SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

8 hours ago, Wildfan said:

Not sure if mentioned but looking through the NDSU TV/RADIO bid info:http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/news/GM-EDITORIAL-Takeaways-from-competition-for-the-NDSU-contract-391338082.html

And the TV Bids: http://www.valleynewslive-ondemand.com/pdf/Football television proposals_Redacted.pdf

Use related links on right side to find all the info.

Moving this to where it is more appropriate:

Here's what I gathered reading through the information released by KVLY: Neither RFM or KVLY had any media restrictions requested in their bids. The only media "restriction" that WDAY requested was exclusive pre and post game locker room access. So that brings up the question of where did all the restrictions that were put in place (and then rescinded) come from? Judging by the text messages and e-mails released, its a pretty safe bet that it came internally from NDSU for the sole purpose of spiting and hurting FCC for what they felt was an inadequate bid. It is particularly obvious considering that many of the restrictions were directed specifically at things only FCC did. To add another layer, the director of Sales and Broadcasting for NDSU athletics, who would have directly worked on helping pick a contract and coming up with any policies, happened to get a job as the co-host for a radio show on the station that won the radio rights and also would have benefitted immensely from some of the now rescinded restrictions (exclusive access to head coach and unlimited access to assistant coaches during the season being the obvious one). Seems that it would be pretty important for it to be disclosed whether this NDSU employee is also being paid for his work on the radio, because if he is, that is a huge conflict of interest by a public employee. Pretty tough to claim that NDSU is an innocent bystander in this whole media mess when policies that appear to be internally driven were the catalyst for the whole issue. They had no problem getting dirty and playing in the mud and rightfully took a pretty decent PR hit for it.

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Moving this to where it is more appropriate:

Here's what I gathered reading through the information released by KVLY: Neither RFM or KVLY had any media restrictions requested in their bids. The only media "restriction" that WDAY requested was exclusive pre and post game locker room access. So that brings up the question of where did all the restrictions that were put in place (and then rescinded) come from? Judging by the text messages and e-mails released, its a pretty safe bet that it came internally from NDSU for the sole purpose of spiting and hurting FCC for what they felt was an inadequate bid. It is particularly obvious considering that many of the restrictions were directed specifically at things only FCC did. To add another layer, the director of Sales and Broadcasting for NDSU athletics, who would have directly worked on helping pick a contract and coming up with any policies, happened to get a job as the co-host for a radio show on the station that won the radio rights and also would have benefitted immensely from some of the now rescinded restrictions (exclusive access to head coach and unlimited access to assistant coaches during the season being the obvious one). Seems that it would be pretty important for it to be disclosed whether this NDSU employee is also being paid for his work on the radio, because if he is, that is a huge conflict of interest by a public employee. Pretty tough to claim that NDSU is an innocent bystander in this whole media mess when policies that appear to be internally driven were the catalyst for the whole issue. They had no problem getting dirty and playing in the mud and rightfully took a pretty decent PR hit for it.

You know the forum isn't going to ask anymore questions.  They have their knee pads on and hands full again. 

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Seems that it would be pretty important for it to be disclosed whether this NDSU employee is also being paid for his work on the radio, because if he is, that is a huge conflict of interest by a public employee. Pretty tough to claim that NDSU is an innocent bystander in this whole media mess when policies that appear to be internally driven were the catalyst for the whole issue. 

That could get messy if it were shown to be the case. 

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No rookie is. Long term if they have a decent OL he should be fine. He needs to work on his touch though.

I have no idea how Wentz will do, but Jameis Winston, Todd Gurley, and Amari Cooper might argue about no rookie being ready.

• Downvote 1

Just now, 3Putt said:

I have no idea how Wentz will do, but Jameis Winston, Todd Gurley, and Amari Cooper might argue about no rookie being ready.

Qb I should have added that. Even the best rookie qb seasons aren't that great. It seems to take a year of seasoning with growing pains to adjust to the NFL game.

• Upvote 1

Dak looked pretty good his very first preseason game for Dallas, he started the game so he was playing with the 1's and he's looked pretty good the entire preseason.  Yes it was only preseason though.....he will have his struggles at times.  He could turn out to be the best of the QB's taken.  Sounds like Goff will likely be 3rd string initially.

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I feel bad for Wentz he doesn't have much for talent surrounding him. Hopefully he doesn't get killed out there.

Thats my biggest concern. Hope he can weather the injury bug while they get him a better supporting cast.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:
Pretty good debut for Carson. 22 of 37 for 278 yards and 2 TD's. Eagles 29 Browns 10. Looking forward to going to Chicago next Monday for their Monday night game against the Bears.

He looked pretty good today. Really composed. Still needs to get better on touch throws but he looked really prepared. Speaking of how he looked, he would have looked mighty fine in kelly green. How about you do your part as an uncle and send the next Wentz stud UNDs way.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He looked pretty good today. Really composed. Still needs to get better on touch throws but he looked really prepared. Speaking of how he looked, he would have looked mighty fine in kelly green. How about you do your part as an uncle and send the next Wentz stud UNDs way.

His little brother is a receiver. Tall lanky kid. He's also a hell of a baseball player. 8th grader so it will be interesting to see if he fills out like Carson. 

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:
Pretty good debut for Carson. 22 of 37 for 278 yards and 2 TD's. Eagles 29 Browns 10. Looking forward to going to Chicago next Monday for their Monday night game against the Bears.

Especially considering he played like 15 minutes of the exhibition season.  A nice first game by Carson, much to the chagrin of some folks around here.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Interesting perspective from the Philly press about Wentz's debut:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20160912_Sielski__Keep_Wentz_s_terrific_debut_in_perspective.html

Let's just say it, a good performance against a terrible Browns team that is led by RG III????  This game doesn't tell us much.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Let's just say it, a good performance against a terrible Browns team that is led by RG III????  This game doesn't tell us much.

Are you kidding. Yes, it was just one game and nobody should be preparing a bust for Canton just yet, but it was an impressive debut even if it was against the Browns. They are a bad team but their defense is not horrible. Joe Haden is considered one of the best CB's in the league. I don't know what great_sioux was watching, but he must not have watched the entire game. There may have been a handful of the  37 throws he would like back, but the 2 TD throws and several others were perfect throws where only his receiver could get it. His touch on Sunday was just fine. I am sure he will run into tougher defenses and have some bad games this year and in the future, but to claim Sunday meant nothing is crazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Are you kidding. Yes, it was just one game and nobody should be preparing a bust for Canton just yet, but it was an impressive debut even if it was against the Browns. They are a bad team but their defense is not horrible. Joe Haden is considered one of the best CB's in the league. I don't know what great_sioux was watching, but he must not have watched the entire game. There may have been a handful of the  37 throws he would like back, but the 2 TD throws and several others were perfect throws where only his receiver could get it. His touch on Sunday was just fine. I am sure he will run into tougher defenses and have some bad games this year and in the future, but to claim Sunday meant nothing is crazy.

I said Sunday meant nothing!!??

I believe I said 1 game against that Browns team doesn't tell us much......

Let's put the Hall of Fame Ballots on hold and enjoy the ride Susie Sensitive.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Apparently you don't know what a touch throw is. He can drop it in the bucket from distance but struggles more on the short ones.