SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

10 hours ago, Herd said:

Brescani and Larson put a poor media policy in place, saw the error and corrected it within 48-72 hours.  I don't really see why anything else should matter.  Brescsni and Larson fixed the policy.   i really don't care about the witch-hunt from the fat bastard.   If you do, I'm happy for you.   What he knew, what he thought . . . Who cares, the policy was correctly fixed.  

The cover-up is always worse than the original folly. 

This cover-up uncovered (verified?) the character of the players involved. 

2 hours ago, Herd said:

It's similar to the narrative that you get from CEO's and HR folks in corporate America on a daily basis, except we don't have access to their email and text messages.  Should someone get all the detail on Ports driving record and DUI and publish the detail on his actions?  

The difference: public versus private. 

Private CEOs are subject to their owners/shareholders.
Public employees are subject to the taxpayers and the laws of that State, like FOIA. Bresciani knows that. He erred. 

And if you're interested in Port's driving records, ... public court records. Have at it. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The difference: public versus private. 

Private CEOs are subject to their owners/shareholders.
Public employees are subject to the taxpayers and the laws of that State, like FOIA. Bresciani knows that. He erred. 

And if you're interested in Port's driving records, ... public court records. Have at it. 

I just conducted a search for Rob's criminal history and driving record and I am finding nothing. I am not sure why some are interested in this. The fact remains that the NDSU president lied and he was exposed. 

• Upvote 1

The President of NDSU lied.  And then it was exposed to everyone that he lied and blamed his subordinates for not giving hime the information when the result of his lie proved to be very unpopular.  Is this a big deal?  Should the Forum and Rob Port be writing articles about it?  Well, when you are a President of a state funded University and you are exposed for lying and trying to cover it up, I guess it is news.  Should Bresciani be fired over it?  Well, I guess that's for the SBOHE to decide.  It is definitely not the thing you want o do when your contract is being reviewed by the SBOHE.  

For all the Bison fans on here and elsewhere, if you think its not a big deal, then stop commenting on it.  The fact that people are still talking about it validates that it is a least worthy of talking about.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

What we know about Bresciani:

You never know if he's telling the truth.

He admits to "spinning" stories.

The quote was to "control the spin"?  IOW he wanted to control the spin--like you are trying to put on it.:)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Herd said:

There may have been parts of the media policy that he didn't fully understand.  Who are we to say.  He certainly didn't know what the reaction would be, and fixed it appropriately.

Using an open records law to look at text messages is a chicken !@#$ action of a idiot with a ill advised Vandetta.  The fact that he went to that level is uglier than anything that Brescani might have done.   You can thank God they didnt look at your recent Presidents texts over the years, or the other guy they just forced out for all the conduct with giving raises and taking trips.  Where Ports texts on that guy?  I guess they just pick and choose the school to sttack.  Disgusting chicken !@#$ action.

For all you know, he did request texts on the UND guys and did not find anything particularly interesting.

Dr. B got busted. No sense trying to defend it I guess.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

UND nickname/logo issue put to bed

Until hockey season.... Sioux yeah yeah??

“This new development is serious and consistent with communications issues the Board previously identified in Dr. Bresciani’s improvement plan,” (ND SBoHE chair Katherine) Neset said in a statement. “After the Board has had the opportunity to review the information, it will consider next steps as soon as possible.”

In June, the state board delayed extending Bresciani’s contract until this fall, asking him to improve his performance in the areas of communication, teamwork, collaboration, research and consolidation of information technology.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4089942-education-board-reviewing-brescianis-texts-media-rules

That bolded portion should give Bresciani great pause. 

Bresciani says his texts were "not apprpriate". 

You know what I don't see in Bresciani's words? An apology. Not to his AD that he threw under the bus, nor to the alumni he had no time for, nor to his university for creating this giant distraction. 

4) As soon as possible, I sought information on the matter. Initially, it was my understanding that: (a) the guidelines had been part of the bid process so that all the local media companies understood that these were going to be implemented; and (b) the new guidelines were fairly common across the country.

5) In light of the above, and reflecting my loyalty to NDSU faculty, staff and students, I briefed the Chancellor and SBHE of the situation through an email and offered my support to both the athletics staff and the guidelines. I now understand that my initial support was misplaced and some of my text communications were not appropriate.

So, if DB's newest e-mail is to be taken at face value (:silly:), then he was led to believe some very incorrect things about the new guidelines which was the basis for his support. The leads to a pretty interesting question on who is responsible for this supposed incorrect information, why they misinformed him and what kind of consequences that has. This is a complete aside for the inappropriate texts/e-mails, which are a whole separate issue that reflects poorly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So, if DB's newest e-mail is to be taken at face value (:silly:), then he was led to believe some very incorrect things about the new guidelines which was the basis for his support. The leads to a pretty interesting question on who is responsible for this supposed incorrect information, why they misinformed him and what kind of consequences that has. This is a complete aside for the inappropriate texts/e-mails, which are a whole separate issue that reflects poorly.

Or it was an attempt to "control the spin".  

Just now, homer said:

Right, wrong or in different, their decision will set the bar for all university presidents in the NDUS and what rules they expect everyone to play by.  

And what bar they set will surely be noticed by the Carlson Cabal in the Legislature. 

37 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I think one must also look at the timing of the kerfuffle he was responding to in his texts. Were they while he was away at the funeral when the blow up occured? Its also plausible that he didnt have all the details of the media rights deal so he wouldnt of had the foresight to look at the immediate and long range repercussions. Were more stipulations put in to place after the original consultation so he would have been blindsided by the whole thing and then trying to do damage control without knowing all the details?. Hence the inappropriate texts.

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bresciani says his texts were "not apprpriate". 

You know what I don't see in Bresciani's words? An apology. Not to his AD that he threw under the bus, nor to the alumni he had no time for, nor to his university for creating this giant distraction. 

Where did the "alumni he had no time for" come from??  Why are you so concerned about an apology to NDSU?   You trying to add to the supposed drama? LOL

31 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Where did the "alumni he had no time for" come from??  

Bresciani (in his email related to the situation) regarding an email from an alumnus said,

"For even me to dip down to this level of discourse would in my experience be ill-advised." *

So addressing the concerns of alumni of his university is a "dip down" for him?

C'mon bison73, know your place before Bresciani. 

*See here, July 31, 5:24 pm

36 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Why are you so concerned about an apology to NDSU? 

Easy. The outcome of this will also impact UND. Like the man said ... 

1 hour ago, homer said:

Right, wrong or in different, their decision will set the bar for all university presidents in the NDUS and what rules they expect everyone to play by.  

52 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Where did the "alumni he had no time for" come from??  Why are you so concerned about an apology to NDSU?   You trying to add to the supposed drama? LOL

Wait a minute. Bison 73, I haven't seen you post 3 positive physical features of Rob Port yet. You're on double secret probation, remember?

8 minutes ago, bang said:

Wait a minute. Bison 73, I haven't seen you post 3 positive physical features of Rob Port yet. You're on double secret probation, remember?

He looks like a movie star.  Chumley from TN Tuxedo.

Im still working on the other two.

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bresciani (in his email related to the situation) regarding an email from an alumnus said,

"For even me to dip down to this level of discourse would in my experience be ill-advised." *

So addressing the concerns of alumni of his university is a "dip down" for him?

C'mon bison73, know your place before Bresciani. 

*See here, July 31, 5:24 pm

Wow considering the context of that statement, he had it exactly right on trying to control the spin.   Operative words are--level of discourse. You do know what that means?

No where does he state what you infer.

If the level of discourse was to name call on Twitter with McFeely, sure....having a discussion via email with an alumni is a different story...

...we don't know the level of discourse, but in general it's disrespectful to not even give a respectful reply with at least a "Thanks for your concern. The issue is being looked into. Please direct all future questions to...." to an alum and instead write an email telling people you don't want to respond.