SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Hooker sporting a new Fighting Hawks shirt at the Big Sky media day.  Still waiting for a member pf the hockey team (other than Berry) to be spotted with the new logo on their clothing!!

Spotted this on Through These Doors last week.  The guy in yellow (can't tell who it is) is rocking a backwards F'Hawks logo hat.

TTD.JPG

"Hooker sporting a new Fighting Hawks shirt at the Big Sky media day.  Still waiting for a member pf the hockey team (other than Berry) to be spotted with the new logo on their clothing!!"

The latest Midco video on Brad Berrys show had a segment on Trainer Poolman & one of the players had on a Fighting Hawks hat while lifting weights

55 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Give it a rest dude...

And judging by the post below yours you only had to wait approximately 6 minutes.

Just stating the obvious.  Pretty apparent that the mens hockey team is the program that is most resistant to adapting the new name and logo.  Glad to see that some are beginning to embrace change.

I'm really not trying be a dick about the new nickname and logo and whether enough student athletes, coaches, fans, etc are supporting it.  Just my way of trying to accept it.  Don't really mean to put others down for not embracing it at the speed and amount I and others are.  No offense to those others out there.  Sorry guys.

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Just stating the obvious.  Pretty apparent that the mens hockey team is the program that is most resistant to adapting the new name and logo.  Glad to see that some are beginning to embrace change.

I'm really not trying be a dick about the new nickname and logo and whether enough student athletes, coaches, fans, etc are supporting it.  Just my way of trying to accept it.  Don't really mean to put others down for not embracing it at the speed and amount I and others are.  No offense to those others out there.  Sorry guys.

It takes a while for people to accept it. Picking my kids up from school I had my Fighting Sioux hoodie on while wearing a Fighting Hawks cap. Even though I accept the new name, I will always love the old one. Nothing better than the Sioux name and logo, but it was time to move on. Give it a few more years and the Fighting Hawk fans will not only take over the Alerus completely, but it will bleed into the Ralph. 

19 minutes ago, Goon said:

UND women's hockey head coach Brian Idalski was wearing a jacket with the Fighting Hawks logo on it today at media day. 

I'm sure he was.......he better at what he's pulling down and the fact his program is stinking the athletic department financially.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A couple points on this picture.

1.  Other schools have utilized the negative space to form letters much like UND's logo.  Case in point, UW-La Cross Eagles.

2.  I like the feathers on the shoulder.  Wondering if UND will adapt secondary marks like this that can be utilized on jerseys and helmets.  

UWLfootball.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

1.  Other schools have utilized the negative space to form letters much like UND's logo.  Case in point, UW-La Cross Eagles.

2.  I like the feathers on the shoulder.  Wondering if UND will adapt secondary marks like this that can be utilized on jerseys and helmets.  

I dislike this logo even more than ours... FWIW

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UWLfootball.jpg

I like the feathers, but hate the L in the helmet. Go with either the Eagle or the L not both.