SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

43 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm at the game. Crowd isn't that loud. Neither team is sharp. Geaux Bucs!

C'mon geaux!??? You went south for a game???   I'm at a lose for words....seriously!  Take out the und games over the last thirty years I have watched ZERO of the team!   Hope your having fun

Yeah.....while not a very good game....at least it's close going into the 4th, wasn't expecting it to be.  I would guess NDSU will pull it it out at home in the 4th....especially with some injuries on CSU's defense, which sounds like they aren't that deep.  CSU would need a big play or two, they can't get anything up the middle on offense.

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Yeah.....while not a very good game....at least it's close going into the 4th, wasn't expecting it to be.  I would guess NDSU will pull it it out at home in the 4th....especially with some injuries on CSU's defense, which sounds like they aren't that deep.  CSU would need a big play or two, they can't get anything up the middle on offense.

Not sure I would say its not a good game. Both teams have a little rust, but its a top ten matchup going into the 4th quarter tied. I'd call is a good, solid defensive game overall. I know Stick is only a RSo. but he is not Wentz ... yet.

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not sure I would say its not a good game. Both teams have a little rust, but its a top ten matchup going into the 4th quarter tied. I'd call is a good, solid defensive game overall. I know Stick is only a RSo. but he is not Wentz ... yet.

Maybe I should take that back, because that was hideous coverage on that last TD pass.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'd call it, not a very good game.  This game doesn't feel like a Ravens - Steelers game that is 13-10 but still fun to watch. Just my opinion.

Just now, Sioux94 said:

I'd call it, not a very good game.  This game doesn't feel like a Ravens - Steelers game that is 13-10 but still fun to watch. Just my opinion.

I know what you mean, maybe I'm just happy football is back on. Can't even express how pumped this is getting me for Thursday though.

Pretty bold statement from Mack Brown saying Stick will play in the NFL.  So he is saying that Stick is better than 90-95% of the current FBS QB's?  He may end up being a really good QB the next couple years, but to say already that he'll be playing in the NFL.....

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Pretty bold statement from Mack Brown saying Stick will play in the NFL.  So he is saying that Stick is better than 90-95% of the current FBS QB's?  He may end up being a really good QB the next couple years, but to say already that he'll be playing in the NFL.....

Agreed, very bold statement. Though I believe he did say Pro football, not NFL, so maybe he has a big arena league career ahead of him :) . Stick is a great player and athlete, but he does need to improve his passing game overall.

True, I think you are right and he said Pro football.  Although I don't think I've ever heard an announcer say.....this kid is CFL or Arena league material, so I assumed he meant NFL.  But he did say Pro so you are right....and being good enough to make the CFL isn't anything to be ashamed of!

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

True, I think you are right and he said Pro football.  Although I don't think I've ever heard an announcer say.....this kid is CFL or Arena league material, so I assumed he meant NFL.  But he did say Pro so you are right....and being good enough to make the CFL isn't anything to be ashamed of!

Haha, I know he meant NFL, I was just joking around. Agreed, CFL is a legit career, more than I ever had .... and I don't like to brag but I did play of year of 9th grade "C" team football :)  .

• Upvote 1

Anyone else hate how likeable Kliemann is? Hard to dislike a guy that classy? I know he stepped into a pretty sweet spot  (Not much different than Bubs taking over for Hak, or Hak taking over for Blaise), but credit due to the guy he has done very well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

Good game.  One dimensional teams don't fair well in Fargo.  CSU won't be a playoff team this year.  

FU vs EWU should be pretty good in a couple weeks.  

Glad the season is here.  

Agreed on the one dimensional teams in Fargo. I wasn't a fan of CSUs overall offense. Triple option in cool when it works, and it showed flashes. Overall, they had a nice showing defensively (minus that OT play).

I don't know enough about CSU to say whether or not they will be a playoff team or not. They just took the #1 team in the country, and 5 time defending champ, to OT, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and not count them out.

FU and EWU - I don't think this will be that close. EU will have its share of offense, but the Bison D is too good; and the EWU is nothing special. I'll take the Bison by, at least, 14. Maybe I'll be way off base, but the Bison D already look pretty good (better than at the start of last season) and I only see Stick and the (passing) offense improving ... they have good depth in the running game.

Also SOO glad the season is hear ... just anxious for Thursday.

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

C'mon geaux!??? You went south for a game???   I'm at a lose for words....seriously!  Take out the und games over the last thirty years I have watched ZERO of the team!   Hope your having fun

People "like" my UND shirt. Tons of "im a bizun football and Und hockey fan" people. My Bucs almost got the job done. Their d is a little smallish but very quick and great tacklers. Just to clarify I didn't head south for this game I live in fargo for now. I wouldn't waste the gas even for free tickets when UND isn't playing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed on the one dimensional teams in Fargo. I wasn't a fan of CSUs overall offense. Triple option in cool when it works, and it showed flashes. Overall, they had a nice showing defensively (minus that OT play).

I don't know enough about CSU to say whether or not they will be a playoff team or not. They just took the #1 team in the country, and 5 time defending champ, to OT, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and not count them out.

FU and EWU - I don't think this will be that close. EU will have its share of offense, but the Bison D is too good; and the EWU is nothing special. I'll take the Bison by, at least, 14. Maybe I'll be way off base, but the Bison D already look pretty good (better than at the start of last season) and I only see Stick and the (passing) offense improving ... they have good depth in the running game.

Also SOO glad the season is hear ... just anxious for Thursday.

If NDSU's defense is at all vulnerable this year it is through the air.  

• Upvote 1