SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

6 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

In my opinion UND should forget about begging for a game with the Ag College, or even giving them favorable terms if they decide they want to play us.  We don't need them.  There will be a day where they're going to come to us and want a game, either because of UND's standing in the football world or because their fans demand it.

A perfect example is Kentucky - Louisville basketball.  When I was growing up and in college, Kentucky refused to play Louisville.  Kentucky had the "brand" and the history of success.  They looked at it like they had nothing to gain.  But then they started meeting up with Louisville in the NCAAs, and would lose, and suddenly the school and their fans decided maybe they should play.

Same deal here.  Get our own house in order.  Make the playoffs.  Take them down.  Before long they'll be banging those milk pails demanding a game with us.

Thats the way you do it. Get better. Dont wish or pray for NDSU to fail and lose.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Messenger??? LOL Paid hatchet man--yes. :)

I'm pretty out of the loop on this kind of thing, not sure if it was you the referred to this blogger as having handlers.  but anywho...   Who is the payer?  Who are the handlers?  Is this your opinion or do you have the microfilm?

In regards to NDSU scheduling Delaware and the apparent hypocrisy pointed out by some on this board, has anyone brought up the fact that 2019 is a year in which 12 games can be scheduled? So in spite of the fact that NDSU has a road game at an FCS school, they still have UND and Butler coming in, and therefore are getting their 6th home game. They can also try and schedule an FBS game as well that year if they want a 12th game. 

44 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I'm pretty out of the loop on this kind of thing, not sure if it was you the referred to this blogger as having handlers.  but anywho...   Who is the payer?  Who are the handlers?  Is this your opinion or do you have the microfilm?

Heres a start. 

http://theprairieblog.areavoices.com/2016/01/07/a-short-well-sort-of-introduction-to-the-koch-brothers-influence-in-north-dakota/

This guy isnt an innocent blogging bystander.

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

He didnt say UND as the school itself. Its UND educated legislators. :silly:

The North Dakota legislature has more NDSU educated legislators than UND educated legislators and those two combined still make up less than 50% of all legislators. With that fact in mind, please tell me more about how the legislature somehow is pro-UND.

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

A lot of innuendo of which absolutely zero has to do with higher education but it sure has the making of a great conspiracy theory. What do the claims of the Koch brothers infusing money directly and/or indirectly into North Dakota politics to get conservative candidates elected have to do with Dean Bresciani?

Questioning the motives of the blogger is silly.  I'd even go so far as to admit the blogger had an agenda.

But here is the question.  If the exact same emails/text messages were discovered and published by the world's biggest Bison fan, do those messages change in any fashion?  They still prove he lied about when he knew about the policy, and lied about his initial support of the policy.

If there was some claim the messages were manufactured or altered, then the motives or agenda of the blogger become an issue.  But NDSU produced these records.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

The North Dakota has more NDSU educated legislators than UND educated legislators and those two combined still make up less than 50% of all legislators. With that fact in mind, please tell me more about how the legislature somehow is pro-UND.

A lot of innuendo of which absolutely zero has to do with higher education but it sure has the making of a great conspiracy theory. What do the claims of the Koch brothers infusing money directly and/or indirectly into North Dakota politics to get conservative candidates elected have to do with Dean Bresciani?

Obviously you didnt see the connection between him and the legislators. You know the legislator who has feed him his marching papers and emails. I know you dont want to see or admit it but for most its pretty blatant.  This is no conspiracy being conjured up by the fans of NDSU.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Obviously you didnt see the connection between him and the legislators. You know the legislator who has feed him his marching papers and emails. I know you dont want to see or admit it but for most its pretty blatant.  This is no conspiracy being conjured up by the fans of NDSU.

So you are saying it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the public and media, as long as the lying is done by a bizon official?

Obviously, you napped through an ethics class as did your Bizonville sausage friends.

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

You either didn't read the blog post or aren't comprehending what it said. It was about money being put into non-traditional media for the purpose of electing conservatives into the legislature. There is zero to do with higher education, it isn't mentioned once and even if the claims are true, it isn't the purpose of the backing. Why concern do the Koch brothers have with higher ed in ND and how does their money matter? Someone claiming a blogger is being paid money for something completely unrelated has nothing to do with Dean Bresciani's not being able to get out of his own way.

Talk about a random distraction from the actual issue at hand. None of your "accusations" change anything that DB has done.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Deadspin.com has a new NDSU article today, calling Bresciani's pomposity breathtaking.  That goes for NDSU fans too, as their pomposity knows no limits.

Coming from the most pompous and arrogant poster on any board that I have every read, your assertion above is pretty humorous.   Your content here would quickly draw a written apology from DB or Rob Port had they penned anything close to it.  If that weren't enough, you've even tried to envoke Devine support for your drivel during brief moments of conscious awareness.

Port meet kettle, is all I have to say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, SJHovey said:

In my opinion UND should forget about begging for a game with the Ag College, or even giving them favorable terms if they decide they want to play us.  We don't need them.  There will be a day where they're going to come to us and want a game, either because of UND's standing in the football world or because their fans demand it.

A perfect example is Kentucky - Louisville basketball.  When I was growing up and in college, Kentucky refused to play Louisville.  Kentucky had the "brand" and the history of success.  They looked at it like they had nothing to gain.  But then they started meeting up with Louisville in the NCAAs, and would lose, and suddenly the school and their fans decided maybe they should play.

Same deal here.  Get our own house in order.  Make the playoffs.  Take them down.  Before long they'll be banging those milk pails demanding a game with us.

Your point is basically right...UND should worry more improving about itself and less about scheduling a game with NDSU. However, don't hold your breath waiting for NDSU to come to UND "demanding" a game. That's never going to happen.

• Downvote 2

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Deadspin.com has a new NDSU article today, calling Bresciani's pomposity breathtaking.  That goes for NDSU fans too, as their pomposity knows no limits.

Like 2 grown -ss men frolicking into BWW North last night with Eagles Wentz jerseys on?  Cheering like they won the super bowl on a 3rd down completion that was 2 yards short of a first down in a pre-season game?  Nah.....you're crazy!!

On the other side of it, they have some really good fans/folks, too.(hate to admit)

5 hours ago, Herd said:

Coming from the most pompous and arrogant poster on any board that I have every read, your assertion above is pretty humorous.   Your content here would quickly draw a written apology from DB or Rob Port had they penned anything close to it.  If that weren't enough, you've even tried to envoke Devine support for your drivel during brief moments of conscious awareness.

Port meet kettle, is all I have to say.

Coming from the troll balcony, that is high praise for my postings.  At least they are hitting the targets.

At a time when the governor has slashed budgets and universities and colleges in ND are having to make tough budgetary decisions the SBHE is hiring a third party audit investigator to look over DB handling of the media policy. http://www.wdaz.com/news/4093146-nd-higher-ed-audit-panel-hire-independent-investigator-review-bresciani-media-rules

How much is this going to cost? I think it was pretty obvious from the open records request that DB handled this very poorly and the board should be able to determine if he violated policy or not without having to hire someone. Fire his a$$.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I overheard some bison fans today saying Wentz didn't look too great in his first preseason game. I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. I had a feeling he wouldn't be ready for the pros right away, but could be a big time player in the future once he gets used to the fast pace.

From what I saw he had a pretty good first game. Hit some really nice passes and moved real well. He did make a real dumb pass and paid for it. I also thought he had a good command of the field. he didnt look out of place.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, bison73 said:

From what I saw he had a pretty good first game. Hit some really nice passes and moved real well. He did make a real dumb pass and paid for it. I also thought he had a good command of the field. he didnt look out of place.

Agree.  It was his first NFL game.  He played kind of as one should have expected.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crb1 said:

At a time when the governor has slashed budgets and universities and colleges in ND are having to make tough budgetary decisions the SBHE is hiring a third party audit investigator to look over DB handling of the media policy. http://www.wdaz.com/news/4093146-nd-higher-ed-audit-panel-hire-independent-investigator-review-bresciani-media-rules

How much is this going to cost? I think it was pretty obvious from the open records request that DB handled this very poorly and the board should be able to determine if he violated policy or not without having to hire someone. Fire his a$$.

So what does this mean (other than a bill for the ND SBoHE)? I have my suspicions and beliefs but I'd like to poll the audience first.