding...its the people that stillh ave not moved on that will continue this nonsense.

No teeth. No arms with bulging biceps. 

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Sioux...Hawks...Interlocking ND logo...who cares?  People can root for whatever logo they want as long as it's UND!  Some of you guys would bitch if you were hung with a new rope.

I know folks that'd complain if their ice cream was too cold. 

10 hours ago, darell1976 said:

And it seems like those that have moved on, bought the merchandise, and cheer Go Hawks, will probably be given dirty looks or maybe words will be exchanged.

I won't have a problem with UND fans that are wearing the FH merchandise.  I did have a problem with a certain Bison fan sitting behind me at men's basketball last winter that made an ass of himself squacking like a sick seagull.

12 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I'm sure one mention of Fighting Hawks announced in the REA will be received with a bunch of boos. At least the boos died down in the Alerus as the game went on. If the booers don't like the name announced...don't go to the game. 

Saying that doesn't help, that's just gonna make people want to boo even louder and longer. The crybaby pc crowd finally got what they wanted and now they're going to have to live with the boos for days, weeks or maybe even years and I'm perfectly fine with that. If people don't like the boos they don't have to go to the games. I am a Fighting Sioux forever anti hawk fan but I don't boo the name! 

GO SIOUX!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

I won't have a problem with UND fans that are wearing the FH merchandise.  I did have a problem with a certain Bison fan sitting behind me at men's basketball last winter that made an ass of himself squacking like a sick seagull.

There was a guy about 5 rows down from me at the Potato Bowl that was trying to squawk like a hawk and failed miserably.

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Exactly!!! He keeps blaming the REA! Why? These decisions are made by UND with the logo on the ice,  etc. It has been stated many times. Talk about people not able to let it go! 

You have poor reading skills don't you, you didn't read when I said the words "beyond this season". I know the ice and uniforms aren't ready for this season but they can still announce the team as the Fighting Hawks and they can put the logo on the scoreboard. 

26 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Saying that doesn't help, that's just gonna make people want to boo even louder and longer. The crybaby pc crowd finally got what they wanted and now they're going to have to live with the boos for days, weeks or maybe even years and I'm perfectly fine with that. If people don't like the boos they don't have to go to the games. I am a Fighting Sioux forever anti hawk fan but I don't boo the name! 

GO SIOUX!!!

If people don't like Fighting Hawks being announced or on a uniform...stay home.

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

You have poor reading skills don't you, you didn't read when I said the words "beyond this season". I know the ice and uniforms aren't ready for this season but they can still announce the team as the Fighting Hawks and they can put the logo on the scoreboard. 

Stay away until they do,  if it's bothering you that much

• Upvote 3