SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

7 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

How did anybody know that for a fact?  Not arguing just wondering if there was a way to prove it true.

Good point but there are a lot of people on this site that know everything............I was going with that.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Oh, ABSOLUTELY!!  I saw and interview with a female UND student on WDAZ after the announcement, and she admitted that she "like, voted for, like, Fighting like, Hawks, because, like, it had like, Fighting like, in, like the name, and stuff."

that along with the blackhawks logo, we don't want to copy RR, and what is a Nodak was the common theme during that time on campus, especially social media.  And the random troll that wanted Sundogs from time to time

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

THIS.  I blame everyone that voted for fighting hawks.

In the words of Homer Simpson: Don't blame me, I voted for Kudos!

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

.....but.....but I remember reading on this site it was the students that were the deciding voting block that pushed FH to the victory?  Majority........you are correct they are not but this vote was really never won on a majority.

I think we know what logo the student thought they were getting with fighting hawks.

13 minutes ago, SiouxFan9 said:

Something Mr. Anderson is being "asked" to wear I'm sure...

They decided against putting in on the ice:

CenterIce.JPG

Ah yes I'm sure. And the official line from REA is they didn't have enough time to order the new center ice stencil for this season. 

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ah yes I'm sure. And the official line from REA is they didn't have enough time to order the new center ice stencil for this season. 

I did send an email to the Ralph asking them why there wasn't a Fighting Hawks logo at center ice this year, and they gave me the "we didn't have enough time to get a new stencil created" line.  I guess 2 months is not enough time.  However, I did follow up by asking them if they planned on putting it on center ice for next season and the response I got was:

That decision would be made by UND's athletic director Brian Faison, but we certainly will have more time to prepare for any necessary changes. 

Garth Wiedrich
Marketing Manager
Ralph Engelstad Arena
One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive
Grand Forks, ND 58203
(P) 701.777.0833
www.theralph.com

So I guess the decision on the center ice logo isn't made by Jody Hodgson or anyone else at the Ralph.  It is made by Brian Faison.  

19 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Last I heard the REA doesn't control every field, court, or surface?

This was never about 'every field, court, or surface.' Nobody expected changes overnight, especially where costs and/or third-party ownership created high hurdles. This was about a particular surface that was necessarily being completely manufactured from scratch in September, >2 months after the logo was released.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I did send an email to the Ralph asking them why there wasn't a Fighting Hawks logo at center ice this year, and they gave me the "we didn't have enough time to get a new stencil created" line.  I guess 2 months is not enough time.  However, I did follow up by asking them if they planned on putting it on center ice for next season and the response I got was:

So I guess the decision on the center ice logo isn't made by Jody Hodgson or anyone else at the Ralph.  It is made by Brian Faison.  

I was at the Sioux shop over a month or so ago and I asked the worker if they're going to put ed's logo on center ice. She told me that they were still debating that. She also said they were leaning toward not doing it this season because the uniforms won't have it. At least that's the story I got...

2 hours ago, SiouxFan9 said:

I was at the Sioux shop over a month or so ago and I asked the worker if they're going to put ed's logo on center ice. She told me that they were still debating that. She also said they were leaning toward not doing it this season because the uniforms won't have it. At least that's the story I got...

Because a random Sioux Shop worker is a quality source???;)

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SiouxFan9 said:

Sounds like a good reason to me.