SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So what does this mean (other than a bill for the ND SBoHE)? I have my suspicions and beliefs but I'd like to poll the audience first. 

the SBoHE nice way of saying: maybe you should leave on your own terms before the hammer drops?

the SBoHE finding a way to not be the bad guys when they say: Here is an extension.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

From what I saw he had a pretty good first game. Hit some really nice passes and moved real well. He did make a real dumb pass and paid for it. I also thought he had a good command of the field. he didnt look out of place.

I agree. Had some drops that were right in receivers hands. Over threw a few but all in all he had a good game. Will only get better.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

the SBoHE nice way of saying: maybe you should leave on your own terms before the hammer drops?

the SBoHE finding a way to not be the bad guys when they say: Here is an extension.

I second the two options above.  This is the SBoHE way of pinning the blame on someone else to make the job more attractive to the replacement applicants or make it easier to face the fire when they extend a public official who lied to the public and has now had two weeks to get his story straight.

4 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Your point is basically right...UND should worry more improving about itself and less about scheduling a game with NDSU. However, don't hold your breath waiting for NDSU to come to UND "demanding" a game. That's never going to happen.

I'll just say it: you're wrong. 

38 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That's about what I estimate as well -- hire a scapegoat either way.

Such typical "management": Need to make a decision? Hire a "consultant" so you don't have to and can shift the blame. 

36 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Dan Marino?

58% 2200 yds 20 TD 6 int.  His next year was 64% 5000 yds 48 td 16 int.... Even Marino was a bit of a game manager as a rookie. And that's all you can really ask.

Luck who was considered the best since Elway was 54% 4300 yds 23 td 18 int. They asked him to carry the team with over 600 attempts and he didn't do awful.

Big Ben was the ultimate rookie game manager and he had 66% 2600 yds 17 TDs and 11 int.

A lot of people think Tom Brady won a Super Bowl as a rookie but he was a second year game manager who did 64% 2800 yds  18 yds and 12 ints.

What I'm getting at is even the all time great started out as simple game managers and evolved into gun slingers. I think Wentz will do the same, book it.

• Upvote 2

On August 10, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Hey, remember in 2002 when NDSU announced they were moving up to D1 and were disappointed that UND didn't do the same?  Yeah, that was 14 years ago.  Presidents, AD's, coaches, etc for then are long gone.  I think its maybe time to get over it.  The "deep wound" that NDSU has due to UND choosing not to move up the same time sure does take a long time to heal.  

You ask why schedule this game?  Why do UND fans want this game played more often?  If you attended NDSU games in 2003 and every year prior, you would understand why.  

It's funny that NDSU can't get over what happened over a decade ago but yet they mended fences with USD who also refused to schedule them while they stayed in D2, and guess what NDSU played a road game against them. We stopped playing SDSU in all sports while we were in D2 and guess what they scheduled a home and home against us once we moved up. No hard feelings from the folks in Brookings they aren't scared to come to Grand Forks for a game. I guess the Bison don't want to go 0-3 in the Alerus.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

58% 2200 yds 20 TD 6 int.  His next year was 64% 5000 yds 48 td 16 int.... Even Marino was a bit of a game manager as a rookie. And that's all you can really ask.

Luck who was considered the best since Elway was 54% 4300 yds 23 td 18 int. They asked him to carry the team with over 600 attempts and he didn't do awful.

Big Ben was the ultimate rookie game manager and he had 66% 2600 yds 17 TDs and 11 int.

A lot of people think Tom Brady won a Super Bowl as a rookie but he was a second year game manager who did 64% 2800 yds  18 yds and 12 ints.

What I'm getting at is even the all time great started out as simple game managers and evolved into gun slingers. I think Wentz will do the same, book it.

Dan Marino had a HOF coach to help him develop, if you get a crappy coach even the best college QB won't survive at the next level.

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'll just say it: you're wrong. 

IMO, NDSU is never going to "demand" a game with UND.

There may come a time a time when NDSU wants the game more than it apparently does now, but it will NEVER "demand" a game. As much as you might like to see it, that's not going to happen.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I overheard some bison fans today saying Wentz didn't look too great in his first preseason game. I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. I had a feeling he wouldn't be ready for the pros right away, but could be a big time player in the future once he gets used to the fast pace.

Guy only played (started?) two years of College...in the second division....his best hope is to ride the pine for awhile (aaron rodgers).

37 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Guy only played (started?) two years of College...in the second division....his best hope is to ride the pine for awhile (aaron rodgers).

He was the second overall pick and he gets put on the bench. I don't see the reason or value in that when they could have drafter a starter at any other position.

24 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He was the second overall pick and he gets put on the bench. I don't see the reason or value in that when they could have drafter a starter at any other position.

They can afford it I guess, and/or happy at other positions vs the available talent....unfortunately for Wentz the odds are stacked against him, but fortunately for him he already made big money. 

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

They can afford it I guess, and/or happy at other positions vs the available talent....unfortunately for Wentz the odds are stacked against him, but fortunately for him he already made big money. 

I really don't know why you would say the odds are stacked against him. The plan may be for him to ride the bench this year, but it's virtually certain that he will get his chance to be the starter sometime this year or next. The general opinion is that he does have the stuff to be a long-term starter in the NFL...and there is that $26m guaranteed contract. Carson Wentz will get his chance to start in Philadelphia. The rest, of course, is up to him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Griese played on a team that ran as a first second and third option. Don't get it twisted.

Marino played on a team that had no running game until he retired. Shula knew how to get Marino weapons to throw to and people that could block for him. You don't win 347 games and not know how to pick a QB. Shula won with the running game, and passing game. He even took a team to the SB with two quarterbacks and no running game. Saying Shula wasn't a QB guru is not true. 

19 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Marino played on a team that had no running game until he retired. Shula knew how to get Marino weapons to throw to and people that could block for him. You don't win 347 games and not know how to pick a QB. Shula won with the running game, and passing game. He even took a team to the SB with two quarterbacks and no running game. Saying Shula wasn't a QB guru is not true. 

Shula is not a QB guru. 

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

I'm pretty sure Philly needs more help than at QB! There was a ton of talent available. I just can't understand what they are thinking.

43 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I'm pretty sure Philly needs more help than at QB! There was a ton of talent available. I just can't understand what they are thinking.

It's pretty obvious what the Eagles were thinking when they drafted Wentz...they believed that they were drafting a "franchise" player at what is, by far, the most important position in the game. If you find that player at that position, the rest becomes much easier.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1