SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

It's funny when the jokes just write themselves. The newest idea to save DB is a petition! Luckily, this one carries no weight so the anonymous and unverifiable "signatures" won't get anyone in trouble this time around.

Still curious why there hasn't been more made of why DB was led to believe by someone within the athletic department that the media restrictions were known before the bids and that they were common, when neither is true.

Two months earlier and those names could have wrote themselves.  Starting with "Bob Johnson"

Did I hear NDSU scheduled a home and away football game with an FCS program.     Delaware is an  FCS program, right?    I thought they had said they only want to go on the road for an FBS game.    They can't schedule a home and away with   UND because they aren't able to go to Grand Forks because they can't give up that home game.    Hypocrisy at it's best.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Did I hear NDSU scheduled a home and away football game with an FCS program.     Delaware is an  FCS program, right?    I thought they had said they only want to go on the road for an FBS game.    They can't schedule a home and away with   UND because they aren't able to go to Grand Forks because they can't give up that home game.    Hypocrisy at it's best.

You misunderstand their standing policy I believe. As seen by their scheduling history, they are more than willing to go on the road and schedule home and homes with teams they consider to be the "who's who" of the FCS for non-conference. Montana, Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington, Delaware has been down recently, but is a historical powerhouse at this level. That being said, there have been exceptions to that rule over the years that speak closer to the point you are making, Weber St. being the only one that comes to mind for me. Scheduling UND has a lot of baggage that goes along with it that has been hashed and rehashed and then beaten to a bloody pulp that we don't need to get into, but you and I both know that a home and home contract with UND doesn't end once it's fulfilled like the rest of those contracts do. Scheduling a home and home with UND carries with it a weight of pushing toward a yearly game, that is what NDSU is trying to avoid so they have the freedom of scheduling that they currently have to schedule some of these (no disrespect is intended) more "name brand" FCS teams when the opportunities arise.

Call BS on the above if you like, but that is the perspective on the situation that NDSU and it's fans currently have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You misunderstand their standing policy I believe. As seen by their scheduling history, they are more than willing to go on the road and schedule home and homes with teams they consider to be the "who's who" of the FCS for non-conference. Montana, Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington, Delaware has been down recently, but is a historical powerhouse at this level. That being said, there have been exceptions to that rule over the years that speak closer to the point you are making, Weber St. being the only one that comes to mind for me. Scheduling UND has a lot of baggage that goes along with it that has been hashed and rehashed and then beaten to a bloody pulp that we don't need to get into, but you and I both know that a home and home contract with UND doesn't end once it's fulfilled like the rest of those contracts do. Scheduling a home and home with UND carries with it a weight of pushing toward a yearly game, that is what NDSU is trying to avoid so they have the freedom of scheduling that they currently have to schedule some of these (no disrespect is intended) more "name brand" FCS teams when the opportunities arise.

Call BS on the above if you like, but that is the perspective on the situation that NDSU and it's fans currently have.

Boring.  Let's face it.  NDSU doesn't want to come to Grand Forks under any conditions.  Believe it or not they might just lose.  It would really hurt their ego to come north.  They would rather stay arrogant and go anywhere but Grand Forks.  Kind of sad for the fans of the  North Dakota schools.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Calling BS as you suggested and hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So once again they lied about the real reason.

I think an UND / NDSU every four years would be just fine . . . gives a player the opportunity to get in on at least

one of those games in his time there (if he plays for four years).  That would be an "away game" every eight years.  Sound good?  Yeah, I like it too.

• Downvote 1

We will see if NDSU thinks they are too good to play a low life like UND when they start having mediocre seasons. They will be crawling back sooner or later!

its the typical NDSU vibe of thinking they are superior to every one else, explains who their fans think they can compete in a big 12 type of league. Keep dreaming!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Boring.  Let's face it.  NDSU doesn't want to come to Grand Forks under any conditions.  Believe it or not they might just lose.  It would really hurt their ego to come north.  They would rather stay arrogant and go anywhere but Grand Forks.  Kind of sad for the fans of the  North Dakota schools.

It doesnt have anything to do with the thought of losing. If that was the reason we wouldnt even play you in Fargo.

The reason we wont come to GF anytime  soon is---IMO I repeat IMO---- is your past behavior towards NDSU, BFs asshattery and demands during the negotiations and a deep seated dislike of UND and its culture. We just dont like you and the baggage associated with dealing with you. Plus you then also add in our scheduling philosophy.  That doesnt put you in a priority position.   Again. This is my opinion.

I do have a question for the board. Considering the dislike for all things NDSU and the bad mouthing that comes with it why do you want this game so badly? Why the whining when we schedule other schools?

• Downvote 6

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

The Bison won't be on top forever and when they start to have mediocre seasons my guess is their tune will change.

If we lose some of our luster then it will be easier to schedule other schools who wont play us now. How does that put you in a better position?

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

It doesnt have anything to do with the thought of losing. If that was the reason we wouldnt even play you in Fargo.

The reason we wont come to GF anytime  soon is---IMO I repeat IMO---- is your past behavior towards NDSU, BFs asshattery and demands during the negotiations and a deep seated dislike of UND and its culture. We just dont like you and the baggage associated with dealing with you. Plus you then also add in our scheduling philosophy.  That doesnt put you in a priority position.   Again. This is my opinion.

I do have a question for the board. Considering the dislike for all things NDSU and the bad mouthing that comes with it why do you want this game so badly? Why the whining when we schedule other schools?

We take great joy in beating an in state rival and fans enjoy the game.  Most schools play their onstage rivals. Call it a college tradition 

57 minutes ago, bison73 said:

How many times do we have to go over the fact that GT was the one who kept changing the terms of the deals even after they were accepted and the Fargo media was the one that kept asking questions about the games being scheduled? Not to mention there doesn't seem to be an issue scheduling any other sport. And I'd love to hear more about UND and its culture. They sure didn't have a problem charging fans the highest price ever for a single game ticket against such an unworthy opponent.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Hey, remember in 2002 when NDSU announced they were moving up to D1 and were disappointed that UND didn't do the same?  Yeah, that was 14 years ago.  Presidents, AD's, coaches, etc for then are long gone.  I think its maybe time to get over it.  The "deep wound" that NDSU has due to UND choosing not to move up the same time sure does take a long time to heal.  

You ask why schedule this game?  Why do UND fans want this game played more often?  If you attended NDSU games in 2003 and every year prior, you would understand why.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Delaware has been down recently, but is a historical powerhouse at this level.

I think historical powerhouse is a little bit of a stretch. Won a title in 2003 and since then have only had 3 playoff appearances (losing in the title game twice). Since losing in the championship game in 2010, Delaware is 29-28 over the last 5 seasons with 0 playoff appearances, finishing no higher than 5th in the CAA in that time frame. They were a consistent playoff team in the mid/late 80's to mid/late 90's.

UND is 28-28 over the last 5 season with 0 playoff appearances (only being eligible for 4 of those years, 2011 was final season of transition and well, whatever last year was).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

1.  If you don't like us why are you here every day.   2.  Even though many NDSU people hate to admit it, many NDSU fans were excited about the UND-NDSU game this year.  Just wait until next time when the game is more evenly matched it will be even more exciting.  Who do you think years down the road your players will remember playing during the regular season......Weber State/SDSU........or UND.  I'm guessing they will look back at those UND games. I think every other year would be good, 4 years apart is too much....hard to build or hold a rivalry if rarely play.

1 hour ago, UND-1 said:

"it's culture".  Dohkay Chief.  

Faison was such an asshat, yah.  Asking for a game every year between 100+ year in-state rivals.  What an crazy asshat.

He didnt ask. He Demanded. If he wouldnt have done that the game would have been played long before it did.

51 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Hey, remember in 2002 when NDSU announced they were moving up to D1 and were disappointed that UND didn't do the same?  Yeah, that was 14 years ago.  Presidents, AD's, coaches, etc for then are long gone.  I think its maybe time to get over it.  The "deep wound" that NDSU has due to UND choosing not to move up the same time sure does take a long time to heal.  

You ask why schedule this game?  Why do UND fans want this game played more often?  If you attended NDSU games in 2003 and every year prior, you would understand why.  

Ive played in the game. I know what the rivaly is all about. I was for restarting the rivalry. So you can put that to rest.

Yep you would think that people would forget that you refused to schedule us in any sport. Yeah like thats going to happen. LOL

3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

He didnt ask. He Demanded. If he wouldnt have done that the game would have been played long before it did.

Faison responded, again, with a request for a home-and-home series, according to an e-mail obtained by an open-record request by the Grand Forks Herald.

Faison continued, saying UND would play NDSU in Fargo on September 19, 2015, for no guarantee, "knowing that you will do the right thing and return the game to Grand Forks on any one of seven alternative dates I have given you in earlier e-mails."  Those dates include possible games in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.

"Just as you were able to work out a home-and-home series recently with Weber State, there should be no reason why we cannot get this same thing done for our series," Faison wrote to Taylor. "You even have a draft contract that we sent you in January of 2013. . . that could help frame getting this done in short order."

That is demanding?  Sounds like pretty standard lingo to me.  

• Upvote 1