SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Could be true, but that is what I thought last season when MT passed all over them. They do tend to figure it out and coach up the deficiencies... I guess we'll see.

They don't have CJ Smith. The guys they have will improve no doubt but I didn't see a cb with that it factor like their guys the past few years have had.

10 hours ago, homer said:

Good game.  One dimensional teams don't fair well in Fargo.  CSU won't be a playoff team this year.  

FU vs EWU should be pretty good in a couple weeks.  

Glad the season is here.  

Charleston Sourhern won't be a playoff team? 

I disagree, although anything is possible this early. 

Good ball game last night with NDSU  and Charleston Southern. All you can ask for is a close game in the Fargodome these days and last night's game certainly delivered that. My pregame prediction was it would be another blowout for NDSU; there's not very many FCS teams that can handle the crowd noise there. Give Charleston Southern credit for playing tough. 

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

After four weeks they will likely be 1-3 with their win over a DII school.  Not much room for error in the rest of the conference season. 

21 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Announcers kept harping on theirlack of depth. They had some injuries too last night. Youcould say lack of depth ie: experience was what kept us out of playoffs

7 minutes ago, homer said:

After four weeks they will likely be 1-3 with their win over a DII school.  Not much room for error in the rest of the conference season. 

They have a shot if they are "quality losses"

• Upvote 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

Had UND lost to NDSU 34-28 or 34-24 instead of 34-9, they probably would have made the playoffs. 

homer, that's quite a prediction about CSU after one game...

CSU didn't play that well last night either and they still hung in there and had a shot at a walk off field goal. They looked like a playoff team to me. Injuries could take them down though, they had at least 3 guys on crutches before the game was over.

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Had UND lost to NDSU 34-28 or 34-24 instead of 34-9, they probably would have made the playoffs. 

homer, that's quite a prediction about CSU after one game...

We will see as the season plays along.  It's not taking anything away from NDSU as they will be there at the end but CSU is very one dimensional.  Indeed them losing to Florida St and Coastal Carolina in the coming weeks.  They'll have to run the rest of the conference schedule to sneak in.  7-4 with a DII win should not get anyone in the playoffs.  

29 minutes ago, homer said:

We will see as the season plays along.  It's not taking anything away from NDSU as they will be there at the end but CSU is very one dimensional.  Indeed them losing to Florida St and Coastal Carolina in the coming weeks.  They'll have to run the rest of the conference schedule to sneak in.  7-4 with a DII win should not get anyone in the playoffs.  

The best team ndsu has played in the playoffs was very one dimensional. Georgia Southern.  

CSU beat Coastal last year, I'd be interested in hearing why after last night you don't think they can do it again.

31 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The best team ndsu has played in the playoffs was very one dimensional. Georgia Southern.  

CSU beat Coastal last year, I'd be interested in hearing why after last night you don't think they can do it again.

Cause their quarterback wasn't very good.   

Teams will stack the box and cover #84   Their offense doesn't look anywhere else   

Their secondary was average.  

Apparently they lack depth   

3 hours ago, homer said:

Cause their quarterback wasn't very good.   

Teams will stack the box and cover #84   Their offense doesn't look anywhere else   

Their secondary was average.  

Apparently they lack depth   

NDSU makes a lot of offenses and qb's look bad. Lot of people here seem to think UND got shafted when they didn't make the playoffs. How did they look in the Fargodome? 

Apparently these guys are good. We will see how they do the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

NDSU makes a lot of offenses and qb's look bad. Lot of people here seem to think UND got shafted when they didn't make the playoffs. How did they look in the Fargodome? 

Apparently these guys are good. We will see how they do the rest of the season. 

The throws that qb missed yeaterday had nothing to do with NDSU.  Throwing the ball isn't his strength.   

NDSUs front seven are very good.   Not arguing that.  

55 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I could be wrong, but their conference is an autobid conference right?. They could be 1-3 after the first four and still win their conference to make the playoffs.

That is why I said they have to run the table the rest of the way.  

Actually if that is the case they have to run the table because they have two DII schools on their schedule.  That would put them at 8-3 with two DII wins.  

CSU is one dimensional, but they probably normally get 3-4 yards on those runs up the middle instead of nothing like they got yesterday.  NDSU is tough up the middle, but it sounded like CSU had a lineman out for the game and they had to mix things up a little which certainly didn't help against a tough defensive front. 

46 minutes ago, homer said:

That is why I said they have to run the table the rest of the way.  

Actually if that is the case they have to run the table because they have two DII schools on their schedule.  That would put them at 8-3 with two DII wins.  

Who's to say what will happen with the teams in the conference? 

Thet only have one more "sure loss" on the schedule.  They'll likely be 1-2 after the fsu game and could go 6-2 the rest of the way and get the autobid. Doesn't seem that difficult with their schedule.

Not sure how that qualifies as "having to run the table".

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Who's to say what will happen with the teams in the conference? 

Thet only have one more "sure loss" on the schedule.  They'll likely be 1-2 after the fsu game and could go 6-2 the rest of the way and get the autobid. Doesn't seem that difficult with their schedule.

Not sure how that qualifies as "having to run the table".

I think they lose to FSU and Coastal Carolina.  I was wrong that they have a conference game in between so thy will likely be 2-3 with one DII win.  If that is where they are they need to run the table because if they don't they are 7-4 with two DII wins.   If that gets a team in the playoffs that is pretty weak.  

But i never thought a 6-5 team would get in either so what do I know.  I just think CSU is very one dimensional on offense with an average (at best) QB.  Even when he had time and open WRs last night, he sucked.  We will see how it plays out.   

9 minutes ago, homer said:

I think they lose to FSU and Coastal Carolina.  I was wrong that they have a conference game in between so thy will likely be 2-3 with one DII win.  If that is where they are they need to run the table because if they don't they are 7-4 with two DII wins.   If that gets a team in the playoffs that is pretty weak.  

But i never thought a 6-5 team would get in either so what do I know.  I just think CSU is very one dimensional on offense with an average (at best) QB.  Even when he had time and open WRs last night, he sucked.  We will see how it plays out.   

I hate to rehash an old conversation that I know strikes a nerve here, but the way they lost that game last night will play a role in the committees decision to include them in the playoffs if they are on the bubble. Even more so if they keep things respectable with fsu.

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I hate to rehash an old conversation that I know strikes a nerve here, but the way they lost that game last night will play a role in the committees decision to include them in the playoffs if they are on the bubble. Even more so if they keep things respectable with fsu.

And if they are 7-4 with two DII wins they shouldn't be on the bubble.